LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BW apparently saw her leave on her bike but noone else has come forward saying they have seen her since.

Her bike has not been found.

I believe TES has been called in. Searches are in progress from BW's place 100 Ryan street.

Her bike, purse, cellphone all still missing. The last time her sister spoke to her was at about 11:45 or so. They kept calling her cellphone after she didn't get home but kept getting voice mail.

(from JVM show)

Here's the map again that shows the route she would have ridden as Brettly described it:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=200373679304996314350.0004c0a627809eb85f934&gl=us&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=m&vpsrc=6&ll=30.210347,-92.037706&spn=0.048806,0.090895&z=14

Her route near the Cajun Dome is approximate because she took the bike path there.

If she did indeed take that route there would be three or four traffic cams that she could have passed, if she made it that far: Congress & Bertrand, Congress & Foreman, Congress & Guilbeau and possibly Ambassador & Congress.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Traffic_Cameras.aspx

I just heard about Mickey being missing on JVM's Show tonight ... I missed the beginning of the segment bought caught the remainder of it.

I was surprised to hear about Baton Rouge as one of the top cities for trafficking ... I still think of Baton Rouge as a "college town", but things sure have changed down here lately ... I am about 2 hours away from Lafayette via I-10 and 1 hour from Baton Rouge via I-10.

I will have to catch up on reading the previous thread later ... but a few questions if anyone can answer :

- Did anyone see Mickey riding her bike the night she went missing along the route to her home ?

- Did they find her bike ?

- Are they any searches scheduled ? Have they called in Mr. Tim Miller and TES ?

TIA !

:please: that Mickey is found soon !

Have not found her bike.

No one has mentioned seeing her.

No mention of cameras seeing her.

Bars would be closing around time she rode her bike, placing more people on the streets.

She routinely rode late at night home from friends house.

Hate to sound like a stuck record, but don't forget to add to #tags any new place or person, etc., mentioned. I only had 30 tags so when I brought them over several had to be left out - check and see if yours needs added again!

According to the NCMEC website, there are 17 missing "children" in Louisiana All runaways. Is there a way to lookup missing "adults" for the State of Louisiana?

Louisiana missing adults
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74272"]LA Missing Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just saying ahead of time, I don't think Mickey's disappearance is in any way related to the Jennings murders. The victims and locations were related in other ways that I believe would exclude Mickey. JMO

According to the NCMEC website, there are 17 missing "children" in Louisiana All runaways. Is there a way to lookup missing "adults" for the State of Louisiana?
I just went through all the links at Charley Project, looking for missing women. None showed up at all for Lafayette. I may have missed some in the parish, but I don't think so.

Maddening, the wait for information. My God - it lets us know in a very small part how Mickey's family and friends are feeling.

Because she is so petite, am praying they are keeping an eye on the pedophiles. For someone to nick the back of her bike while she's stopped may have given them time enough to harm or confuse her and pack her up swiftly.

Prayers of love and Light for Mickey, her family and friends.

Maddening, the wait for information. My God - it lets us know in a very small part how Mickey's family and friends are feeling.

The kids in town ...this has affected them drastically. Speaking with my 22 year old son this evening was so very sad ...their worldview has been indelibly altered. They feel so helpless. The banding together is wondrous to see but the waiting, the not-knowing ...he kept using the word dark. Their hometown will never be the same to them, or their carefree sense of safety.

Have not found her bike.

No one has mentioned seeing her.

No mention of cameras seeing her.

Bars would be closing around time she rode her bike, placing more people on the streets.

She routinely rode late at night home from friends house.

I know that LE tends to hold their cards pretty close to their chest, but I would think that if Mickey was seen on a camera they would pass that along to the public after a couple of days, if they were still stuck on the case. If she wasn't seen on a camera, then I don't think they would say anything, and simply would be quietly investigating closer to where she disappeared. KWIM?

LE has been very quiet. I think they are looking at things behind the scenes.

The community has to be wondering and waiting on some response from LE to feel they are safe to even let their children out to play. It's very disheartening the main media coverage is to the credit of those searching and offering rewards. Kudos to all of those who are trying to keep this in the news

There are approximately 27million human slaves in the world today, 300,000 in the U.S. alone. Slave trafficking is alive and well, yet not a lot of people know that it is still a huge issue. I've done a lot of work through my church and we've got a few people on mission trips in Thailand right now trying to get some of the girls on the right track. It's so scary and MS is beautiful, and sweet, and innocent. Poor thing. This is only my opinion, but I feel like this might be one of the likely scenarios. The ONLY positive thing about this situation, (I hate even saying that) is that she is still alive. The sooner we find her, the better. Praying for the best outcome. And very hopeful that we will find this young lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk