Penn State Sandusky-Report of the Special Investigative Counsel

re: penn state officials press conference:

really?

I think out of respect for all the victims they should at least give the latest a little time to sink in before starting more damage control

Joe Paterno's family is suffering from the same disorder as Paterno himself. They are in OZ and still believe in the wizard.

In their effort to protect Paterno's legacy they are continuing to deny the egregious behavior of Paterno, Spanier, Schultz and Curley and it becomes apparent they believe they can control Paterno's legacy - just like Paterno believed he could hide Sandusky in plain sight and allow him to continue his criminal abuse of young boys.

Their willingness to continue the verbal discourse ie 'sharing' the responsibility is vile and disgusting....apparently they, Paterno's family, still believe they have power.

To this end Jay Paterno will react after the 3 30PM Penn State News Conference.

Bumped
Aargh! Have downloaded the report (thanks for the link) and seached for two names- dranov and raykovitz-
Nothing.
It appears that Freeh confined his report tightly within Penn State .
I'm disappointed that nothing is said about the responsibilities of these men.
OTT, its a great report.

re: penn state officials press conference:

really?

I think out of respect for all the victims they should at least give the latest a little time to sink in before starting more damage control

This oughta be good: Wash. Rinse. Spin, spin, spin...

OT: Nurse, did you hear about the bomb threat at the Detroit/Windsor tunnel? It's been evacuated during an investigation.

Just to say I finally got into the report and still reading and seeing the same as everybody here....damning, damning, damning on Paterno...just what I and others thought:

Spanier and Paterno, as well as former university vice president Gary Schultz and ex-athletic director Tim Curley, failed to protect victims from Sandusky, the report found. "Some coaches, administrators and football program staff members ignored the red flags of Sandusky's behaviors and no one warned the public about him," the report says.

The probe's leader, former FBI Director Louis Freeh, also said Thursday that Curley consulted with Paterno following sex abuse allegations against Sandusky, and "they changed the plan and decided not to make a report to the authorities."

That's it for me....TAKE DOWN THE STATUE!!!

CNN is posting a good report on it as they read it also:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/12...sed/?hpt=hp_t1

Curley and Schultz's lawyers will have a field day saying that after the Freeh report that they will NOT be able to receive a fair trial.

The Board at Penn State needs time to reflect - IMO they need time to gage public opinion and donation levels before they decide on how to react.

Not getting a lot of confidence from the board members speaking that once the spotlight goes away that it won't be business as usual.

Not seeing anything of value in this press conference.

Does anybody have a link to a copy of the report where you can 'copy&paste'?
I tried to convert it but can't since it has a password. TIA

Besides all of the bombshells about the 4 principal actors (they just were acting concerned about children), the next thing that floored me was how Spanier and BALDWIN lied by omission and downplayed the 2001 report to the previous Board of Trustees. Of course, the 1998 report was not mentioned to the BOT either...so they had no history or facts to go on...no wonder their statements seemed a little off, plus Spanier changing them to cover his butt more.

I still say as president of the school, he had the ultimate responsibility for deciding how both reports were handled, no matter the power anyone else had. He should be right beside Curley and Schultz in court on charges.

I get it now the Paterno foundation can be sued by the victims in civil court. Follow the money!

July 12, 2012, 1:09 pm

Freeh Report: Did Joe Paterno conceal the abuse?
Louis Freeh on if Joe Paterno used his power as head football coach to concealed reports of the rapes. 07/12/12

After Jerry Sandusky was initially arrested, Joe Paterno issued a statement. In it, the former Penn State head coach said he wished “he had done more” to prevent what happened. Now we know he could have done more, quite a bit more, but knowingly failed to do so.

In November, Penn State’s Board of Trustees empowered Former FBI director Louis Freeh and his law firm to conduct an independent investigation concerning the university’s involvement with, knowledge of, and culpability stemming from Sandusky’s criminal sexual activities. (Sandusky was recently convicted on 45 of 48 counts and is awaiting sentencing.) You can read the full findings here. The report is beyond damning – for the university, its most powerful leaders, its carefully crafted and once-pristine image, and particularly Paterno.

http://www.csnphilly.com/xfinity/No...39220&feedID=704&awid=7162790296513867767-689

JP's legacy is a joke since he was never man enough to have deserved it in the first place. Small pathetic (unusual person).

Interesting that Wendell Courtney, the counsel for both PSU and 2nd Mile, declined to be interviewed by the Freeh Group under the advice of his legal counsel.

I sure hope the legal process doesn't rest with the conviction of Sandusky and the upcoming trials for Curley and Schultz. There are many others who have much to answer for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back