Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - really rough overview - don't shoot me for generalisations :)

Personality disorders (APD, NPD, BPD etc) are considered quite separate from clinical illnesses (eg depression/bipolar/anorexia).

Clinical Illnesses (Axis 1) can happen at any time, in response to life events, or just organically, and can be treated with medication and therapy. And yes, having a marked difference between your inner self and public face is a good way to drive yourself nuts.

Personality disorders (Axis 2) are established by teens/early adulthood, and are long-lasting and incurable (but some are manageable with therapy, but not medication). That's why they're considered disorders of personality, not illnesses as such.
Personality disorders are best described as "people to avoid".

Then there's also acquired brain injuries etc in Axis 3.

So someone with a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness at any time (eg major depression) and many do.
And someone without a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness

But a non-disordered person doesn't develop a personality disorder later in life
(apart from Acquired situational narcissism which = turning into an twat after suddenly becoming famous)

YOU CRACK ME UP!

What do you do in real life? Double act with Keyboredom, who apparently is not Maverick.au?

After reading the document about police interviews, etc., I am now wondering how come the ex-colleague female friend agreed to have been interviewed 3 times before engaging a lawyer! Hmmm ... can't make sense of this!

I'd speculate that she wanted to ensure she was not implicated in any crime... I'm sure the QPS have a lovely dossier on GBC by now.

I think Mods are having a party ... page 48 and we have not been asked to pack up and move to a new thread!! Yippeee!!

Again - how do some of these defenders sleep at night?

I couldn't do it - I'd have to be a prosecutor.

Totally agree with you 'how do they sleep at night'

kind of sort of the old argument when they once could use death as a sentence....

'Do you have any doubt in your mind that this man did this murder'? 'if you are 100% sure he did do it - remember you are about to send this man to death'!

Now, maybe we do imprison more people as nowadays we are only sending them to prison for wot 20 years...GBC will be out by the time he is 60 odd?....so my point is....is it easier to send someone to 20 years jail rather than death?

Idk...its such a horrible horrible field of work and thank God there are people out there who put their hand up to prosecute, defend and work with these people - cos no way would I want to....

I think Mods are having a party ... page 48 and we have not been asked to pack up and move to a new thread!! Yippeee!!
Its a beautiful day here in the states....gorgeous sunshine...Im about to have breaky and get out in that sun....(had a vitamin D deficiency since migrating from Brissy) Ide say California is sparkling!

I'll be moving the posts made after the 48th minute on the hour to the new thread. If I move any of the others, they will be out of sequence, so they have to remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa