SMITHS sighting NOW TAKEN seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was she lying? We know the man exists, he's been traced.

Trace all the versions of her story and you will see. The direction the man headed to was changing, the details about his looks... We heard about a swarthy foreigner, then we heard that the man looked like Murat (who is not swarthy at all) and headed toward Murat's house, when at first she stated he went the opposite way... Basically she saw a man with multiple faces and looks, heading in two directions at once. I know that the human memory is fallible, but these were not mistakes, too many of them and too... well, opposite, too contrast for that.

And did you hear all these different versions in police reports or tabloid reports? Because the latter aren't exactly reliable.

Trace all the versions of her story and you will see. The direction the man headed to was changing, the details about his looks... We heard about a swarthy foreigner, then we heard that the man looked like Murat (who is not swarthy at all) and headed toward Murat's house, when at first she stated he went the opposite way... Basically she saw a man with multiple faces and looks, heading in two directions at once. I know that the human memory is fallible, but these were not mistakes, too many of them and too... well, opposite, too contrast for that.

She actually positively identified the man as Robert Murat...to the police, officially.

:banghead:

As far as confirming her story, exactly how much of it was confirmed?

The timing? Or just the presence of a man taking his daughter home sometime that night?

The reason I ask is that the PJ were all over those crèche records, and never once suspected Tanner saw a parent - or if they suspected it, they ruled it out.

:dunno:

The time was confirmed, as was the place. According to the SY officer interviewed on CW anyway.

Tanner's sighting in which she "knew" it was Madeleine and where she swore it was Murat has been discredited!

"Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24528530

Yep . Question is how come PJ didn't pick this up at the time. What else did they miss. Pretty basic stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Yep . Question is how come PJ didn't pick this up at the time. What else did they miss. Pretty basic stuff

I think they picked up more than we think but if you have someone on the phone to the British Prime Minister when you are searching for his disappeared daughter it causes problems. The McCanns haven't been exactly helpful in the investigation have they?

Tanner's sighting in which she "knew" it was Madeleine and where she swore it was Murat has been discredited!

"Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche."

Quote from the link above:

Officers said a man seen carrying a child by the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner at 9.15pm was now believed to be an innocent British holiday maker collecting his two-year-old daughter from a nearby creche.

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood said: "Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of 3 May has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine's abductor.

Almost certain. Now I would love to know how well they confirmed it, especially the time. Because we still have that teeny weeny bit of a problem with Jeremy Wilkins and Gerry McCann himself, who were on the street at the time Jane allegedly saw the man with the child, and they saw noone. And with the girl, smoking on a balcony, who saw Jeremy and McCann, but not Jane, nor anybody else.

So I suppose police found the man who actually was carrying his child on this street, but, well, the times do not stick together, that's why Mr. Redwood said "almost".

The case wasn't straight forward. But you would have thought all holiday makers would have been traced and interviewed.you know find out where they were at specific times . Police work sort of stuff

Quote from the link above:

Almost certain. Now I would love to know how well they confirmed it, especially the time. Because we still have that teeny weeny bit of a problem with Jeremy Wilkins and Gerry McCann himself, who were on the street at the time Jane allegedly saw the man with the child, and they saw noone. And with the girl, smoking on a balcony, who saw Jeremy and McCann, but not Jane, nor anybody else.

So I suppose police found the man who actually was carrying his child on this street, but, well, the times do not stick together, that's why Mr. Redwood said "almost".

It might be interesting to know what the man JT saw saw. (But perhaps he wasn't paying much attention. )

I don't think the Smith sighting was ever not taken seriously only that the police had ruled out it was Gerry. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Still seeing lots of misinformation regarding the Smith sighting. Sick of posting the same information from the police files over and over again.

If people read Martin Smith's statement you would see that he didn't swear it was Gerry he said he was 60-80% sure. He did not say at any time that he was 100% sure it was Gerry (baring in mind he didn't see his face). He himself says he could be 20-40% wrong. Only his wife agreed. 2 other people in the group didn't believe it was Gerry.

I'm sure Redwood said on crime watch that it was the Smith family who had provided the e-fit. Seeing as Martin Smith did not see the mans face we can assume that the 2 people in the Smith party who didn't believe it was Gerry are the 2 people that actually saw this mans face and gave the e-fit.

That makes perfect sense if the "abductor" is Gerry. What's so strange about dad carrying his daughter, right? No one knew her condition

Gerry at 10 was reported with the 9 at dinner and Kate who found her missing. It could not of been Gerry. Especially at that time. I need to find the article but when They saw a picture of Gerry coming off a plane with one of twins one of the smiths said yeah that's how this suspect was holding her. So I think it turned into Gerry is the guy!!

That makes perfect sense if the "abductor" is Gerry. What's so strange about dad carrying his daughter, right? No one knew her condition

Gerry at 10 was reported with the 9 at dinner and Kate who found her missing. It could not of been Gerry. Especially at that time. I need to find the article but when They saw a picture of Gerry coming off a plane with one of twins one of the smiths said yeah that's how this suspect was holding her. So I think it turned into Gerry is the guy!!

The timeline was actually somewhat fluid, with a minute or five here and there which might not be perfectly estimated or reported. It would certainly have been possible for Gerry to slip away on the pretense of looking for Madeleine and then to be in a place to encounter the Smiths.

I would imagine it was fairly chaotic from 10 until the police were rung for at 10:40, and it's unlikely that all of the Tapas group sat in the McCann apartment looking at each other. Some may have been out looking- and some were almost certainly tending to- or protecting- their own small children. I don't know what happened, but there has been a certain amount of withholding of information by all the Tapas group.

Actually surprised she clocked Murat as his double is David Payne who was in the group. Specially the second photo...

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm

Just on a different note, its so odd to me that parents are seen carrying their children around at 9.15pm in very early May in Portugal just wearing thin pyjamas crikey its cold at night wouldnt you cover them up?

The average is around 13c. It was that in England where i am during the day and i was really cold, wearing a jumper and coat.

Also didnt it rain a bit as well which would make it damp and cold.

Even this guy moving his child from the creche was not covered up and was sound asleep in the freezing cold air, kind of throws out drugged scenario doesnt it ..... or did it actually happen like that sigh.....

The direction hasn't changed. It has been reported the traced man was taking his daughter TO the crèche, not from the crèche.
SY has done what Amaral hasn't done, they found this person.
I find it unforgivable for Amaral's team to not to solve such simple task, interview the parents who used crèche that night. This was infront of Amaral's nose. He could have done it back then.
Another thing is that there is a CCTV camera near the Smiths sighting. Why on earth Amaral's team never looked at this camera??
Instead he wrote a book! Give me a break !

It has been reported the traced man was taking his daughter TO the crèche, not from the crèche.

Could you give a source for that statement, please. Many things have been "reported" about this case that are not facts.

Could you give a source for that statement, please. Many things have been "reported" about this case that are not facts.

In an earlier interview on the BBC program "Crimewatch," DCI Redwood said the resort where the McCanns were staying on vacation had a nighttime child-care center where eight families that week were boarding 11 children. He said investigators had tracked down the families — one of which told them that they believed they were seen taking their daughter to the child-care center for the night

http://www.newser.com/story/175916/new-name-surfaces-in-madeleine-mccann-case.html

In an earlier interview on the BBC program "Crimewatch," DCI Redwood said the resort where the McCanns were staying on vacation had a nighttime child-care center where eight families that week were boarding 11 children. He said investigators had tracked down the families — one of which told them that they believed they were seen taking their daughter to the child-care center for the night

http://www.newser.com/story/175916/new-name-surfaces-in-madeleine-mccann-case.html

They said he had picked up his daughter at the night crèche, located at the main reception.

There were several crèches at the Ocean Club according to age groups. In an interview with Catriona Baker, a nanny, she explains it:

"The age requirements of the various clubs are 3-11 months (baby Club), 12-23 months (Toddler Club), 24 months to 3 years (Toddler 2 Club), 3 to 5 years of age (Mini Club), 6 years to 9 years of age (Juniors Club), 10 years to 15 years of age (Kids Club) and from 14 to 17 years of age (Indies Club).

The Baby Club and the Mini Club are situated directly on top of the 24-hour reception. The Toddler Club is located close to the tapas Bar and the others close to the "Millenium" Restaurant."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAT_BAKER.htm

I don't see anything relevant in that link, but from one of the links contained within it is this from the Independent

Police are focusing on the man in the e-fit after ruling out another person of interest – a dark-haired man spotted walking away from the apartment with a child at around 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.

That man – who had been a focus of police inquiries for years – has been identified as an innocent British holidaymaker who had been collecting his own daughter from a crèche at the resort.

Best to go back to the programme and listen to what DCI Redwood actually said, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288