MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in all cases I will reserve my judgment until more facts come out. But just speaking in general terms The police have very dangerous jobs that most of us would never want to do. They put their lives on the line every day and I’m thankful for what they do for all of us. Now with that said, because this is what they signed up to do they are not allowed to go into a situation with a shoot first and ask questions later mentality just because they feel there might be danger about to happen. If that were the case they would be allowed to go to a robbery and just start shooting everyone there. That would be the safest thing for them to ensure they go home, but not for the public and that is who they are hired to protect. They are expected to accept a certain amount of risk before shooting at someone before they even present any danger. This would be like a fireman refusing to enter a building because it might be dangerous. IT WILL BE DANGEROUS.

How do you know in this case the woman presented no danger or that the shooting wasn't justified?

Sadly in this day and age it sure seems so. As long as they say they were in fear of their lives. [emoji20]

That's not true. Other evidence is also analyzed in a police shooting investigation.

From pics in the Australian media, she was in her driveway, in front of a garage.

According to the American media in Minneapolis, she was 100 yards from her home in an alley. Which should I believe? The media who actually spoke to police or another country's media?

I personally wouldn't approach the police even if I called them... especially if I called them, but more for fear of being targeted by whoever I called about.

But this doesn't sound at all justified from what we know thus far. So sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

That's not true. Other evidence is also analyzed in a police shooting investigation.

There is not much evidence available since they did not turn on their cameras and the dash came was not on either.

There is nothing to support this speculation.

Did you read where his partner was shocked by his actions?

If I had called the police at 11:30 PM, I would have been watching for them, and been prepared to meet them to clarify the situation.

Actually the Michael Brown case does support my opinion.

I've seen no reports that quote the other officer nor have police commented about either officer.

She called 911 because she believed an assault was going on near her house. When police showed up, naturally she went up to the car. Never heard of police telling people not to approach their car if these people want to report a possible crime.

In Minnesota and Wisconsin also, I know from personal experience when you are stopped for speeding, you wait in your car. It never made sense to me as it seems that if you get out of the car, the LE are more at an advantage than if you are seated in your car having access to weapons.

When you make a police report, they ask who you are. Do they run info on the person who reports? I do know from getting a speeding ticket they know all about you, They knew I had a ticket ten years before .

I an wondering because they could assume Justine posed little danger

In Minnesota and Wisconsin also, I know from personal experience when you are stopped for speeding, you wait in your car. It never made sense to me as it seems that if you get out of the car, the LE are more at an advantage than if you are seated in your car having access to weapons.

When you make a police report, they ask who you are. Do they run info on the person who reports? I do know from getting a speeding ticket they know all about you, They knew I had a ticket ten years before .

I an wondering because they could assume Justine posed little danger

A call to 911 can be made anonymously. Even if she gave her name, the police would check out the area to see if there was an assault underway. I've never heard of police responding by first going to the door of the 911 caller.

A call to 911 can be made anonymously. Even if she gave her name, the police would check out the area to see if there was an assault underway. I've never heard of police responding by first going to the door of the 911 caller.

My experience has been that they do contact the original caller. As in, they've always come to my door, if I didn't meet them in the drive way.

YMMV

My experience has been that they do contact the original caller. As in, they've always come to my door, if I didn't meet them in the drive way.

YMMV

Her call to 911 was to report sounds she heard outside near the alley. Shouldn't police investigate first and then go to her door second?

Multiple reports that she was speaking with the other officer and that he was stunned by the shooting. Doesn't sound like she was threatening in any way. She was not "approaching" the vehicle. He also shot her multiple times. No one should be above the law.....

I agree, the public should be outraged and demand answers. Justine's family deserves to know the truth!

Never anonymous. They know who you are. Maybe not with cell phones ?

Never anonymous. They know who you are. Maybe not with cell phones ?

If the 911 center didn't know they would have asked her for her address so they would know where to send police. An alley usually has to be entered from a side street.

Audio of officer calling in after Justine shot

http://mnpoliceclips.com/Minneapolis-----XX-Washburn-Ave-S---ShootingIt-sounds-.html

"Female screaming behind the building" was what the dispatcher stated about the 911 call, according to the Star article.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/

Justine's 911 call hasn't been released nor do we know if Justine was still on her phone when she approached the car. Still a lot of questions.

I'd be shocked if the 911 operator remained on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken