Josh Powell Burial

Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor and Detective Ed Troyer, who heads the anti-crime organization Crimestoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County, responded by buying the two plots on either side of the boys to make sure Josh Powell didn't wind up there. The cost is being paid by Crimestoppers, other organizations and private donations.

Read more: Josh Powell's family wants burial near slain boys - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19970671#ixzz1mXEykDco

There are some good people out there, I am glad to see.

I think the point is that, as a municipal cemetery that does not already have any rules for exclusion, they *can't* be selective in sales. They have to sell to anyone who can buy a plot.

I imagine it will have to be settled in court. I'm guessing a court would probably say that JP may be buried in the same cemetery but not within sight of the boys' grave.

I think the Crimestoppers solution was inspired.

I agree, it should be out of sight when the Cox family visit the boys' grave and should also not even visible to them on their trip to the grave.

What a mess. I agree that any place Josh is buried will have to consider vandalism and plan accordingly. I think that a restraining order to prevent Josh from being buried near his sons is a waste of energy, although I completely get the principal behind it.

They are dead. They are not going to care. War is being waged on dead bodies here.

The Cox family shouldn't have to experience pain every time they have to walk by that monster's grave just to get to "visit" their grandkids. I don't think JP should be allowed to ruin the Coxes visitation for the rest of eternity.

How does this keep happening? Just when I think this case can't get any worse, something happens to prove me wrong. This is just absolutely disgusting. These people are worse than the Anthonys.

first thing that came to my mind......

altho he was placed in a tomb by those who loved him, Jesus burial place was guarded by the roman soldiers, only to have the Heavenly Angels roll the stone away and remove his body, that no longer housed his spirit.

I think its very important. Just because the spirit is no longer in the body does in no way suggest that burial of the dead is insignificant and unimportant to the eternal spirit, whoevers eternal spirit that may be.

(Adding to my post)
Wow.....im in no way connecting the two police officers who purchased the plots and the roman soldiers who guarded Jesus tomb in any manner. After posting this and then reading about the two cops purchasing to plots to protect charlie and braden i felt real strange about what i posted about the roman soldiers. I am very glad they did purchase those plots and i think i just read about powell family wanting to bury josh 25 feet away and looking toward the boys, well the first thoughts of this for me is josh is wanting to be above them and control the boys. He needs to be far away in my opinion.

just my thoughts....

RIP susan...charlie....braden

I agree, it should be out of sight when the Cox family visit the boys' grave and should also not even visible to them on their trip to the grave.

Well, that was just my speculation as to what a court might rule. I think it would be the fairest *legal* solution, since I can't think of any argument for not selling the Powell family some plot in a municipal facility.

I wonder if the Cox family will decide to move the boys to a private cemetery (if there are any), with rules that would allow for excluding Josh Powell's memorial. It is galling to think that after all their suffering, they might have to do this but it may be the most expedient solution.

first thing that came to my mind......

altho he was placed in a tomb by those who loved him, Jesus burial place was guarded by the roman soldiers, only to have the Heavenly Angels roll the stone away and remove his body, that no longer housed his spirit.

I think its very important. Just because the spirit is no longer in the body does in no way suggest that burial of the dead is insignificant and unimportant to the eternal spirit, whoevers eternal spirit that may be.

just my thoughts....

RIP susan...charlie....braden

It is a cultural thing, definitely. Other cultures feel differently about the disposition of human remains.

Since burial is apparently something important to the Cox family, I hope they can find a solution that satisfies them.

http://www.tpcrimestoppers.com/case.php?id=377

Donations are being accepted by Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County to help pay for the memorial site for Charlie and Braden Powell at the Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, WA. Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County has purchased the plots surrounding Charlie and Braden Powell's place of rest to create a memorial site for the boys. Please send your check or cash donation to Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County at 6824 19th St. W. #139 in University Place, WA 98466. Any donations received over the cost of the memorial site will go toward beautification of the site and toward supporting other victims of crime in our community. Crime Stoppers is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible.

Done! I have never felt more motivated to assist. I can definitely get behind this one!

As a municipal entity, I don't think the cemetery is allowed to observe the tenets of any particular religion.

I'm a little confused. How do we know this is a "municipal" entity? I guess I'd always assumed cemetery's were privately owned and like any "retailer" could refuse their services to whomever they chose. I never thought or considered cemeteries were governed by something similiar to say fair housing laws (for a lack of another example to use).

I'm not trying to be snarky. I honestly don't know.....

I'm a little confused. How do we know this is a "municipal" entity? I guess I'd always assumed cemetery's were privately owned and as any "retailer" could refuse their services to whomever they chose. I never thought or considered cemeteries were governed by something similiar to say fair housing laws (for a lack of another example to use).

I'm not trying to be snarky. I honestly don't know.....

There are both privately and publicly owned cemeteries. The one where Charlie and Braden is buried is public:

http://www.cityofpuyallup.org/services/cemetery/

I know! Don't cha just tove this! :great:

Two Washington state cops have purchased plots next to Josh Powell's young sons to prevent family members from burying him next to the boys he killed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/josh-powells-family-wants-him-buried-near-sons/#ixzz1mYJDovpx

Amazing!! I had just read this as well:
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...-powell-can-t-be-buried-next-to-his-sons?bn=1

Totally made my day!

JP should not even be allowed in the same cemetary.

When graves sites are purchased, one gets a deed, it is property. Often in the newspaper people have ads where they want to sell 2 or more graves sites - because it is property they own. There are certain parts of the cemetery that were sold with the provision that only one person would be interred per grave, other parts set up for couples, some set up for cremains only, some you can buy as few or as many spaces as you want.

I doubt there is anything that can prevent this murderer from being buried there and we know we can't count on good taste from his family.

Lack of empathy for others seems to be a character trait of the P clan in WA. (I am not saying all of the Powell's, just SP's clan) Ugh, they remind me of that Phelps cult clan with WBC. MOO. I was hoping that the P's would have a quiet ceremony and have JP cremated since he decided to straddle a gas can and go out with a bang while murdering Charlie and Braden too.

Tacky, tacky, tacky behavior by the P's! And not only tacky, but mentally and emotionally abusive toward the Coxes.

I agree w/ GrainneDhu that if JP's buried at the the top of that hill overlooking the boys, I would simply have them relocated to a different spot or a different cemetary. (if I could afford it, as I know it would be costly.) IMO

I am still aghast at the gall of the P's. Do they not consider the risk to his grave they are taking by burying him there where everyone knows his remains lie? Have they considered that his grave could be defaced? There are people out there who would do such a thing due to the shock and emotion of a father who uses a hatchet on his sons before he explodes the house!

I hope the cemetary considers the possible risk of JP being buried there too. Realistically, they may want to consider hiring extra security for a 'cooling off period'. JP is the most hated man in America right now, posthumously.

This is all Moo. Thanks for listening.

wm

Wondering if some of you local posters know anything about the Woodlawn Abbey Cemetery in Puyallup? From my Google search, it appears to be the town's only private cemetery.

Perhaps the donations could go towards helping the Coxes move the boys there instead. Just a thought...

WOW. I did not realize that they wanted JP buried so close to Braden and Charlie. 25 feet??!!?? I was thinking it would be in the same cemetery, but maybe in a dark corner somewhere far from them, perhaps behind a tree or something. The gall of the Powell family is appalling. I agree with what a few others have mentioned.. they are worse than the Anthony's. They refuse to acknowledge that those boys were victims at the hands of their own father and won't give them dignity even in death. Disgusting.

Lack of empathy for others seems to be a character trait of the P clan in WA. (I am not saying all of the Powell's, just SP's clan) Ugh, they remind me of that Phelps cult clan with WBC. MOO. I was hoping that the P's would have a quiet ceremony and have JP cremated since he decided to staddle a gas can and go out with a bang while murdering Charlie and Braden too. But then this bunch would probably decide to scatter his ashes on the boys' grave as I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. Tacky, tacky, tacky behavior! And not only tacky, but mentally and emotionally abusive toward the Coxes.

I agree w/ GrainneDhu that if JP's buried at the the top of that hill overlooking the boys, I would simply have them relocated to a different spot or a different cemetary. (if I could afford it, as I know it would be costly.) If the P's then have JP's remains moved close to the boys, well that is pure harassment, IMO

I am still aghast at the gall of the P's. Do they not consider the risk to his grave they are taking by burying him there where everyone knows his remains lie? Have they considered that his grave could be defaced,<modsnip>? There are people out there who would do such a thing due to the shock and emotion of a father who uses a hatchet on his sons before he explodes the house!

I hope the cemetary considers the possible risk of JP being buried there too. Realistically, they may want to consider hiring extra security for a 'cooling off period'. JP is the most hated man in America right now, posthumously.

This is all Moo. Thanks for listening.

wm

I fully agree, well said. I'll add, I don't think there would be any problem with the expense of reburial if it came to that. I'm certain donations would pour in so quickly there would be an excess of funds which could be used in other ways to remember the boys.

I am feeling sorry for the people who have bought plots for their selves that will be around jp. Because we all know what people will do around his grave.
I would not want my loved one's grave next to his.
The family should keep this as low keyed as they can.......
maybe take his cremated remains 'camping'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back