Darlie Routier on Death Row

They tried to make her look innocent, probably just because it makes for more dramatic TV, but then they would play a clip from her 911 call and it just sounded absurd against any innocent theories.

My favorite part is always the juror who slept through the entire testimony about her "defense" wounds. The ones she got while sleeping.

[video=youtube;fw6h5gOPygY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw6h5gOPygY[/video]

The necklace stopped the knife. The knife wound nearly hit her carotid artery.

They tried to make her look innocent, probably just because it makes for more dramatic TV, but then they would play a clip from her 911 call and it just sounded absurd against any innocent theories.

Agreed. The entire show seemed like a valentine to Darlie, and capable of leading anyone unfamiliar with all of the actual details to really doubt her guilt. However, not having heard the 911 call for a couple of years, I had forgotten just how fake she sounded. Though I had never let the silly string event pull much weight, I was again reminded of how few days after the murder it took place. It again reminded me that no mother that I know - myself included - would have been anywhere other then perhaps in bed sedated and unable to function.

Mistakes at trial doesn't mean she is innocent. The thing that stood out to me in the show about her story vs. the 911 call is how many times she says "they" for the intruder(s). Her first recollection should be her best but she didn't stick with multiple intruders for long.

There is a blog that analysis 911 calls for deceptions markers and hers are full of it. Has anyone else read it? It's really interesting. When i first heard the call she does sound distressed but her words alone portray something else. Anyone else find it a huge marker that she doesn't once mention drake? She doesn't even know if he is alive when she makes that call!?

There is a blog that analysis 911 calls for deceptions markers and hers are full of it. Has anyone else read it? It's really interesting. When i first heard the call she does sound distressed but her words alone portray something else. Anyone else find it a huge marker that she doesn't once mention drake? She doesn't even know if he is alive when she makes that call!?

Here is the link; http://.blogspot.com/2012/09/-darlie-routier-911.html

It's interesting that her terms for Devon and Damon change depending on if they are "dead" or "dying". And how accepting she is of their being dead, and how many times she says it.
That she says the killer did it "intentionally" is really creepy.

Here is the link; http://.blogspot.com/2012/09/-darlie-routier-911.html

It's interesting that her terms for Devon and Damon change depending on if they are "dead" or "dying". And how accepting she is of their being dead, and how many times she says it.
That she says the killer did it "intentionally" is really creepy.

The 911 tape says it all. The "intentional" killing (said at least twice) is totally creepy as is the obvious cover-up statement "we could've gotten the prints maybe" and the chilling question she asks of Darin, "Are they still lying there?" Where else would they be? Why is she worried about prints while her children are dying? All you have to do is listen to this tape, a diatribe of cover-up statements while she ignores her suffering children, and you will be convinced of her guilt.

I was also quite shocked at how much she has aged. Even since the last show 3 years ago

But if she ever got a re-trail, the new look would work well in her favor.

I watched the show. I thought they had a good point in that she doesn't have a motive that we know of.
Insurance on the children was small. Insurance on her was much larger. So, what was the reason for killing the children?

I watched the show. I thought they had a good point in that she doesn't have a motive that we know of.
Insurance on the children was small. Insurance on her was much larger. So, what was the reason for killing the children?

IMO she is frustrated with her life, with her husband and probably her children, and snapped. She thought about killing herself, but took those feelings out on the kids instead. I don't see why there has to be a motive in terms of life insurance or a boyfriend somewhere that doesn't want kids. It's a rage killing.

Those rambunctious kids were a big burdon to her. She was overwhelmed. She had a huge fight with her husband that night and was infuriated at the world. The family was in fiancial trouble and about to lose their house - kids are expensive and she didn't want to give up her overspending lifestyle. She was depressed. She was taking diet pills that can make you frenzied. She's a sociopath and sociopaths act impulsively with no remorse. It's all there clear as a bell. She was obviously giddy with happiness and relief at the gravesite.

I haven't followed this case super closely but close enough that I felt she was guilty. I watched the CNN show and now I'm not sure. The evidence that caused me to doubt her guilt was 1 - the sock found 75 yards away with the boys blood on it (how did that get there?) 2- the pictures of all the bruises all over her arms 3- no real motive for her to do this.

Yes I have, it's fascinating to me, very interesting. It's by Peter Hyatt.

http://.blogspot.ca/2012/09/-darlie-routier-911.html

I believe the motive to be revenge filicide. But I also believe all you have to do is follow the evidence and it ties her to the crime. She is forensically linked to the murders by the blood. Although the motive is obscure, it doesn't mean she didn't murder her children.

I believe the motive to be revenge filicide. But I also believe all you have to do is follow the evidence and it ties her to the crime. She is forensically linked to the murders by the blood. Although the motive is obscure, it doesn't mean she didn't murder her children.

Absolutely! All the forensic evidence points directly to her. There is no evidence that points to an intruder and there is no evidence that points to Darin. None. Those who try to blame others have zero evidence to back up those claims, only conspiracy theories.

We don't have to know her motive to know she did it.

I still have such a hard time with her staying on the phone rather than trying to save her kids.
Who does that?

Anyone who doubts her guilt should read or reread the transcripts of the trial.

Just curious of how many appeals Darlie has left? Does she have any left? I know the testing of the DNA was completed last year and the results were of no help to Darlie so I was wondering what is next for her? There are only 6 women on Texas death row and it appears that only one other women has been there longer than Darlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back