Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAMXS is abbreviation for pain medications. However I find it odd that druggies would be aware of what the abbreviations were. Guess when you use long enough you start educating yourself on the meds.

This list could be written by MR with his mom telling him what to donate. With it matching JMO the other note in car, I am thinking this note is between JW and MR after seeing the bags at the time of arrest. Pants in Jacob bag, money in glove box. JMO What do you think????

In the one note, it says something about Dave's bedroom furniture. Wasn't his mom dating a guy named DR at one point? He was in the MSM quoted somewhere on here earlier in the proceedings (from 2009 news though) as saying he didn't think MR would end up in jail for something like this....

I don't have the link handy but its probably available in google search.:twocents:

Not that it has any bearing on this case, but poor communication between law enforcement issues in Canada isn't anything new. Do some research on the Bernardo debacle, or even the Picton one, and you will find ample evidence of critiques directed at the poor communication between agencies.

Oh, but it does have bearing on this case and trust me, I know very well about the Bernado "debacle"... in fact, I know up close and personal - as I'm related to one of Bernardo and Homolka's victims. I've lived it. That's the problem. That's why I hope beyond hope that *IF* MR is guilty of 1st degree murder it will be proven BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT. **IF** he's guilty - I pray there will be solid DNA evidence that will keep him in jail for the rest of his life. It's not enough under our laws to put him away and keep him there based on circumstancial evidence. <modsnip> - even without the all of the facts. <modsnip>... only to see the killer serve a partial sentence and then be set free to enjoy the rest of her life... as we have with KH. This is why I sincerely hope that **IF** MR is guilty - there has been enough sharing of information between the forces that they get the job done right and keep in in jail... but so far I'm afraid it just isn't there.... not yet

In the one note, it says something about Dave's bedroom furniture. Wasn't his mom dating a guy named Dave at one point? He was in the MSM quoted somewhere on here earlier in the proceedings (from 2009 news though) as saying he didn't think MR would end up in jail for something like this....

I don't have the link handy but its probably available in google search.:twocents:

Yes I remember that as well....looks like mom was done with him, she is donating his furniture!!!!

Regarding the note in the car, imo whoever wrote the note did not discuss bringing back, buying back or whatever back ...... a pair of pants and then roll right into a sentence regarding paying for oxy's.

IMO, this is a note about drugs and not a RX for anyone.

MOO

Yes I remember that as well....looks like mom was done with him, she is donating his furniture!!!!

Maybe he agreed to have his stuff donated? Who knows. I don't even know if the note was written by his mom or if it was in regard's to the boyfriend's things - it was just a guess. :twocents:

Regarding the note in the car, imo whoever wrote the note did not discuss bringing back, buying back or whatever back ...... a pair of pants and then roll right into a sentence regarding paying for oxy's.

IMO, this is a note about drugs and not a RX for anyone.

MOO

it would if someone was doing an errand run...both requests could run into one another...:moo:

For MAC ... (quote not working again)

I could agree with that had it been anything but Oxy's!

Just MOO

You know I just have to say it....
I am really apalled at how some on here will argue and ask for references consistantly to try and prove that MR was innocent in some way shape or form. Well here is what I see. I see a man who was somehow involved in the kidnapping, murder and the hiding of the body of an 8 year old girl. Whether he is guilty of sexual assualt or not, right now to me, is irrelevant. He was involved in this atrocity and should not see the light of day again. While I believe some of you are actually doing this in the name of justice, I believe others are trying to be the ones who thought outside the box and want to be right when everyone else was wrong. But guess what he was admittidly there which makes him guilty period! We know our law states that if someone dies in the process of a kidnapping, intentional or not, that the person involved is guilty of murder.
<modsnip> Really I hope TM and RS do not read on here because I am embarassed by the extent that some will go to to defend <modsnip>. Yes we are entitled to our own opinions but try and be realistic. <modsnip>

Not defending... not at all... just praying for concrete evidence !

Originally Posted by swedie
MR was on OW/welfare whatever you call it these days, JMO

Why would anyone pay his legal fees when he can get a lawyer at taxpayers expense? It's called legal aid IIRC. I guess if he has working friends and his family works too, I guess they would be contributing also then through their taxes. HTH

(BBM)

I don't remember reading this. Do you have a link, please? TIA

I got out the magnifying glass and it definitely looks like you can bring the pants back tomorrow.

sorry but I have a visual of you up close and personal with magnifying glass in hand against your monitor...it just gave me a chuckle... thanks...

sorry but I have a visual of you up close and personal with magnifying glass in hand against your monitor...it just gave me a chuckle... thanks...

lol, that's exactly what I did too.:blushing:

You know I just have to say it....
<modsnip>. Well here is what I see. I see a man who was somehow involved in the kidnapping, murder and the hiding of the body of an 8 year old girl. Whether he is guilty of sexual assualt or not, right now to me, is irrelevant. He was involved in this atrocity and should not see the light of day again. <modsnip> But guess what he was admittidly there which makes him guilty period! We know our law states that if someone dies in the process of a kidnapping, intentional or not, that the person involved is guilty of murder.
<modsnip>Really I hope TM and RS do not read on here because I am embarassed <modsnip>. Yes we are entitled to our own opinions but try and be realistic. <modsnip>

I agree Alison that some comments on here can be upsetting. Personally, <modsnip>
BUT I do appreciate being able to come to a place where I can access a multitude of viewpoints.
I think that many of the people here who play 'devil's advocate' are a balancing factor here, <modsnip>

I consider myself an intelligent, analytical and compassionate person...but I almost DAILY hear someone else's viewpoint that keeps me from jumping to a premature conclusion.

JMO

snipped from AG's quote

I think if we looked again at what was in CM's house, we might see some of the items on this list. (I will later.)

From the pics below of TLM's house you can see the following items (which were also on the Carol List....JMO

Pic #11 lamps, end table, tv stand in the middle of room
#10 coffee table
#20 night stand
#23 could be the tv stand as well
#28 tall dresser
#45 bed
the only thing that I do not see which was also on the list was curtains.
TLM's neighbours reported earlier that CM and TLM slept on a mattress on the floor, with the list found at MR's house perhaps all these items were donated to Carol. JMO

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html#prev

Not defending... not at all... just praying for concrete evidence !

As do I. However he did admit to being there and assisting in some way, which IMO makes it concrete but does not mean others have the same thought process or value system as I do. I am referring to what seems to be consistant head butting over the littlest of things, not the need for pertinent, valuable information. Just was frustrated at the moment sorry :).

This list could be written by MR with his mom telling him what to donate. With it matching JMO the other note in car, I am thinking this note is between JW and MR after seeing the bags at the time of arrest. Pants in Jacob bag, money in glove box. JMO What do you think????

You mean MR's mother dictated that whole "Things 4 Carol" note to MR and he wrote all that down? Honestly not trying to be sarcastic here, but was there something wrong with her that she couldn't write the note herself? The two bottom additions ("coffee table" and "end table") were written with a different pen, presumably on another day. It makes no sense to me that he wrote this on two separate occasions while being dictated to. Also, "2 lamps" has been crossed off, meaning that she either changed her mind, or that this had already been donated.

Who do you think wrote the smaller note? It couldn't have been JW if the writing matches the previous one. If it was a reminder by MR to himself, why would he write "you can bring the pants back tomorrow"? I would just write, "bring the pants back tomorrow", no "you" necessary.

I maintain that both these notes were written by DM.

Just MOO.

I agree Alison that some comments on here can be upsetting. Personally, I find some of the offhanded 'laughing' emoticons sometimes tasteless, annoying and aggravating. (Those are the ones that I think could be upsetting to the family!)

BUT I do appreciate being able to come to a place where I can access a multitude of viewpoints.
I think that many of the people here who play 'devil's advocate' are a balancing factor here, as they prevent this forum from simply becoming a 'lynch mob'!
I consider myself an intelligent, analytical and compassionate person...but I almost DAILY hear someone else's viewpoint that keeps me from jumping to a premature conclusion.

JMO

I just want people to be "reasonable" with there opinions. Some are just a bit overwhelming.

snipped from AG's quote

I think if we looked again at what was in CM's house, we might see some of the items on this list. (I will later.)

From the pics below of TLM's house you can see the following items (which were also on the Carol List....JMO

Pic #11 lamps, end table, tv stand in the middle of room
#10 coffee table
#20 night stand
#23 could be the tv stand as well
#28 tall dresser
#45 bed
the only thing that I do not see which was also on the list was curtains.
TLM's neighbours reported earlier that CM and TLM slept on a mattress on the floor, with the list found at MR's house perhaps all these items were donated to Carol. JMO

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html#prev

Thank you! I vaguely remembered seeing the lamps and "tall boy", both of which looked somewhat out of place in that house. I'm not surprised that the curtains weren't up; that would take tools and curtain rods and initiative. The house looks as if the drywall had been patched and was ready for priming/painting. (Who knows how long it had been like that!) I wouldn't be hanging any curtains until after I'd done the planned painting.

Great catch on the pics, Flip!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members