southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Ya think?.........

And so for our Blinding Flash of the Obvious Archives:

Binge drinking leads to unsafe sex

Friday, September 5, 2008

(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- According to the Centers for Disease Control, 75 percent of alcohol consumed in the United States is in the form of binge drinking -- and that staggering figure is contributing to unsafe sex and STDs among women, according to a new study.
Results of the study show binge drinking, or drinking five or more alcoholic beverages at a time, puts women at a substantially greater risk for engaging in unsafe sexual practices and contracting gonorrhea.

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/sep/05/binge_drinking_leads_unsafe_sex53154/

How is this "new" news. I have many times before that drinking and specifically binge drinking leads to "risky" conduct like unplanned unprotected sex, STD, rape, sexual assault and other risky and stupid conduct.

But it continues and will likely continue.......

How is this "new" news. I have many times before that drinking and specifically binge drinking leads to "risky" conduct like unplanned unprotected sex, STD, rape, sexual assault and other risky and stupid conduct.

But it continues and will likely continue.......

Exactly. But maybe I just think so because I'm a reprobate and many of my formative years were spent drinking too much followed by unsafe sexual activity.....

Um, duh.

Please tell me they didn't spend any money on this study!

Ya think?.........

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was...ya think? Then I read the first post. Geeze, I wonder how much money was spent on this study?

I think we should get together and apply for a grant to study stupid studies. :rolleyes:

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was...ya think? Then I read the first post. Geeze, I wonder how much money was spent on this study?

I think we should get together and apply for a grant to study stupid studies. :rolleyes:

Hey luvbeaches! :) I'm a serial entrepreneur and that was one of my thoughts! Great minds think alike!

ETA - thanks to whoever edited the typo in the title

It's like they followed me around the summer after my divorce:eye:

picture.php

I can't get this to open...

I did what you posted, now what? Where's the link you provided earlier? I hate to sound like a dumb blonde...lol :)

:clap: :clap: What a marvelous idea!!! :clap: :clap:

No!!!! I just had to add that. I laughed. What are they going to spend our tax money on, now?! Tell us something we don't know =)

Yes...next study should be "Binge drinking and drunk dialing: Who should really be listed on your cell phone?" LOL I swear I have gotten calls from people that were simply work acquaintances and while funny...was inappropriate to say the least! But hey...would make a great study for some money. :)

Yes...next study should be "Binge drinking and drunk dialing: Who should really be listed on your cell phone?" LOL I swear I have gotten calls from people that were simply work acquaintances and while funny...was inappropriate to say the least! But hey...would make a great study for some money. :)

LOOOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had a phase where i had to turn my phone off at nite because of all the drunk dials. (okay even though i think that was just karma coming to bite me after my drunk dials freshman and sophomore years of college ...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back