Malware?

skibaboo

Mrs Map
Reaction score
Ok 2nd attempt at posting! I'm on my phone and suck.

I just tried to check the forum on my PC and 2 times I tried I was redirected to download 'Flash' which I already have and is up to date. The file downloaded both times even though I hit cancel. Thankfully Chrome alerted it was harmful and discarded it but I was redirected to another site when I did hit cancel, my anti virus blocked the site and warned it contained malware.

Is this me or is anyone else getting it? I've had it happen before here but not for a while. Sorry to Dave the tech guy for any bother this may cause you!

TIA for your help

**Major problem with this happening. I can no longer browse this site easily, as I keep getting bounced to some sxsxsx.com something link (which looks very suspicious!) pretty continuously.

Trying to be patient, but due to one thing or another messing up my ability to browse & post, I've been unable to participate fully here for some time.

It just happened again when I was trying to check on this thread

Same Ausgirl, it jumps to sxsxsx.net and downloads a setup file. Then when I hit cancel it redirects to a site called zecriessy.info

Frustrating!

First things first, try downloading and installing a copy of malwarebytes. One version is free, another is free premium for 14 days. Download and install the non-premium version first. Once installed, scan your computer and remove anything it finds. Depending on the malware this maybe only be the beginning. You may need to update the database on malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

I've used malwarebytes for years but thanks for the reminder Peliman. I'll run a scan and make sure my system is clean.

I also keep getting bounced to sxsxsx.com and the site tries to download a file but my security stops it.

It is happening in every forum or thread I attempt to read, the only way to stop it, is if I stop the page from loading in completely, which is not ideal!

It is only happening on websleuths, it is not from my end.

Also having the same problem, pretty sure it's not legit. Odd how we're all getting it the same day!
Pain in the bum!

I'm having the same problem. Whatever you do, DON'T download anything from that site. It is nasty.

I've used malwarebytes for years but thanks for the reminder Peliman. I'll run a scan and make sure my system is clean.

Thanks skibaboo, not sure if your scan detected or removed anything. I can't tell without feedback if it's been effective. I know others are saying it's from here and it sounds like an ad redirect.

I'm personally not having any trouble with chrome and plus installed as an . If malwarebytes isn't working or won't load there are other programs to clean malware or registry directs and boot hooks.

I've gotten the same thing - the other day it happened repeatedly. It only happens here.

Thanks skibaboo, not sure if your scan detected or removed anything. I can't tell without feedback if it's been effective. I know others are saying it's from here and it sounds like an ad redirect.

I'm personally not having any trouble with chrome and plus installed as an . If malwarebytes isn't working or won't load there are other programs to clean malware or registry directs and boot hooks.

Sorry about that! Malwarebytes found 58 issues! I'm now clean and am not having the issue here anymore. However the forum is going so slow for me the last 2 days, it's virtually impossible to use on my PC. I don't think the 2 problems are connected, I've run scans again and I'm clean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back