4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

Revisiting the FACTS (evidence) isn't the can of worms I was referencing. The topic " 4 years later - What do we THINK [emphasis mine] about the case /verdict" is what I was referencing.

I know the evidence very, very well. I spent an embarrassing amount of hours here every. single. day. for over 3 years finely combing through tens of thousands of pages of discovery. Evidence including, but certainly not limited to - fiber, duct tape, chloroform, cell phone pings, computer forensics, DNA, autopsy results, countess sworn statements & depositions. I never missed a single hearing, including the Frye hearings, nor did I miss one minute of the trial. Simply, I personally don't feel the need to review any of the evidence again.

I'm more than satisfied that, in my heart, I know the jury got it terribly wrong. It's now been over 5 years since that verdict was rendered and when I allow myself to revisit that day it still elicits strong emotions - anger, sadness, disappointment, disgust... for my own well-being it's best for me to not dwell on what I know was a terrible injustice.

I still think about sweet Caylee daily. 8 1/2 years since she was first reported missing and her photo still remains as my profile pic on my page. I'll always be dedicated to her. :heartbeat:

I agree with everything you've stated. I too spent an embarrassing :gaah: amount of time here. I will never forget Caylee, and how heartbroken we all were. Her murderer? Yea, I can forget her and pray that justice will be served.

they did present that evidence though.
No, they did not, which makes the outcome of the case even more heartbreaking. Jose Baez blabbed about it in his book about how we was surprised the prosecution never found the searches (they only searched the Internet Explorer browser history). This prompted two members of Websleuths to review the Mozilla Firefox browser data (the browser that only Casey ever used) and there it was.

After Baez revealed the "foolproof suffocation" search in his book, Phoenix attorney Isabel Humphrey requested and received a copy of the browsers' histories from the Sheriff's Office.
Baez's theory that George Anthony did the search while contemplating suicide "was as crazy as the nanny story," Humphrey told Local 6, referring to Casey Anthony's original claim that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee.
She obtained the data in August and turned it over to John Goetz, a retired engineer and computer expert in Connecticut. The pair had become acquainted online while following and discussing the case through the amateur sleuthing web community, Websleuths.
Using free software available on the Internet since 2004, Goetz said it took him less than two hours to extract more than 35,000 records detailing the computer's online activities from 2004 until it was seized in July 2008.
"Once you have converted the Internet history records, it really doesn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes to look through the entire Internet history for June 16," said Humphrey. "And I would think if there was one day you would pick to look at, that would be the day."
Goetz and Humphrey homed in on June 16, 2008, and quickly discovered the misspelled search for "fool-proof suffication."
"It shows you a state of mind that was present on the actual afternoon it appears the child had died," Humphrey said. "So I think it would be important regardless of who it was making the searches, but in this case it's certainly important that it appears to be Casey Anthony herself."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-prosecutors-botched-casey-anthony-evidence

So it this still and active, open, investigated case or are the cops like "we know who did it. Case closed."?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it this still and active, open, investigated case or are the cops like "we know who did it. Case closed."?

Unless someone else stands up and says "I did it and here's the proof" the case is essentially closed. Casey herself could stand on the top of the Empire State building and admit she did it and how, but she still couldn't be tried because of double jeopardy.

Also do you think she'll ever marry and have another child?

I'm sure some idiot will fall for her superficial charm and get conned into marrying her. However, I sincerely hope she never has another child again or that she is not physically able to (that would be karma). She is too selfish and what kind of life could she give that child anyway?

From what I understand, she lives with Pat McKenna, the PI who worked on her case (and also helped OJ Simpson beat his double murder rap). Who knows the nature of their relationship, but I'm sure it is one consisting of 'mutual benefits'. :puke: Interesting, considering she accused her father of molesting her and she's now shacked up with a man around his age.

As Judge Strickland said, she will always attract the seedy 'underbelly of society'. One of her lawyers (Todd Macaluso, who already had legal and ethical issues when he joined her legal team) just got arrested for attempting to smuggle cocaine, so you can see what kind of people are attracted to her 'cause'. :facepalm:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-cocaine-smuggling-charge-20161129-story.html

No, they did not, which makes the outcome of the case even more heartbreaking. Jose Baez blabbed about it in his book about how we was surprised the prosecution never found the searches (they only searched the Internet Explorer browser history). This prompted two members of Websleuths to review the Mozilla Firefox browser data (the browser that only Casey ever used) and there it was.

After Baez revealed the "foolproof suffocation" search in his book, Phoenix attorney Isabel Humphrey requested and received a copy of the browsers' histories from the Sheriff's Office.
Baez's theory that George Anthony did the search while contemplating suicide "was as crazy as the nanny story," Humphrey told Local 6, referring to Casey Anthony's original claim that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee.
She obtained the data in August and turned it over to John Goetz, a retired engineer and computer expert in Connecticut. The pair had become acquainted online while following and discussing the case through the amateur sleuthing web community, Websleuths.
Using free software available on the Internet since 2004, Goetz said it took him less than two hours to extract more than 35,000 records detailing the computer's online activities from 2004 until it was seized in July 2008.
"Once you have converted the Internet history records, it really doesn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes to look through the entire Internet history for June 16," said Humphrey. "And I would think if there was one day you would pick to look at, that would be the day."
Goetz and Humphrey homed in on June 16, 2008, and quickly discovered the misspelled search for "fool-proof suffication."
"It shows you a state of mind that was present on the actual afternoon it appears the child had died," Humphrey said. "So I think it would be important regardless of who it was making the searches, but in this case it's certainly important that it appears to be Casey Anthony herself."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cops-prosecutors-botched-casey-anthony-evidence

isaw-the-trial-and-i-remember-they-presented-evidence-for-searches-for-neckbreaking-death-of-a-child-and-so-on,.more-than-enough-.to-prove-premeditation-and-malice.

Unless someone else stands up and says "I did it and here's the proof" the case is essentially closed. Casey herself could stand on the top of the Empire State building and admit she did it and how, but she still couldn't be tried because of double jeopardy.

I'm sure some idiot will fall for her superficial charm and get conned into marrying her. However, I sincerely hope she never has another child again or that she is not physically able to (that would be karma). She is too selfish and what kind of life could she give that child anyway?

From what I understand, she lives with Pat McKenna, the PI who worked on her case (and also helped OJ Simpson beat his double murder rap). Who knows the nature of their relationship, but I'm sure it is one consisting of 'mutual benefits'. :puke: Interesting, considering she accused her father of molesting her and she's now shacked up with a man around his age.

As Judge Strickland said, she will always attract the seedy 'underbelly of society'. One of her lawyers (Todd Macaluso, who already had legal and ethical issues when he joined her legal team) just got arrested for attempting to smuggle cocaine, so you can see what kind of people are attracted to her 'cause'. :facepalm:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-cocaine-smuggling-charge-20161129-story.html

i wonder if eventually she will end up committing another murder, i mean premeditatedly killing a child, you don't get any more evil than that.

isaw-the-trial-and-i-remember-they-presented-evidence-for-searches-for-neckbreaking-death-of-a-child-and-so-on,.more-than-enough-.to-prove-premeditation-and-malice.
I also saw the trial and I wasn't talking about those searches.
Yes-I-know-they-did-present-those-particular-searches-but-as-my-initial-post-stated-they-did-not-have-the-'foolproof suffocation'-searches-from-the-Mozilla-Firefox-browser (that only Casey used). It is my opinion that the 'foolproof suffocation' searches from June 16, 2098 that could only have been conducted by Casey, may have made a difference in the case and it's a shame the prosecution didn't find them before the trial.

I also saw the trial and I wasn't talking about those searches.
Yes-I-know-they-did-present-those-particular-searches-but-as-my-initial-post-stated-they-did-not-have-the-'foolproof suffocation'-searches-from-the-Mozilla-Firefox-browser (that only Casey used). It is my opinion that the 'foolproof suffocation' searches from June 16, 2098 that could only have been conducted by Casey, may have made a difference in the case and it's a shame the prosecution didn't find them before the trial.

i don't know why that would make a difference, they more than proved murder in the first degree by a long shot, I don't think they needed any more evidence.

i don't know why that would make a difference, they more than proved murder in the first degree by a long shot, I don't think they needed any more evidence.
I agree, but obviously that jury did need more evidence of first degree murder.

I agree, but obviously that jury did need more evidence of first degree murder.

It shouldn't have. It needed critical thinking skills.

Sometimes I check this thread still hoping the verdict was a nightmare.

That's how I feel after all this time. I hope Casey is miserable. Forever. That's the best I've got at this point. Some days I feel more mature and less angry about it. But today is not one of those days.

The day she was found not guilty changed my view of my trust in the judicial system. They say it is best that 11 guilty go free than one not guilty be condemned. It now seems to be an excuse.

Let's see, does it make any reasonable sense yet? Nope, still cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

In my opinion, the jury had all they needed for the conviction. However, I think LE and the prosecutor's office should have delved deeper into the computer records considering Casey lived out her life on the computer, and the prosecution should have spent more time on the timeline to show the narrow window of time in which the murder was committed when Casey was there alone with Caylee.

Sometimes I check this thread still hoping the verdict was a nightmare.

That's how I feel after all this time. I hope Casey is miserable. Forever. That's the best I've got at this point. Some days I feel more mature and less angry about it. But today is not one of those days.
I think she does not feel sorry or miserable. She is evil. Well thinking about it she may be sad that all the men are not worshipping her whilst she dances on the dance floor.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Casey is guilty.
The circumstantial evidence alone should have been enough.. Who goes out partying shortly after their four year-old “disappears”? If it were one of mine I would have either been bedridden or out searching for her.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Casey is guilty.
The circumstantial evidence alone should have been enough.. Who goes out partying shortly after their four year-old “disappears”? If it were one of mine I would have either been bedridden or out searching for her.

What's really shocking is that there are many similar cases to this with the exact same pattern of behavior, usually involving husbands who murder their wives/girlfriends rather than divorce them or break up with them.

Chester Gillette, 1906:

He pulled a Scott Peterson, took his pregnant girlfriend out to Moose Lake and murdered her with a blow to the head. She was from a lower social class than him, so he didn't want to actually marry her.

Similarities to Casey:

1) Two days later he joined a group of vacationing friends at another lake and acted completely normal. His friends said that at no time did he appear to be upset, distracted, depressed or unsettled.
2) He crafted an elaborate scheme and constructed a fake persona. He registered under that name at a hotel and then registered under a different name when he rented the boat. Both names matched his initials.
3) He attempted to frame the murder scene to make it look like Grace and her mysterious companion died in a boating accident by dumping his straw hat in the water to make it seem like this fake person may have sunk to the bottom of the lake.
4) When the police tried to question hi, he told them "he had to play tennis."
5) He changed his story once more evidence emerged revolving around eyewitness identification. He then tried to claim that he had taken Grace out to Moose Lake and she had committed suicide after he suggested they talk to her parents and tell them about her pregnancy. He claimed he jumped in after her, looked for her for a minute or two, then gave up and swam to shore. He never reported her missing or dead.
6) His lawyer insisted that he was guilty of "nothing more than moral cowardice, of running away after a rash and tragic suicide because he was "just a boy at the time."
7) Grace was found with a blow to her head. The jury didn't buy it despite the defense claiming she may have hit her head on something on the way down.

Ewing Scott, murdered his wife and managed to hide the body well enough that no one ever found it.

Similarities to Casey (he has a lot):

1) After his wife disappeared, he never reported her missing.
2) He ignored letters and calls from his wife's worried friends and gave a series of growing and inexplicable reasons for her absence. He claimed that she was suffering from mental illness and alcoholism and had gone east for treatment. Other times he said she was at home, but refused to let any of her friends speak to her. Authorities didn't get involved until his wife had been missing for two and a half months and only then after her friends visited the DA's office.
3) Once he was forced by the authorities to tell them where his wife was, he claimed that she had gone out to buy tooth powder and never returned. He claimed she had throat cancer. He claimed he found her car two days later in a cemetery, but never reported it. He even claimed his wife was trying to kill him. The police eventually found her dental bridge, glasses and some pills near an incinerator, but no evidence his wife had been cremated there.

4) He forged his wife's signature on several bank documents.
5) He then tried to frame his wife's disappearance as a kidnapping. His wife's car was found on the street with two bullet holes in it. But both shots were fired from the inside and there was no blood anywhere.
6) He started pointing the finger at his wife's brother.
7) He said "It is my belief that my wife is alive. I fervently believe she would come forward if it is at all possible, unless she is held against her will by those who stand to profit from these actions. Or maybe she has amnesia."
8) The defense tried to claim that Ewing Scott's frequently changing explanations were "simply a husband's foolish attempts to assuage his own bruised ego, to shield himself from the fact that his wife had abandoned him."

The prosecutor very clearly explained circumstantial evidence The jury convicted him of first degree murder.

I doubt Casey's jury would have. No body, so they don't know how she died and to them, a defendant's lies don't really matter. In fact, they used her lies to exonerate her and blame George. To be fair though, I think both of these genius defendants took the stand.

i have always agreed with Casey’s attorney’s accounting of the story.....more or less. i really think people need to let this one go and accept the fact that within disfunctional families, incredible disfunction and dire situations can and do happen. both Caley and Casey are victims, and ought to be left alone. people are too emotional about this trial and project their own personal ideologies upon it. if you actually watch the enyire trial and all of the phone conversations from prison, i agree with the jury’s decision. the attack by the public against Casey is a modern day witch hunt.

We started discussing this on another thread and took it off topic, so I thought now that Casey is looking like doing an interview it might be interesting to revisit the verdict and the state's case and see where people are at ..

Personally I think that the jury made the right decision based on what was before them now, even though I didn't think that when the verdict came down, I wonder if other people have also had another look at all the evidence and feel that way, or do you still feel the same way you did back in 2011?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back