Music Connections to Pictures found on casey's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem.. Hope you didnt think I was giving you a hard time..Just a difference in opinion.. I have to tell you, if you never started this thread, or posted that video, I definately would have never seen it! So it was interesting, and creepy, all at the same time..LOL

No I wanted different opinions everyone has one, I just think that it was more disturbing then the girl graphic looking at a bear on a noose! The lyrics in the song has a lot in this case to me thats all!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

No I wanted different opions everyone has one, I just think that it was more disturbing then the girl graphic looking at a bear on a noose! The lyrics in the song has a lot in this case to me thats all!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thanks!!

I find the thread interesting. Pehaps we SHOULD research other bands and see what's there. Less painful than researching pings heh!

Seriously, it may not be hard evidence but I for one know my songs sets that I like to play, change with where I'm at with my life atm.

Some songs I love but at times I plain don't want to hear them. Other times I listen to music that isn't what I would usually listen to. Music may not be solid proof but it's an indicator of moods/feelings imo.

I am really, REALLY getting too old.

I read the comments under the vid and everyone was saying what a "beautiful" song it was and "Modest Mouse's best yet..." And I'm thinking, "Really?" I had to go back and attempt to listen to the lyrics and I'm still saying, "Really?"

So I'm trying (in my old feeble mind) to connect this video to a "clue" in Casey's case. I'm thinking, "So is Caylee in a small motel?" "Was she sick and died in a hospital?" "Is she in Las Vegas?" "Does Casey wanna go to Las Vegas?" "Did Caylee have to listen to this horrible song so much that it killed her?"

Sheesh. I guess I don't get it.

But maybe there is something to it along the line of, "Gee this is so tragic. Young mother loses child and everyone is talking about this video...I can make it the real deal."

OK. I'm just too old. I know. Somebody 'splain this to me, OK?

Thanks.

Don't feel lonesome. I've never even heard of Modest Mouse.

Can't Sleep ..I read your post and just burst out laughing!!:blowkiss: I feel ya with the age thing!! I'm ONLY 50 and I know that seems old to alot of these spring chicks, but it's not! :eek: That my story and I'm sticking to it! :crazy: I thought the very same thing at first, (gimme Pink Floyd or Zeppelin) but then I "got it" somewhat. (not sure about it meaning much though) Thanks for the "laugh therapy"!

Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, before he got sober and was really wild.

I listened to some out there stuff. Among them, the Residents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Residents

Oh yeah...

You really should put the picture # when you refer to a picture on that link so we don't have to go thru the 41 pictures..:blowkiss:

Anyhow..I so get what you are saying..And after watching that video and reading the lyrics I would so like to know if she downloaded that video on her computer at some point...
If she has the picture chances are good she watched the video as well..

There were 1216 assorted "images" & 1 slide-show in the icons157 acct.... some uploaded by icons157, some uploaded by another user.... only a handful [maybe 25-30] were of Caylee.... some were taken with a Canon Canon PowerShot A75, some were taken with SONY DSC-S40...
I think as far as the images go, the pictures from that acct that are gonna be the most telling of all are the ones they did not release publicly.... the ones that didn't "fit" with the general theme of basic known friends, generic myspace icons, & imikimis...
imo....

That vid was creepy....Did we ever find out if that specific video was ever on her comp??? Just checking....I scanned the other posts and didn't see anyone acatually pinpoint the source....Regardless, the video was very creepy. Wow.

I think that everyone has been jumping to a lot of conclusions, and not just about this particular song. Going back to the pic of the girl and the teddy bear/noose, I've seen that pic for years now. It's not a new pic and it's not exactly odd--it's just a statement on capital punishment or not, and certainly the artwork is rather haunting.

This particular song is gorgeous. I never listened to MM much because I couldn't stand their "breakout song" (and I can't even remember what it was... lol). If I understand correctly, Casey's computer had an image of a Modest Mouse CD art, and from there, we've found this video, which may or may not have ever even been seen by Casey? Sorry, but it's drawing conclusions out of thin air. Not trying to insult anyone, but sometimes when we're really really trying to find more info, we can create bridges when there really isn't any. It's a coincedence and it's certainly a haunting and memorable video.

I love music. I think it's evident that Casey does too--a huge part of her photo collection was album art. But yet, even for my favorite bands I may have never seen a single video. Videos just are not as big as they used to be in MTV's heyday. It wouldn't surprise me if Casey has watched this video, but it also wouldnt' surprise me if she's never seen it before at all.

The video is sometimes eerie, but it's not really at the end when you see what happened.

I just think that this is interesting, but not a clue, and certainly not anything concrete enough to begin trying to relate to Casey and what she may have done.

I hope this is coming out right--I don't mean say "pooey" on anyone's opinion. I just think that this is a little farfetched to truly attach to the case.

Lisha

Bold is mine....and I feel the same way...that in this case a 'video' is just not a 'video.'

Some of the creepiest aspects of the video, to me, were as follows:

the video goes back in time; To me it kind of conveyed that the mother wishes she had done something differently. The lyrics seem to hint that the mother was the cause of the child's death: "We trade tit for tat,
yeah that for this, and I don’t think that there was an insult that was missed.
I can see it in your eyes like I taste your lips, and
I’m very sorry."

playing at the park; It shows to me that there were happy times before the child's death. When I see that park I cannot help but think of the blanchard park and how Casey states she would take Caylee there to play on the playground.

disregard for safety; In the video that mother has a disregard for her child's safety...smoking while pumping gas and having a seatbelt on herself in the car.....but none on the child....and the child in the front seat of the car. Could that allude to a possiblity of an accidental death?

Anyhow...just some thoughts. I found the video extremely disturbing.

As per the little girl picture that was creepy I believe it was number 31 with the shadow of a little girl with pigtails and a short haired woman next to the child.

Hiya Nurse! :) I find it so interesting your interpretation on the video. I watched the whole thing and didn't pick up on the cigarette or the carseat thing. You're very observant! :clap: One thing though.....my overall "take" on the meaning of the video was that it was a mother whose son was sick (we don't know why) and she takes him out of the hospital and drives around with him in the car, driving around from place to place, not quite sure what to do, all the while remembering happier times. Eventually she ends up at a little motel and lays him on the bed - perhaps to allow him to die with her rather than in a hospital? I dunno....that was my overall impression. I took the "going backwards" as literal I guess. As for what this has to do with Caylee, I am not sure on that. Since we don't seem to have evidence that she was watching this specific video around the time Caylee disappeared, then I don't see how it's relevant, JMO. I do think it's interesting though, some of the same themes seem to be involved (mother and sick/dying child, park, car). What a sad video though, it truly made me feel ill watching it and listening to that song. :(

Also forgot to mention that the song really does not say anything about the video matter. You could take that song and put it to any imagry or ideas at all, so unless this particular video WAS somehow directly attached to Casey, I definitely would not say it's any insight into her thinking or what has happened. Otherwise, we just apparently have a picture of an album by Modest Mouse somewhere... Even if the song was found in her files, I wouldn't bet she'd seen the video. Again, I have hundreds of songs on my MP3 player, and yet I probably have only seen 3 videos by any of the artists or even directly of the songs.

I would have to agree with AG on this one. Casey was into band art and may not have ever listened to that band or the song.

We can find things which are probably disturbing in many ways to a lot of us on any 20-something's computer or myspace. I am sure when I was in my early 20s, my mom would have freaked out listening to the music I liked which by today's standards are very tame.

What is truly scary today, at least to me, is Death Metal. Now that would bother me if Casey had it all over her computer and on her Ipod!

:)

What is truly scary today, at least to me, is Death Metal. Now that would bother me if Casey had it all over her computer and on her Ipod

My husband plays exteme metal but he is not into the real gruesome stuff...

He plays Thrash Meatal and speed metal...We have over 700 CD's in MP3 form on our computer of that genre..

:)

Hey now...most who listen to that are normal people...

My husband plays that genre of music...normal guy..

We have over 700 CD's in MP3 form of that genre..well along with Thrash/Speed and regular Heavy Metal.

But I suppose if you have a screwed up mind already the lyrics could make one "do things"
Really? Wow! We were digging into it on another case and OMG! Normal people listen to that?! What I heard was about killing people and eating their flesh type stuff. Scared the bejezzus outta me! :eek:

Really? Wow! We were digging into it on another case and OMG! Normal people listen to that?! What I heard was about killing people and eating their flesh type stuff. Scared the bejezzus outta me! :eek:

Yeah...I just thought of that..you mean the bands like Cannibal Corpse and the more gruesome lyrics..he does not listen to that...I need to edit my post..

Though he does like to play Slayer..but it is more for the complicated guitar riffs than the lyrics themselves...LOL

I guess, but to me it looked like the video of a mother who would do anything to have her child back. Casey doesn't seem to give a rat's...foot. :)

But I see what you're getting at, I guess. I don't personally feel it really ties in. If she had the video on her computer somewhere prominent, then maybe.

Thanks, Princess, for explaining it.

That video was so sad.

I don't think the image of a grieving mother fits KC at all.

I dont agree with the idea that any of the band material on her pc has anything to do with anything. Im a total Slayer, Marilyn Manson, The Misfits, etc fan (also like Modest Mouse) and love speed/thrash metal... have tons of band art & lyrics on my pc, I certainly would never kill anyone or harm my child in any way.

Very seldom in my life have I ever been
S P E A C H L E S S ! ! !
My heart is just
breaking !
jjgram

I see, image #21 of the picture link you provided shows a picture that says the Band Modest Mouse name...

So you are thinking this video might be something she related too..

You might want to direct people to the image # 21 so as to not confuse some of us... LOL

I see what you are saying..who knows with KC what she was thinking..

The most disturbing photos in my opinion from that link are number 9 and number 41.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-evidence-092608,0,741736.photogallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak