NV NV - Lorree Keator-Dennis, 19, Las Vegas, 22 July 1984

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a new "no-photo" NamUs MP casefile added today for Lori Lee Dennis (19) of Las Vegas NV, last seen on July 22, 1984.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13546/3

Looking up her name in Ancestry.com, I found that her maiden name was Keator, and she was married on 18-Jun-1983 to a C.L. Dennis. I did some further digging and found that her marriage was dissolved on 16-Jul-1984 (i.e., six days prior to her disappearance)

I went to Classmates.com and browsed through the 1983 high school yearbooks for schools in Las Vegas. I found her photo in the 1983 Rancho High School yearbook.

2304736880045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Her vital stats are as follows:
Height: 53 to 54 inches - I believe that they meant 5'3" to 5'4" (or 63-64 inches), as 4'5" to 4'6" is extremely short for an adult woman.
Weight: 95 - 100 lbs
Hair: Red/Auburn
Eyes: Brown
Scars: Right Knee
Other Characteristics: Freckles
Clothing/Accessories: Brittania Pants, Beige Sweater, Beige Trenchcoat, Nike "Joggers" Sneakers, Large Maroon Shoulder Bag

Nothing is entered in the "Circumstances" section of NamUs regarding the circumstances of her disappearance. However, in the "Transportation Methods" section it indicates the following:

The M/P was a passenger in a 1970 Ford Station Wagon. The station wagon and the male driver were located at the scene. The M/P is still missing.

This is quite strange. Although not stated, it appears that they are saying that the 1970 Ford was involved in an accident. It also doesn't indicate who the male driver was or whether he died at the scene. But whatever the case, this is awfully strange that this occurred six days after the dissolution of her marriage.

Thank you Carl. I really appreciate when you find the HS photo's of the no photo MP cases. While the photo's may not be current, it is better than having no photo.

Thanks again! :yourock:

Here's her sophomore photo from the 1981 book.

LorreeLeeDennisKeator-1981SophomorePhoto_zps6f212652.jpg

Here, her first name was spelled "Lornee". No way to know if this is an error or an alternate form of her name.

Strange, cant find anything on her googling except our site.

I looked to see if CL Dennis had remarried in Nevada and could not find him /w any other marriages in Nevada. Also couldnt find him on intellus in NV or anything on social security death index.

Strange, cant find anything on her googling except our site.

I looked to see if CL Dennis had remarried in Nevada and could not find him /w any other marriages in Nevada. Also couldnt find him on intellus in NV or anything on social security death index.

CL Dennis was born in January 1962 in Jefferson County KY.

His Veromi.net info indicates that he works in the plastering, drywall and insulation industry. He has lived in Oak Harbor WA, Victorville CA, Hesperia CA, Riverside CA, Moreno Valley CA, and Desert Hot Springs CA.

He attended Rancho High School in Las Vegas, and was in the Class of 1980. His senior photo is in the 1980 yearbook, but I can't post it here or mention his full name due to Websleuths policy. I should add that the divorce registry in Ancestry.com was from California, and it listed him as a resident of Riverside County CA.

He remarried on 14-Sep-1985 in Riverside County to an 18 year old woman with the initials MMW.

On a separate note, I am puzzled by the comment in the "Transportation Methods" section of Lorree's NamUs casefile:

The M/P was a passenger in a 1970 Ford Station Wagon. The station wagon and the male driver were located at the scene. The M/P is still missing.

This could be interpreted in a number of different ways:

(1) She was involved in an accident, left the scene disoriented, and was never seen again.
(2) She was involved in an accident in a body of water, and her body was carried away by the current (if a river), or sank to the bottom (if a lake).
(3) She and the male were both victims of a homicide, and the perpetrator removed her body from the scene and left the male behind.
(4) She was the perpetrator of a homicide of a male victim, and was seen in the vehicle with the male victim prior to that.
(5) She was the victim of a homicide perpetrated by the male driver, who then disposed of her body, and later committed suicide in his vehicle.
(6) She was seen in the vehicle with the male, and the male was subsequently seen alive in the vehicle without her.

The phrase "at the scene" would seem to suggest that the vehicle was involved in some sort of incident (i.e., either the "scene" of a crime, or the "scene" of an accident), so I think that #6 is an unlikely scenario.

Apparently he is married again in 1990 (according to the wedding pic on his fb) to a D.D. and living in WA. Found his fb. Wonder what ever happened to MWD....

I agree that the comment you pointed out does indicate an accident of some sort.

I noticed on his FB page that he is a fan of the annual Langley WA murder mystery, where a fictitious murder is staged and contestants seek out clues from the local merchants.

This is not to say that this is suggestive that he is guilty of anything. But it is interesting that his real life history contains a mystery of sorts.

I did a quick Google search for Lorree Keator and it found this - http://www.fullnamedirectory.com/details/lorree-keator

which states -

LORREE L KEATOR (Age 46)
Possible Cities Resided:
LAS VEGAS, NV 89101
Possible Relatives / Associates:
BETTY L KEATOR

So I looked up Betty L Keator and found a result for MyLife.com which I do not have full access to but the Google result had this "My name is Betty L Keator. I was born in 1941. I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Before that, I lived in Las Vegas, NV from 1983 to 1992. Before that, I lived ..." and then it stops. The MyLife.com link is here - www.mylife.com/c-1363238420

Is anyone a subscriber there? I wonder if she gives any further details on that page regarding her family?

I did a quick Google search for Lorree Keator and it found this - http://www.fullnamedirectory.com/details/lorree-keator

which states -

LORREE L KEATOR (Age 46)
Possible Cities Resided:
LAS VEGAS, NV 89101
Possible Relatives / Associates:
BETTY L KEATOR

So I looked up Betty L Keator and found a result for MyLife.com which I do not have full access to but the Google result had this "My name is Betty L Keator. I was born in 1941. I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Before that, I lived in Las Vegas, NV from 1983 to 1992. Before that, I lived ..." and then it stops. The MyLife.com link is here - www.mylife.com/c-1363238420

Is anyone a subscriber there? I wonder if she gives any further details on that page regarding her family?

I found an address and DOB for Betty L Keator in Ancestry.

The trouble with this possible match is that there is no indication that Loree had ever broken her pelvis, undergone rhinoplasty, or had breast implants.

I know that the fact that something is not mentioned does not necessarily mean that it doesn't exist. But if you combine that with the distance and a two-year lag, I would say that this one is unlikely.

That's definitely not Loree Dennis, and definitely not 19 years old.

I must have been tired. I wrote it off to she had a very severe sunburn (being a redhead in Las Vegas I imagine might be sort of dangerous) and really bad lighting/film development, thinking "wow. she aged a lot since high school." :blushing:

I wonder who the photo is of (another missing person? a relative of Lorree?) and where it came from? This was one of the first times I used the Missing In website. I am so embarrassed. Sorry. :couch:

On a separate note, I am puzzled by the comment in the "Transportation Methods" section of Lorree's NamUs casefile:

This could be interpreted in a number of different ways:

(1) She was involved in an accident, left the scene disoriented, and was never seen again.
(2) She was involved in an accident in a body of water, and her body was carried away by the current (if a river), or sank to the bottom (if a lake).
(3) She and the male were both victims of a homicide, and the perpetrator removed her body from the scene and left the male behind.
(4) She was the perpetrator of a homicide of a male victim, and was seen in the vehicle with the male victim prior to that.
(5) She was the victim of a homicide perpetrated by the male driver, who then disposed of her body, and later committed suicide in his vehicle.
(6) She was seen in the vehicle with the male, and the male was subsequently seen alive in the vehicle without her.

The phrase "at the scene" would seem to suggest that the vehicle was involved in some sort of incident (i.e., either the "scene" of a crime, or the "scene" of an accident), so I think that #6 is an unlikely scenario.

I just got done speaking with a LE contact, and got more info on Lorree Keator Dennis.

Her DOB is 04-Mar-1965.

The circumstances of her disappearance correspond to my option #2:

Lorree and a friend named Steven Jack House (33) were caught in their vehicle during a storm trying to cross high water near the corner of East Washington Avenue and Lamb Blvd in Las Vegas. Both were swept away by the current.

Steven House's body was recovered, but Lorree's body was never found.

Here's a July 24, 1984 Associated Press article (copied from the Augusta Chronicle - Augusta GA) about the incident. The article references a "woman and a young girl" who were seen in the car, one of whom was Lorree Dennis, although her identity wasn't known at the time of the article.

LorreeDennisDisappearanceArticle_zpsa7b74d56.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back