Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the whole argument about the relative sensitivities of luminol and TMB interesting but really not very relavant to the trial itself. Let me explain. I hope we can ALL agree that luminol tests can yield false positive results and TMB can yields false negative results. Coming down hard that a sample, in this case the footprints, contains blood if a luminol test is positive and no other test is performed, seems scientifically foolhearty. If both luminol and TMB tests are positive, most reasonable people would assume that the sample contains blood. Would the 2 tests being positive mean the sample contains blood with 100%]certainty? No, but the chances that it does contain blood are very very high. When a sample tests positive with luminol and negative with TMB one would be scientifically VERY foolhearty to claim the sample contained blood with any degree of certainty. Could it contain blood? Yes but the chances that it does contain blood are significantly less than 50% and if you or someone you loved were on trial for murder my bet is that you would not want the jury to consider the results as presumptive evidence of blood. If I were the judge or the jury in this case, in honestly would consider the claim that the footprints contained blood UNPROVEN.

What should have been done is that Steffanoni should have conducted a set of different tests to clarify the presence or absence of blood. These tests were not done. Why? And, why did Steffanoni, in court try and hide the fact that the TMB tests were even performed?

I will admit the what I am going to say next is biased by my complete disrespect for Steffanoni as a capable scientist and my suspicion that she conducted her work with a prosecution bias. It is pure conjecture, but it seems logical to me. I suspect that after the luminol tests came back positive, Steffanoni was convinced that the footprints contained blood and only did the TMB tests as icing on the cake. When they came back negative, she was probably surprised and afraid to give the prosecution evidence that might not fit their explanation of the case. Additional testing might or might not confirm the presence of blood but she could not risk an overall negative result so she did not do the additional tests. She probalby felt she could bluff her way through the trial by failing to reveal the negative TMB tests but unfortunately for her, the bluff failed and she and her work were exposed.
[/B][/B][/B]

Sorry for the bolding in the above post. I only wanted to bold "100%".

There is no evidence any part of the rape was staged. It all looks like actual rape.

"No evidence" - yes, that's Amanda's line also - after she tampered with the evidence and manipulated the evidence.

I'm not going to get into an argument about the two sites. I don't understand the total bashing from one side that is constantly done here. I never see the same said even though I guarantee some of us feel that way. Can we not have a discussion with out derogatory names being used in reference to sites we disagree with? (I understand that it wasn't done in this particular post but it's been done constantly)

Anyways I don't see any falsified transcript, the discussion was over trial testimony that was put into an easy to read format. There weren't made up sentences the discussion was over a conversation that has been translated repeatedly from English to Italian to English and so on. Who even knows what was actually said.

While we're on the discussion of lies, did you ever come up with a logical reason for RS to exaggerate the arrival time at the police station by some 5 hours?

The falsified transcript was discussed here a couple of threads ago. It came from the fake wiki, along with the falsified timeline Sherlock reposted that had phone calls reshuffled to "prove" the postals arrived before calling the Carabinieri.

I have no idea what lies do you refer to. You need to be more specific, with quotes. If it's part of the evidence I'd be happy to discuss it.

I'm not going to get into an argument about the two sites. I don't understand the total bashing from one side that is constantly done here. I never see the same said even though I guarantee some of us feel that way. Can we not have a discussion with out derogatory names being used in reference to sites we disagree with? (I understand that it wasn't done in this particular post but it's been done constantly)

Anyways I don't see any falsified transcript, the discussion was over trial testimony that was put into an easy to read format. There weren't made up sentences the discussion was over a conversation that has been translated repeatedly from English to Italian to English and so on. Who even knows what was actually said.

IMO the hallmarks of this case are misleading statements and mistranslations, both accidental and deliberate. IMO there's no point in talking about a "paid for" PR machine in favor of Amanda Knox when the police and prosecution deliberately and with malice leaked damaging partial information about her and the evidence to the press, before they had completed enough of their investigation to know that Rudy G was present.

We here can only work with what's available and make up our own minds as to the veracity of the different sites.

"No evidence" - yes, that's Amanda's line also - after she tampered with the evidence and manipulated the evidence.

OK, she did it so well that there is no evidence of tampering or manipulating. How unfortunate for your theory :)

IMO you hit the nail right on the head there. It would be nice to live in a world like yours, where women were NOT raped at a frequency of one every two minutes (237,868 reported rapes in the US in 2006)

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/frequency-of-sexual-assault

mostly by a single man acting alone.

Does it by any chance tell what percentage of those are from strangers and what are from people the victim knew?

Anyway, yes I see that many fall back to posting random statistics when they don't agree with something.

I would also ask the supporters of her innocence - would anything change in your view if there was no rape involved in this case, and it was a burglar who came in, yet the strange thing is, wow this burglar did not actually steal hardly anything. And then the burglar brutally stabs this woman Meredith completely contained to the woman's bedroom. ?

Does it by any chance tell what percentage of those are from strangers and what are from people the victim knew?

Anyway, yes I see that many fall back to posting random statistics when they don't agree with something.

I would also ask the supporters of her innocence - would anything change in your view if there was no rape involved in this case, and it was a burglar who came in, yet the strange thing is, wow this burglar did not actually steal hardly anything. And then the burglar brutally stabs this woman Meredith completely contained to the woman's bedroom. ?

It would not change my view that surprising an intruder in your home can be a very dangerous thing. By breaking in they have already broken the law, and standards of proper behavior; there is little at that point to keep them from going further.

No, and it also leaves out the unknown number of "unreported" rapes, so my guess is this number contains a relatively high percentage of "stranger" rapes.

Don't forget, Meredith was not unknown to Rudy, whether or not she would have considered him a friend, acquaintance of her friend downstairs or total stranger.

Radar on line? Really? That's what is passing as reliable media these days? Why didn't this ex girlfriend talk to a real journalist instead? Maybe Radar pays more for the "juicy stuff".

MOO

Radar on line? Really? That's what is passing as reliable media these days? Why didn't this ex girlfriend talk to a real journalist instead? Maybe Radar pays more for the "juicy stuff".

MOO

I think it's all about the money. Sollecito must be texting her madly, while she doesn't respond.

I think it's all about the money. Sollecito must be texting her madly, while she doesn't respond.

IMO Otto, linking to tabloid trash like that seriously undermines the credibility of other links you provide. JMO

Or maybe he doesn't. I confess I'm a bit more skeptical about the Radar than you :)

The falsified transcript was discussed here a couple of threads ago. It came from the fake wiki, along with the falsified timeline Sherlock reposted that had phone calls reshuffled to "prove" the postals arrived before calling the Carabinieri.

I have no idea what lies do you refer to. You need to be more specific, with quotes. If it's part of the evidence I'd be happy to discuss it.

BBM thank you I guess it's too much to ask. Of course I know what was discussed because it was my link.

I have linked to the interview RS (originally posted by a poster who believes them innocent) gave where he said this, of course it isn't in evidence because he didn't testify in his own defense. Although he's done plenty talking to the media and in his book, when he's not under oath or being cross examined by a prosecutor. He seems to have no issue with misrepresenting the evidence, as long as its in his favor.

IMO Otto, linking to tabloid trash like that seriously undermines the credibility of other links you provide. JMO
Radar may be into "celebrity gossip" but I think they are legitimate in their verification and fact-checking (I used to work as a press agent and press release manager). Thanks for posting, Otto :)

Radar may be into "celebrity gossip" but I think they are legitimate in their verification and fact-checking (I used to work as a press agent and press release manager).

We'll see. Nothing to confirm the story of the lady what's her name so far.

I have linked to the interview RS (originally posted by a poster who believes them innocent) gave where he said this, of course it isn't in evidence because he didn't testify in his own defense. Although he's done plenty talking to the media and in his book, when he's not under oath or being cross examined by a prosecutor. He seems to have no issue with misrepresenting the evidence, as long as its in his favor.

I don't think you're correct about it, TBH.
I've read his book and the timing seems about right and in accordance with the evidence. After all it was something discussed in court.

They were at the police station from after 10pm to next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe