Trial - Ross Harris #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember who the witnesses were? I sort of remember some from the scene of the mall being asked this... But could be wrong. If that was the case, the doors were open while there. But, I am curious now.... Lol!

Not that I think it matters (MOO) because for ME, there is a huge difference between a general person walking through a lot into work not seeing the child in the car and RH being seated inches from Cooper in that smallish space. Especially given the size of RH and frankly the "presence" of your child. I am not arguing that RH should have seen Cooper as he was walking away from or even walking up to the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rear doors were not open until the CSI Shumpert opened to take photos Believe CSI Grimstead also said. I would have to pull my notes but the folks on scene is a good place to start. ;)

:floorlaugh: Sorry this made me laugh

LOL, it's true mimi - it's not like we're all so dang smart that we know more than the lawyers, the judge, the witnesses and the jury. We look at the facts and interpret them like laypeople not experts. I come here to discuss cases and render my opinion. Heck, I even enjoy arguing points with y'all. But that's all it is. At the end of the day the jury will decide guilt or innocence, not me, you or anyone else on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
RBBM, you say your not blaming the Daycare but think they should be mandated to call? JMHO that is kinda blaming them. It is no way their fault this happened.
I be ticked off if Daycare called checking up on me. They get paid regardless. Unless something was wrong or child had been sick or missing a ton of days then I could see calling. But this is not like a school. They have more to do than call and inquire. Mom or dad could be ill, or kid. Or just a Personal time off day. I do think the Teachers said when LH was going to be going to AL she would let them know.

Sorry, but IF you would get ticked off because the carer's of your child were concerned?? I wonder about that. Our schools always call a parent whenever a child isn't present, unless they had been notified they wold NOT be there. That give a heads up to a parent that just MAYBE something is amiss? And you say you'd be Pi$$'d off? be alerted ...SMH!!

There's a fine line of being private and being in control of what happens in a free society. Children, especially young innocent ones, are vulnerable..and it doesn't take long for child abduction..or child wondering off somewhere or getting into mischief with bad peer pressures.

WTHeck would you think the daycare would be checking up on YOU anyway?..They are checking up on your flippen' child..and why so defensive on that point??? Just wondering :thinking:

ROFL, unless there is a reason to call and check up on a child ages infant - 4/5 (beginning school age) there is no reason for a DAYCARE to call the parents. What if the parents work varied shifts? are they suppose to give the DAYCARE a copy of each parents schedule? We are not talking about SCHOOLS, the care givers should know where their children are. **yes schools here do the automated calls too, not sure if it starts in middle school or at elementary. But again THIS case is DAYCARE.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Sorry this made me laugh

LOL, it's true mimi - it's not like we're all so dang smart that we know more than the lawyers, the judge, the witnesses and the jury. We look at the facts and interpret them like laypeople not experts. I come here to discuss cases and render my opinion. Heck, I even enjoy arguing points with y'all. But that's all it is. At the end of the day the jury will decide guilt or innocence, not me, you or anyone else on the forum.

LOL it is true! I meant no harm it just tickled me, and your so right! :loveyou:

I think his goose was cooked yesterday with the video of him in the parking lot. I was really on the fence but yesterday really brought it home. Also the video of travel between CFA and HD. Too short for him to fall asleep or for JRH to forget him. Wonder what he was doing for those 30 seconds before walking away. Saying goodbye? Saying sorry?

My rear windows are tinted and no one can see anything in the back when they walk by.

Who looks into other cars when they are walking through a parking lot? I don't. I'm focused on where I'm going and what I'm going to do---not what's in the cars that I walk by.

I think it is silly for the defense to focus on random passers by and conclude anything from that. None of those people were RESPONSIBLE for Cooper that day. His father was, not them.

I agree! What was all that supposed to prove going on and on that Stoddard did not track down every person who walked by the car in the parking lot? Would we honestly believe anyone would say, "Well yes detective, we saw the baby dying in the hot car but we didn't say anything because......."?

Of course not!! So we can 100% conclude that no passerby saw or heard Cooper. How does this defend JRH? He was INSIDE the car with Cooper, he was responsible for him, not some stranger strolling by. If I were on the jury, I would consider this line of questioning ridiculous.

As as aside, it is now legal in Georgia for a passerby to use a crow bar or brick or anything to break the window of a car if they see a dog left inside on a hot day.

I think Stoddard is making some headway with his pushing back a bit on this 'hot car/vet' video----where Ross said it would have been terrible if his son had been in a hot car. Kilgore is trying to discount that comment and dismiss it, but it's not working well, imo.

JerseyGirl: #1042 I don;t think I should go back and try to catch up, no I have giggles, Stoddard is making some headway, with his pushing back a bit on "hotcar/vet" video. :)

The PSA does not in any way talk about a child in a hot car, Kilgore said.

Harris made that leap. Harris said: “That would be terrible if my son was in the car,” Stoddard said.

“You can’t do that and I watch … I watched that and I’m like that would be terrible if my son was in the car. I hate that,” Stoddard said.

Kilgore pointed out, however, that Harris never said and there was no evidence of him Googling hot car death or anything similar. That’s contradictory to what Stoddard initially testified happenedhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319821-Trial-Ross-Harris-3&p=12892026#post12892026

I had to leave for work this afternoon so can someone tell me whose testimony was impeached? And why? Thanks.

I think his goose was cooked yesterday with the video of him in the parking lot. I was really on the fence but yesterday really brought it home. Also the video of travel between CFA and HD. Too short for him to fall asleep or for JRH to forget him. Wonder what he was doing for those 30 seconds before walking away. Saying goodbye? Saying sorry?

Agreed and I've wondered about those 30 seconds as well. [emoji848]

Maybe something like this??

Ross - 'Well, Cooper, Coop, Cooperstown, Little Buddy, Joker, it's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun...at least for ME it hasn't. I love you and all....but Daddy wants to drink a lot of alcohol and f$&@ a lot of strangers. Now THAT is FUN.
If it's Gods will for you to live, then one of these strangers walking by will find you before it's too late. I parked here special, you know, just in case. If not, well, at least I know you'll be with Jesus.'

moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It begs the question, although it makes me sick to think of, if he was at one time asleep, when he did wake up and start self injuring bc surely he was screaming then and no one noticed then either.

This thread is getting long. I will prep a new one and be back with a link shortly. Be prepared to move on over to a new one soon :)

Gathering his stuff, like Kilgore demonstrated he did on other days when it took him 30 seconds to get out of the car?

ROFL, unless there is a reason to call and check up on a child ages infant - 4/5 (beginning school age) there is no reason for a DAYCARE to call the parents. What if the parents work varied shifts? are they suppose to give the DAYCARE a copy of each parents schedule? We are not talking about SCHOOLS, the care givers should know where their children are. **yes schools here do the automated calls too, not sure if it starts in middle school or at elementary. But again THIS case is DAYCARE.

I realize what YOU are saying..surround people with variable shifts blah blah..I actually did work shift work, including weekends ( which wasn't always covered by daycare/but private sitters)..It was something I always made sure I had coverage..letting both parties what my schedule was..or if one of the kids had chicken pox..or was sick..or had to be elsewhere.
Daycare contracts vary..and IF you sign a contract for daily Mon-Friday.. Why the heck would you not let them know? Especially since you are ( per your suggestion paid for already..so THEY HAVE NO NEED TO KNOW scenario).suggesting YOU take 100% responsibility..yet no doubt would sue the butt of them IF something happened to your child..Why shouldn't Caregiver's also have the right to protect themselves too?

Take Ross's situation..What IF he said..I DID drop him off..just FORGOT to sign him in..SO WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM..in the meantime got rid of his body..and Daycare would spend $$$$ to disprove parent's allegation that THEY WERE responsible because they have a contract with parent/ and paid to CARE for their child??

It's a sad state of affairs tho..that Leanne heads off to work..and hubby is suppose to have child/daddy time then drop off...and she even text'd him.Everything okay, got to work etc?? How was she to know he would have a brain "F@rt " and forget within 30-45 sec's after buckling his "Joker" into his death chair?..Cooper went off into his alternate reality or Ross was finally going to be "Child Free"?? pick your poison! The car seat BTW located was midship..thus it was located within inches of his right arm/shoulder. There's no excuses for Cooper's death due to Ross's agenda in life!!

No one is allowed to challenge his authority. Kilgore is doing a great job of allowing Stoddard to be Stoddard for the jury to see in real time how that "confirmation bias" thing works.
LMAO Stoddard was like huh? Paraphrasing:
Kilgore: have you not been trained in confirmation bias?
Stoddard:no
Kilgore: I cant question you on something you havent been trained on?
Stoddard No

Too funny example ... :thinking:
Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.[Note 1][1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Thread #4 is waiting for you. Please move over, this one will close in five minutes.

I realize what YOU are saying..surround people with variable shifts blah blah..I actually did work shift work, including weekends ( which wasn't always covered by daycare/but private sitters)..It was something I always made sure I had coverage..letting both parties what my schedule was..or if one of the kids had chicken pox..or was sick..or had to be elsewhere.
Daycare contracts vary..and IF you sign a contract for daily Mon-Friday.. Why the heck would you not let them know? Especially since you are ( per your suggestion paid for already..so THEY HAVE NO NEED TO KNOW scenario).suggesting YOU take 100% responsibility..yet no doubt would sue the butt of them IF something happened to your child..Why shouldn't Caregiver's also have the right to protect themselves too?

Take Ross's situation..What IF he said..I DID drop him off..just FORGOT to sign him in..SO WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM..in the meantime got rid of his body..and Daycare would spend $$$$ to disprove parent's allegation that THEY WERE responsible because they have a contract with parent/ and paid to CARE for their child??

It's a sad state of affairs tho..that Leanne heads off to work..and hubby is suppose to have child/daddy time then drop off...and she even text'd him.Everything okay, got to work etc?? How was she to know he would have a brain "F@rt " and forget within 30-45 sec's after buckling his "Joker" into his death chair?..Cooper went off into his alternate reality or Ross was finally going to be "Child Free"?? pick your poison! The car seat BTW located was midship..thus it was located within inches of his right arm/shoulder. There's no excuses for Cooper's death due to Ross's agenda in life!!

<modsnip> that wasnt the question. You stated the daycare should have that responsibility. And as far as we know they did notify when were not going to be there.

This is powerful. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members