TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1Thread #2Thread #3Thread #4Thread #5Thread #6
Thread #7Thread #8Thread #9Thread #10Thread #11Thread #12
Thread #13Thread #14Thread #15Thread #16Thread #17Thread #18
Thread #19Thread #20Thread #21Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24
Thread #25Thread #26Thread #27Thread #28Thread #29Thread #30
Thread #31Thread #32Thread #33Thread #34Thread #35Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38Thread #39 Thread #40

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

NEW DOC
FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

A member was kind enough to seek out and share this probable cause statement regarding the warrant for Missy's Facebook account. A person is named in full in that document as someone LE wanted more information about Missy's interactions with. That individual's initials are CW. We will continue to call that individual by their initials and not use their name in our discussions.

A reminder that this warrant was obtained in the early days of the investigation and since that time LE has stated "We didn't glean anything of significant evidentiary value from the execution of the warrants,"

If a member obtained it from the court record others can and will. Therefore we are making it available for our members but caution you to keep the above statement in mind when reading and making reference to it.

The Latest

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
by Alan Duke, Reporter & 'Crime Stories With Nancy Grace' Co-host
January 10, 2017

Snip:
"While sources tell us the silence is a intended to slow the “crazies” whose speculation and leads have distracted them, other reasons may also explain the strategy. There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says.

Although Crime Online has been told the name of this “person of interest” by a source, we will not publish it until police confirm it on the record.
A woman arriving for the “Camp Gladiators” work out found Bevers dead inside the church about 45 minutes later. Midlothian police received a 911 call reporting the discovery at 5:06 a.m.

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. you may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out percieved inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

:bodyguard: Marking my spot hoping this thread will have an Arrest or at least something NEW
:copcar:

Since I am starting at ground zero again , I took more time to look at Camp Gladiator. It is not hard at all for a stalker to see where the classes take place. The classes are all listed with the days and times. The sp could be anyone........I would also like to know if the gym that Missy went too had cameras......

Regarding Nissan Altimas and electrical problems.

There is a technical service bulletin regarding headlights fogging in rain for 2010 Altimas

Description: NISSAN: EXTERIOR LAMP FOGGING. OCCASIONALLY WATER IS NOTICED IN THE EXTERIOR LAMPS. THIS IS GENERALLY NOT DUE TO A DEFECT. ALL CURRENT EXTERIOR LAMP ASSEMBLIES ARE VENTED TO THE ATMOSPHERE (NOT SEALED). THIS IS NECESSARY TO ALLOW FOR E

From the Nissan Club forums regarding a 2009 Altima and posted in 2012.
Hope someone can solve this for me before I take it into the shop tomorrow... Today Houston area had a pretty big thunderstorm and I drove about 10-15 minutes in the heavy rain. I just got home for the night when I realize my brake light is "stuck", like it is on full power and my spoiler light is on as well. At first I thought maybe I just pumped the brake too many times after I shut the car off, but after restarting the engine and even driving it around for a bit, it is still stuck. Now if I turn off the headlights it turns off, and when I brake with the headlights off it functions normally. The situation only occurs when the headlight is on or in the auto position.

Anyone has any ideas? I said maybe it is related to the rain because I am not sure.. it just so happen that I noticed it today.. Nissan did replaced my brake sensor a couple weeks back due to a recall, maybe it could be related to that?
Before I left for work I decided to check my tails for any issues and sure enough.. I found the taillight LED had a burnt resistor. Replaced it with a spare and all is good! The wet weather may have been a factor, but glad its fixed..
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2007-2012-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/330063-brake-light-stuck-after-heavy-rainfall-today-maybe-related.html

Regarding a 2011 Nissan Titan
I was just working outside and noticed the brake lights come on. I was not working on the truck. We have been getting a lot of rain lately, so I didn't know if it would be related, but my gut was telling me it was a short. I unplugged both switches at the brake pedal and the lights stayed on so now I know it's not the switch...... I am horrible at tracking a short, but in reading forums elsewhere; others have had the same issue caused by a malfunction with the trailer brake controller or 7 pin hookup if water gets in. Apparently, it can back-feed past or to the switch. I plan on removing the brake controller. If that does not remedy, I'll remove the 7 pin trailer hookup. I have had to change that out and maybe didn't get a good seal on it. I'll update you all as I figure it out.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/electrical-wiring/140397-brake-lights-wont-turn-off.html

So, I don't think its impossible they weren't having problems.

Its a dog and a man in that Nissan I tell you.

So who takes a dog to a hit?

Idk.. That Nissan just may not be the perp.

Just thinking for now.

Its a dog and a man in that Nissan I tell you.

So who takes a dog to a hit?

Idk.. That Nissan just may not be the perp.

Just thinking for now.

Agree-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit it is pretty scary to think that a lot of ppl that were not actual campers had access to class times and locations. Anyone could have checked out various classes pretending to be interested in fitness to scope out a victim. I realized the net in this case is still very large and the sp may not be on LE'S radar yet.

I have to admit it is pretty scary to think that a lot of ppl that were not actual campers had access to class times and locations. Anyone could have checked out various classes pretending to be interested in fitness to scope out a victim. I realized the net in this case is still very large and the sp may not be on LE'S radar yet.

Additionally, CG trainers and groups routinely attend community fairs, employee health events at the larger employers around town, holding free classes. Those trainers are very busy drumming up business.

Whatever is sitting there on the passenger seat does not seem to change position, woman side profile, arm on dashboard. Is this is starting to look like a dummy or mannequin?

Driving around and leaving North side SWFA parking lot in a counter clockwise direction to the back of the building or West side:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Is the driver (re) arranging a mannequin?

Returning to the North side SWFA parking lot in a counter clockwise direction and getting ready to turning off lights and parking the car. Is driver laying down??

attachment.php

Attachments

• woman 1.png
    woman 1.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 1,752
  • woman 2.png
    woman 2.png
    659.1 KB · Views: 1,772
  • woman 1 drawing.png
    woman 1 drawing.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 1,743
Whatever is sitting there on the passenger seat does not seem to change position, woman side profile, arm on dashboard. Is this is starting to look like a dummy or mannequin?

Driving around and leaving North side SWFA parking lot in a counter clockwise direction to the back of the building or West side:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Returning to the North side SWFA parking lot in a counter clockwise direction and getting ready to turning off lights and parking the car. Is driver laying down??

attachment.php

My first thought was it is the driver's arm, reaching up and over (to sun visor, light, mirror) but at times it does look like someone sitting and facing the driver. My first instincts are usually correct, so I am going to go with the driver's arm ..I think..this is such a confusing case:gaah:

Someone give an update plz? Anything new??

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

It truly looks like the driver is grabbing a snack from the glove compartment or dashboard to feed the dog that is sitting right there. Jmo.

Look how the dog is looking and waiting to see if he is about to get a snack. Jmo for now.

But thanks Nin for your high quality work with these pictures. Much appreciated.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

To me it's shown a person (mannequin?) on the passenger seat (side view) and a person (male?) on the driver seat. Suddenly the person on the passenger seat isn't seen any more, the driver isn't seen any more, a female face or the mannequin (front view!) emerges on the driver side, then disappears ..... :confused: Too fast for my brain.

The passenger looks like she/he is wearing hoodie, with the hood on her/his head.

I apologize for not quoting, but it would not allow me to reply on the closed thread (or maybe I was doing something wrong - I don't post much).

Regarding the blood stained shirt: I have shirts in my closet that cost $150 and I have shirts that cost $15, the ones I take the best care of are the ones that FIT great even if it's the cheap ones. The cost of the shirt is irrelevant IMO. I'd pay $50 to save a shirt I loved even if the shirt itself only cost $15. Maybe that was the nicest shirt she owned and she knew she needed it the for the days ahead. Maybe she was hard to fit. Most women have to try clothes on. Could you imagine having to shop at a time like this? All IMO

If I remember correctly, BBs reference to Facebook comments bothering him was followed by him referencing his children reading Facebook some day and seeing those comments. I don't think it's fair to continue bringing this up out of context IMO (I'll look for the link).

I don't think we can put much weight into RB having inappropriate facial expressions. Some people have natural inappropriate reactions to things. I have a friend whose first reaction is to laugh at shocking news even if it's bad news. She is an intelligent person and she is very compassionate. She just has this off reaction. All IMO.

IMO, I don't find it shocking that RB brought up the murder to the dry cleaner IF that's what happened. Some people LIKE to talk and they will talk to anyone. Haven't you ever met people that tell you their whole life story within an hour OR people that you casually ask how they are doing and they take it as an opening to tell you everything going on in their life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I haven't read last forum in like a week but what in tarnation is up with all this mannequin and dog talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie