Child Neglect Charges Dropped 10/21/08

If they drop the neglect charges, I hope they still go after the theft charges at least she will get convicted on those,:behindbar
if by chance some juror on murder charges vote not guilty:banghead: Some people always keep drinking that Kool Aid.:furious:

It is hard to see in writing that she is not alive. We have known this for a long time but, it still makes me sad.

I think they will go ahead with the fraud charges on the 15th.

It was expected they would drop the Neglect charges with the others in place. The Identity Theft and Fraud charges will stay, imo. It is a separate case.

This is going to drag out which I don't understand. It works against the defense because it allows LE and TES more time to find the body and further evidence before trial. Then again...look who is calling the shots here. His strategy seems to be to let LE collect all the evidence and they will just shoot in the dark from the hip to defend Casey.

It says the state dropped the charges because neglect is directly related to the child being alive. In this case the state clearly believes that Caylee is not alive, so they have to stand behind the GJ's finding that Casey murdered Caylee.

As for the fraud charges, I imagine that would go ahead as scheduled.

Why Baez isn't filing for a speedy trial has me confused. Why give the state anymore time, unless he doesn't want to make that decision until his team is fully in place. He won't be lead, so that may have something to do with it.

It says the state dropped the charges because neglect is directly related to the child being alive. In this case the state clearly believes that Caylee is not alive, so they have to stand behind the GJ's finding that Casey murdered Caylee.

Why Baez isn't filing for a speedy trial has me confused. Why give the state anymore time, unless he doesn't want to make that decision until his team is fully in place. He won't be lead, so that may have something to do with it.

JB doesn't have a clue what he is doing, plain and simple. :)

The GJ charged her with Aggravated Child Abuse...
That charge still stands and I'd rather see that then neglect.

JB cannot do the speedy trial motion. That is the equivalent of certifying to the Court that he is absolutely ready for trial.

Considering the defense team is somewhat mid-assembly, they are not ready for trial and it would be an idiotic motion, even for JB:rolleyes:

Without the motion, the state has 175 days and that clock is ticking.
:clock::blowkiss:

I believe that Baez can file for a speedy trial whenever he chooses...So he's going to bide his own time until he feels that he has what he needs to go forward. Just as LE has more time, so does the defence. They will want to do proper discovery and will want to do additional investigations.

MOO

In a statement released this morning, the State Attorney's Office explained: "The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-102108,0,4701569.story

There is no bolder statement than for the State Attorney's office to say "The Child Is Deceased"...

There should be no more questions on this. That's the strongest statement I've seen mentioned yet.

Now I wonder if they have told Cindy and George this and they just choose to ignore it.

Lawson Lamar

State Attorney

Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida

415 North Orange Avenue

Orlando, Florida 32801

(407) 836-2400

PRESS RELEASE

Danielle Tavernier

Public Information Officer

(407) 836-2361

October 21, 2008

State of Florida vs. Casey Marie Anthony

In light of the decision of the Grand Jury to indict defendant Casey Marie Anthony in connection with the death of her child and lying to the police, the State of Florida late yesterday afternoon filed a Nolle Prosequi in case number 48-2008-CF-10925-O that charged the defendant with the Neglect of her Child.

The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges.

We remain prepared to proceed to trial on the charges in the indictment.

While the State understands the importance of this information to the community, this office does not want to create the type of publicity that would lead to a change of venue. Therefore, we will not comment further on the case itself. No calculation has or will be made on potential sentences if these charges result in convictions.

Remember, these charges are only allegations and do not constitute a proof of guilt. Ms. Anthony has the right to a trial by jury and is cloaked with the presumption of innocence.

Until legal discovery is disclosed to the defense, there are no public records.

You know, I've been trying like hell to put myself in a defense attorney's shoes with this case. I seriously have NO IDEA what the defense could possibly be?! :waitasec:

If the State did indeed have the forensics tested three times at three different labs that blows poking holes in that. How can anyone resonably doubt evidence tested three times in as many labs all with the same result?

If they tried to say she sold Caylee that is human trafficking. Felony offense.

If they say she gave her to someone why would the person/s not give the child back? Not to mention that Casey and the family said Caylee is in danger and Casey saying she was kidnapped.

As you can all see, any defense I try to come up with I can, not so much shoot holes, as demolish, the entire senerio. Even the defense attorney's on the news networks have said the only defense, and the one they would use, is to attack the evidence. I can't see that as a possibility, and that's only with what we DO know. Not even coming close to what OCSD must have that we DON'T know about, kwim?

Any thoughts?

There is no bolder statement than for the State Attorney's office to say "The Child Is Deceased"...

There should be no more questions on this. That's the strongest statement I've seen mentioned yet.

Now I wonder if they have told Cindy and George this and they just choose to ignore it.

I totally agree.

I believe that Baez can file for a speedy trial whenever he chooses...So he's going to bide his own time until he feels that he has what he needs to go forward. Just as LE has more time, so does the defence. They will want to do proper discovery and will want to do additional investigations.

MOO

Oh I agree...

He can file anything he wants. But to do this motion, he'd pretty much be lying to the Court.

FL Rule 3.191-Speedy Trial:
...A demand for speedy trial binds the accused and the state. No
demand for speedy trial shall be filed or served unless the accused has a bona fide desire to obtain a trial sooner than
otherwise might be provided. A demand for speedy trial shall be considered a pleading that the accused is available
for trial, has diligently investigated the case, and is prepared or will be prepared for trial within 5 days. A demand
filed by an accused who has not diligently investigated the case or who is not timely prepared for trial shall be
stricken as invalid
on motion of the prosecuting attorney.

I don't think a team that is just assembled can file this motion this early in the case...

Does this mean the trial will not happen then on November 15th or will they still go ahead with it for the fraud charges? :waitasec:

JB still hasn't filed for a speedy trial, this is gong to be going on for quite a while I feel. :banghead:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-102108,0,4701569.story

Yeah... Insomnia Momma .. If this trial goes on Casey could be in Prison with a Guilty Verdict by Christmas.. or before.. Don't see how she could get out of this one... video and her signing checks etcc... Maybe this is why The A's arent putting to much money in her account.. they know how it works and what is to come ,,, I feel the fbi and le told Casey and CA the day they went to jb office... about evidence pointing to a past Caylee.. They have chosen to not accept this for casey and to milk the public dry for funds so they can just sit back and do nothing at all not to mention ever really searching for caylee.... And I hope and pray they all are found out and get their dues... So horrible to use this baby like they have been. And I mean the whole A family... Not a one of them are innocent of not using and abusing that sweet baby..... yes other abuse besides just physical..

You know, I've been trying like hell to put myself in a defense attorney's shoes with this case. I seriously have NO IDEA what the defense could possibly be?! :waitasec:

If the State did indeed have the forensics tested three times at three different labs that blows poking holes in that. How can anyone resonably doubt evidence tested three times in as many labs all with the same result?

If they tried to say she sold Caylee that is human trafficking. Felony offense.

If they say she gave her to someone why would the person/s not give the child back? Not to mention that Casey and the family said Caylee is in danger and Casey saying she was kidnapped.

As you can all see, any defense I try to come up with I can, not so much shoot holes, as demolish, the entire senerio. Even the defense attorney's on the news networks have said the only defense, and the one they would use, is to attack the evidence. I can't see that as a possibility, and that's only with what we DO know. Not even coming close to what OCSD must have that we DON'T know about, kwim?

Any thoughts?

Im doing the same exact thing, trying to figure out the defense. The only thing I can think of is KC didnt do it, someone else did. I wonder who she is going to throw under the bus for murdering her child. But on the other hand the defense does not need to prove who did do it only create reasonable doubt that KC didnt do it so it could very well be no one. They are going to say KC is afraid for her life because of what this person did to Caylee.

That's all I can see for a defense at this point, and explains why we keep hearing we will understand.

I can see this working as reasonable doubt. After OJ, nothing suprises me anymore.

Im doing the same exact thing, trying to figure out the defense. The only thing I can think of is KC didnt do it, someone else did. I wonder who she is going to throw under the bus for murdering her child. But on the other hand the defense does not need to prove who did do it only create reasonable doubt that KC didnt do it so it could very well be no one. They are going to say KC is afraid for her life because of what this person did to Caylee.

That's all I can see for a defense at this point, and explains why we keep hearing we will understand.

I can see this working as reasonable doubt. After OJ, nothing suprises me anymore.

I'd say she's gonna throw one of the two Tony's...

It was expected they would drop the Neglect charges with the others in place. The Identity Theft and Fraud charges will stay, imo. It is a separate case.

This is going to drag out which I don't understand. It works against the defense because it allows LE and TES more time to find the body and further evidence before trial. Then again...look who is calling the shots here. His strategy seems to be to let LE collect all the evidence and they will just shoot in the dark from the hip to defend Casey.

Exactly. Pair that with a team of attorneys with minimal experience. I feel the defense needs time to research AND go over the evidence. I'm not surprised they haven't filed for a speedy trial yet. I see that happening within the next month or so but not before IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back