Jury Finds Kerry Kennedy Not Guilty In Drugged-Driving Trial

I knew this was hoing to be the outcome. The Kennedys once again prevailed. Its sickening. :banghead:

That poor guy. Idk he lost his job.

Completely disgusted! But hey, it is the Kennedy Family tradition, drinking, drugging, driving and denial.

I knew this was hoing to be the outcome. The Kennedys once again prevailed. Its sickening. :banghead:

That poor guy. Idk he lost his job.
Yeah, he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident:

Mr. Scuiletti said Friday that he had no idea that the driver who had sideswiped his truck was a member of the Kennedy family. He said he was surprised when he saw news reports the next day.

He was even more surprised to be charged with leaving an accident scene.

“As soon as I had a safe opportunity to pull over, I did; I inspected my tractor,” Mr. Scuiletti said Friday. “There was no damage — not even paint exchange — and the person who bounced off of me was long gone. I just continued on my way. I didn’t know what to report.”

Mr. Scuiletti said the trucking company he was driving for fired him after the accident. He declined to give the name of the company, which is based in Massachusetts.

“I think they just wanted to wash their hands of the whole incident, so they did,” he said. “I can’t say I blame them, but I was still out of a job.”

He has since found a new job as a truck driver with a company in New York, but said he was fighting the traffic violation because he did not want it to affect his commercial trucker’s license.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/n...in-kerry-kennedy-crash-pleads-not-guilty.html

Maybe the jury was tired of Kennedy haters. :(

I think she was treated more harshly than someone you've never heard of would have been treated. Ambien is dangerous, and people need to know that.

Maybe the jury was tired of Kennedy haters. :(

I think she was treated more harshly than someone you've never heard of would have been treated. Ambien is dangerous, and people need to know that.

I've used Ambien for years without any problems, but I would never be dumb enough to drive after taking one - accidental dose or not. I think people just have to be more responsible with things like that. If she can't keep her medications straight, maybe she should have someone monitor them for her. MOO

Accident? Umm....sure....

I don't really see what difference it makes if she took it on purpose, or "accidently"....she was still impaired and driving, that makes her responsible.

Even if she took it "accidently", she would still have known that she was impaired and not fit to drive. But she chose to continue anyway, and for that reason she should have been convicted.

I think this case was ridiculous from the start. That the truck driver was fired, Is not Kennedy's fault but the fault of an employer who either did not look at the facts, or was looking for an excuse to fire someone and that was it.

She took an ambien. Not an oxy, not xanax, An ambien. I am tired of the headlines of " Kennedy's drug trial"

There is no reason for her to be found guilty.

You don't always know you are impaired when you are. I took some Antivert and I did not realize I was impaired until my mother pointed it out.

I just felt a little tired. Nothing more.

I think that people want to hate powerful well off families. If her name was Joanne smith, It never would have been a big deal.

Just because a family member may have issues does not mean the lot does.

I've used Ambien for years without any problems, but I would never be dumb enough to drive after taking one - accidental dose or not. I think people just have to be more responsible with things like that. If she can't keep her medications straight, maybe she should have someone monitor them for her. MOO

Ambien is an hypnotic and you can do things (like drive) after you've taken it and have no knowledge of what you're doing and no recollection of having done it, whatsoever. It's dangerous for some people and, if you're like me, you'll be skeptical of that until it happens to you lol. One night I took it before I had actually gotten into bed and I ended up doing a couple of things that I had no recollection of doing, even after I discovered that I had. One of them was a fairly complicated work-related correspondence. That was the last time I ever took it because it really freaked me out.

Idk if they tested her and proved that she'd actually taken ambien, but if she did, it's definitely possible to drive without doing so on purpose.

Ambien is an hypnotic and you can do things (like drive) after you've taken it and have no knowledge of what you're doing and no recollection of having done it, whatsoever. It's dangerous for some people and, if you're like me, you'll be skeptical of that until it happens to you lol. One night I took it before I had actually gotten into bed and I ended up doing a couple of things that I had no recollection of doing, even after I discovered that I had. One of them was a fairly complicated work-related correspondence. That was the last time I ever took it because it really freaked me out.

Idk if they tested her and proved that she'd actually taken ambien, but if she did, it's definitely possible to drive without doing so on purpose.

Yup. I had a roommate take one in college (prescribed by her doc, yes), and she ended up eating half the kitchen, including a whole cake. She had no consciousness of doing so.

The only reason this case went to trial was because the prosecutors didn't want to look soft or like they were letting a famous person off the hook. This is the type of case that would settle quickly here. We just did one similar for my firm, worked it all out - case closed a week after the accident. Driver didn't get off scot free of course, but it was clearly an accident due to medication having a side effect, so the prosecutor wasn't going to make a big deal over it. Anyone who thinks this woman got off for being a Kennedy must not be too familiar with run of the mill OVIs and how they're usually treated for first time offenders.

I just felt a little tired. Nothing more.

Getting behind a wheel when one is "feeling a little tired" IMO is criminal, because someone else may pay the price for your lack of attention. There is responsibility that comes with driving, and if someone is not fully alert they should not be on the road.

Based on her behaviour and apparent obliviousness, there is no way she could have thought everything was normal. Coming up with an "accident" excuse, why should we believe her? The facts are that she was driving under the influence, and if there was some mitigating circumstance, the onus is on her to PROVE that, not just say "oh, it was not intentional".

Getting behind a wheel when one is "feeling a little tired" IMO is criminal, because someone else may pay the price for your lack of attention. There is responsibility that comes with driving, and if someone is not fully alert they should not be on the road.

Based on her behaviour and apparent obliviousness, there is no way she could have thought everything was normal. Coming up with an "accident" excuse, why should we believe her? The facts are that she was driving under the influence, and if there was some mitigating circumstance, the onus is on her to PROVE that, not just say "oh, it was not intentional".

Sorry. As mom who is older I'm always tired. Always. I believe her because it was ambien. If it was Xanax maybe not so much. But ambien. No one would take that on purpose in the am.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

On being tired and driving:

My DH bought me a new luxury car for our 25th anniversary. One day I got up at 4:30 to drive several hours away. I started yawning, and I was thinking I was soooo tired and could probably use some coffee, when my car alarmed, and a message popped up on my screen:

"Attention Alert: take a break!" With a little coffee cup icon next to it!

I started looking around, wondering if I was on a hidden camera show. Apparently, my car can determine if you are sleepy, based on things like how you are driving, time of day, and length of trip.

Who knew?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back