IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no inspection in the state of Indiana,which is why you see so many crappity cars on the road.

There are car inspections in Indiana, just not down in the Indianapolis area. I know that Northwest Indiana still does vehicle inspections.

So, to clarify, no history so far of DN having any employment as a trucker, etc, right? This is good...

I believe there was some speculation that the witness may not have been on the trail. I believe a sleuther posted that it could have been SW of Indianapolis. Could that tie into Martinsville?

There are just too many threads to go back and try to find the posts. Does anyone remember this?

JMHO

I do recall that post, but all along I have been under the impression that there were multiple witnesses and that they had seen him near or on the trail that day; Here are a couple references; (emphasis mine)

"For five months, the blurry photo and the audio were the only pieces of evidence released publicly. Then on July 17th, investigators released a composite sketch of the suspect.

Authorities say witnesses who claimed to have seen the suspect near the Delphi Historic Trails came forward during the course of the investigation."
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/08/14/six-months-later-where-does-the-delphi-investigation-stand/

"Sgt. Riley said in the interview on Tuesday that the sketch of the suspect had been made from information the authorities received from public tips, but he declined to say whether the information came from one or more people or how it was handed over.
“It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”
Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

But to answer your Q I think the one you are thinking of was a rumor on a blog that is just not trustworthy and therefore not allowed. I think it was quoted here and then removed but it was about BG having been seen sitting on a park bench some time prior to Feb 13. Just rumor and not credible if that is the one you recall?

Maybe they were withholding that information and when they got tips then those who say it is so and so but he always carries a hatchet then they would know those tips were credible.

That's also the kind of detail that can bias tips the other direction: "Oh, thus-and-so is a violent offender who looks like the sketch, but he never carried a hatchet so it can't be him." They have to walk a very fine line between enough information to jog people's memories but not so much it distorts them.

Wow....

(This gives me hope that hopefully it wasn't the hatchet that killed them, of course any COD is bad, ykwim )..

Still way back in thread 69, see yall here later.

I know what you mean margarita it is terrible when you wish two girls had been shot instead of possibly being killed with a hatchet.

...a .22 though. Could easily take multiple shots depending where he shot him at.
None of the articles describe how close the shooter likely was to Tim Watkins. It's possible the killer shot him from a distance for the "sport" of it and then approached his wounded prey and shot him again. It's so evil to shoot an innocent bike rider that it's hard to conceptualize.

looking at the google map just posted previous thread..
could a train run in that line?
Maybe he rode the rail for something to do.

Nothing I could find on the map, but somebody posted a rail map in either #68 or #69 that showed rail lines in Indiana. Not sure where they got it though.

Seeing in the previous thread TonyD noticed DN took a selfie holding the camera with his left hand. Really wondering now if he's ambidextrous.

There are car inspections in Indiana, just not down in the Indianapolis area. I know that Northwest Indiana still does vehicle inspections.
Did not know that NW IN still did this.Thought it was done away with in entire state.

DN has been arrested many, many times. He was arrested 5 separate times for public masturbation. He was arrested least once for domestic violence. He was also arrested another time for possession of mj. That's 7 arrests. He must know the legal system well by now. If he didn't lawyer up and is actually talking to LE, I'll be surprised.

Seeing in the previous thread TonyD noticed DN took a selfie holding the camera with his left hand. Really wondering now if he's ambidextrous.

It appears to me this photo may have been take in one of the homes he was building when employed by the construction company. No shower curtain, no rug. he is wearing socks, looks more fashionable , clean, has a cellphone. Steady employment, Before everything went bad. Sorry can't quote on this thing.

I think he wanted to get a picture of the tattoo on his right arm, so i dont think it is definitive.

I'm right handed, and take selfies with my left. Just works better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members