Task Delegation; What tasks/suggestions/enquiries are you currently working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jbluesky, I was hoping there was someone local who could check libraries for yearbooks!! :) I have some free time today and was going to make some calls and see what might be available. I will update here if I find out anything. Also, has anyone else checked on Ancestry.com? I know they have different yearbooks available than classmates. I have not renewed my subscription yet, but am thinking now might be the time. If I am going to check there, are Horry and Charleston counties the main ones to start with? Any high schools that would be most likely? Keep up the great work, guys!!! I just saw that he is featured on the highlighted bar at the top of the page :)

Horry County and Georgetown County would be the ones I would search. Most likely high schools in Horry would be: Socastee or Waccamaw

jbluesky or any other locals who may have time to look at old yearbooks, the Charleston library on Calhoun street seems to have a great many high school ones in our time frame (1990-1994?) I spoke to the woman in the SC History room on the phone and she was super helpful. Here is a partial list of what she gave me:
(Apologies if any were noted incorrectly!)
Baptist Hill 1990-1992, 1995
Dorchester 1993+
Gordon H. Garrett 1989-1993
Middleton 1990 and 1995
N. Charleston 1990-1991 and 1993-1995
Herbie?/arby? Stall 1992
st Andrews high 1991-1992, 1994+
Summerville 1992-1993

The Horry county library in Conway did not have any, but mentioned that the high schools themselves might. The librarian said the three main high schools would probably be:
Conway. High
Carolina Forrest
Myrtle Beach High

I hope this is of help.. I would love to do this task, but unfortunately am not near there. Or hopefully (!!!!) one of the new leads will pan out and nobody has to go looking at all :)

Charleston is a good hour and a half drive from me. If all resources here are exhausted and still nothing pans out, then I could attempt a day trip there if need be

Hey Neesaki! :). I have made a post with some of the Charleston high schools a few posts up from here (ones held at the charleston library.) If you see any of them for the 90's on ancestry, let me know and I will go ahead and renew my subscription and look with you!

Searched Ancestry again and found nothing for any of the schools in the area during that time period. Frustrating, oh well.

Just an FYI for anyone who's been in contact with media or waiting for them to call back in Myrtle Beach ... especially jbluesky. As I'm sure you've seen over the last 2 days a Horry County fireman was killed off duty in a motorcycle accident. This will more then likely be the main story with all area media outlets now through the weekend, his funeral is Saturday. I know everyone's on edge and excited to get things moving so I didn't want anyone getting frustrated or upset with the media.

Just an FYI for anyone who's been in contact with media or waiting for them to call back in Myrtle Beach ... especially jbluesky. As I'm sure you've seen over the last 2 days a Horry County fireman was killed off duty in a motorcycle accident. This will more then likely be the main story with all area media outlets now through the weekend, his funeral is Saturday. I know everyone's on edge and excited to get things moving so I didn't want anyone getting frustrated or upset with the media.

Terrible :(

Hi everyone!

As always, sorry for my 'late to the party' ness on all of this! To clear up confusion, my work days tend to be about 12 hours (factoring in traffic too). As soon as I get home I'm on the computer and straight on to WS to get things sorted out. I try to access it at work on my phone but it is so difficult! I'm thinking about asking IT to give me clearance on WS to use it on my lunch break on my computer :blushing:

On to the thread; I was hoping that I would be able to consistently edit my original post, but with your answers, it doesn't look like I am able to.

The next best thing is just ensuring that everybody read through this read to know what others are doing before they do it. That makes it clear that we don't double up, and start accidently contacting the same agencies more than once a day or so.

Does anybody else have an idea for how we can organise this? Would love to hear suggestions, my brain is almost totally fried so I'm not as good with suggesting fixes as I usually am! (which isn't very good anyway :).

Will be replying to all other threads or so in the next few hours.

Love to all. :loveyou:

Maybe a Google docs checklist? I could create one but not today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great idea mommy!

I have no idea how to work them, so leaving that in the hands of anyone who knows how and has the time :)

That's a great idea mommy!

I have no idea how to work them, so leaving that in the hands of anyone who knows how and has the time :)

We could also create a sticky post that one of us edits. I don't have time for that though. Single mom working 50 hrs a week :)

My fault for not posting yesterday, I had spoken to Believe09 yesterday to contact the ME. She has a lot of experience with it; knows what to say & how to say it. The last thing we want is 100 people calling the LE & ME then Jay/Jason's family can not get through. She is more then happy to do it.

If any of the original sources of these photographs can contact the Medical Examiners Office in Virginia at (757) 683-8366 or NCMEC through the HELP ID ME Facebook Page or Call Center 1-800-THE-LOST it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to help.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe

The ME investigator needs the information including the possible last name and possible maternal relatives asap as well. As Wondergirl indicated, the ME's office is aware of what has been posted here. This is imperative at this point.

Hi everyone!

As always, sorry for my 'late to the party' ness on all of this! To clear up confusion, my work days tend to be about 12 hours (factoring in traffic too). As soon as I get home I'm on the computer and straight on to WS to get things sorted out. I try to access it at work on my phone but it is so difficult! I'm thinking about asking IT to give me clearance on WS to use it on my lunch break on my computer :blushing:

On to the thread; I was hoping that I would be able to consistently edit my original post, but with your answers, it doesn't look like I am able to.

The next best thing is just ensuring that everybody read through this read to know what others are doing before they do it. That makes it clear that we don't double up, and start accidently contacting the same agencies more than once a day or so.

Does anybody else have an idea for how we can organise this? Would love to hear suggestions, my brain is almost totally fried so I'm not as good with suggesting fixes as I usually am! (which isn't very good anyway :).

Will be replying to all other threads or so in the next few hours.

Love to all. :loveyou:

One option for the editing after edit period: Bump/Quote your own post. Place your edits into the quoted material and then outside the second or ending [/QUOTE] box type UPDATED! (AND THEN THE TIME AND DATE OF YOUR UPDATE/EDIT INFO) This will cause a new post to land at the current end of the thread with the most updated info.

News update:
I spoke with WBDE Channel 15 in MB, SC again and made it clear that I'm not someone to interview about the story. They don't want to interview any of us anyway. :)

They're putting together something for the news and want to help get him identified. I was asked not to share this reporter's direct contact info online, but if there are any verified sources ie police, NCMEC or the ME that are willing to talk to the reporter, PM me your contact info and I can call and relay the message. (I'm not trying to hoarde information, this is what the reporter requested.)

I told them to call NCMEC.

I also contacted ABC7 in DC but haven't heard back.

News update:
I spoke with WBDE Channel 15 in MB, SC again and made it clear that I'm not someone to interview about the story. They don't want to interview any of us anyway. :)

They're putting together something for the news and want to help get him identified. I was asked not to share this reporter's direct contact info online, but if there are any verified sources ie police, NCMEC or the ME that are willing to talk to the reporter, PM me your contact info and I can call and relay the message. (I'm not trying to hoarde information, this is what the reporter requested.)

I told them to call NCMEC.

I also contacted ABC7 in DC but haven't heard back.

Thanks for the wonderful update mummy! Glad to hear that the media over there have jumped on this case! Would you be able to keep us updated, and possible, where those not in the US could find the links to these stories when they show? :)

I posted on the other thread, but wanted to update here:

Horry Classifieds (facebook county classifieds group)

You Might be from Murrells Inlet If (facebook group.. in St James Middle School attendance zone)

My personal facebook page (I live in Myrtle beach and a lot of my friends on fb were born and raised here)

WPDE News Channel 15 is supposedly working on a story.. waiting to hear an update from my friend who works there

Contacted person who is over yearbooks at Horry County Schools (got her contact info from Saint James Middle school). She doesn't have any from that time period. She has "1 or 2 older yearbooks" but can't let them go. She asked what I needed them for. I explained the case to her and sent link to imgur post to help explain. Haven't heard anything back.

I plan to hit the libraries this Saturday to see if I can find any yearbooks there.

Update: I just got this email from Horry County Schools in follow-up to my request for yearbooks:

"Ms. , I was informed by St. James Middle School Staff of you wanting yearbook photos from the school in reference to a trying to identify a person. I have informed the school they should decline any photos request. Any information regarding a missing person case should be directed to the Horry County Police Department. They can be contacted at 915-5350. Thank you Ofc. Cruz "

So unfortunately, looks like they are unwilling to help... Horry County Police has already been contacted though, correct? Does anybody know the answer to that?

I asked my friend at WPDE if she had an update for me. This was her response: "I haven't heard anything. I passed it along. I will check on it. I actually believe it's something to take up with the coroner's office."

I posted on the other thread, but wanted to update here:

Horry Classifieds (facebook county classifieds group)

You Might be from Murrells Inlet If (facebook group.. in St James Middle School attendance zone)

My personal facebook page (I live in Myrtle beach and a lot of my friends on fb were born and raised here)

WPDE News Channel 15 is supposedly working on a story.. waiting to hear an update from my friend who works there

Contacted person who is over yearbooks at Horry County Schools (got her contact info from Saint James Middle school). She doesn't have any from that time period. She has "1 or 2 older yearbooks" but can't let them go. She asked what I needed them for. I explained the case to her and sent link to imgur post to help explain. Haven't heard anything back.

I plan to hit the libraries this Saturday to see if I can find any yearbooks there.

right before I went to lunch a news station employee randomly came to my office to interview my boss about something non-related. While she waited to see my boss, I asked if she heard of this case. I told her about it and she is interested in doing a story... I am going to send her more info on it....

This is the reply I just got from WBTW:

"Thanks! I'm going to look into it. The problem is, he was found in Virginia. The law enforcement here doesn't know much about the case. I'll see what I can do! Thanks for sending me the info"

I work in a school and am not surprised that they declined the yearbook photo request. In my school, I think the answer would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie