IN - Kimberly 'Faith' Reed, 7 mos, suffocated, Indianapolis, 19 March 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
William Reed and Kathryn Turner have been arested in the death of thier 8 month old daughter, Kimberly Reed. Back in March baby Kimberly was found by her 4 year old sister on the floor of her parent's bedroom. Yes, found by a 4 year old who was checking on the baby.

Kimberly had fallen off the bed she was put on and fell on a plastic trash bag that covered her face. Alcohol was also found in her system and alcohol was found in trace amounts in her bottle.

Can you even imagine this poor sister at age 4 finding her sibling deceased on a floor?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080519/NEWS02/80519051

from flilly's link.

The baby, called Faith by her family, had been the subject of a state Department of Child Services case last year because she was born with marijuana and cocaine in her system, the affidavit says. Another case began in April 2007 based on living conditions at the home, police said.
======
she never had much of a chance in that family imo.

Where is the 4 year old now? Lots of prayers and hugs for her!

Salem

Where is the 4 year old now? Lots of prayers and hugs for her!

Salem

There was also another child in the home, Salem. Hopefully they've been placed together.

These poor babies. I hope they have been placed together and that they are safe and loved.

Salem

It is too bad that the baby was never removed from the home. She might be alive today. What kind of system allows a mother who uses drugs during her pregnancy to keep her baby? Anyone with any sense would know that a woman like that won't have the sense to take care of a baby.

from flilly's link.

The baby, called Faith by her family, had been the subject of a state Department of Child Services case last year because she was born with marijuana and cocaine in her system, the affidavit says. Another case began in April 2007 based on living conditions at the home, police said.
======
she never had much of a chance in that family imo.

I want to know why this baby and the other children were still in the parent's custody. They knew the mom was using. I was under the assumption that if a baby was born with drugs in their system they were taken in the custody right away.

another band up job by child protection workers:behindbar They should be behind bars too!

Just thinking of that poor baby lying on the floor in trash. ALCOHOL in her system?? Monster Mom was already doing COKE when she was pregnant! These kids should have been taken from these idiots a long time ago.

Unfreakingbelievable.... I don't know what to say right now. Well, I do, but I would definitely get banned. S.O.B.'s. I pray they never, ever see their other two children again or have custody of them. :mad:

I am soooo angry I could spit tacks!!!!!!

Why did the "male" get a stiffer sentence? Did he admit to putting the alcohol in the bottle or something?

Oh yeah, "recovering drug addicts" my butt. Real recovering addicts do not drink alcohol, much less use it to sedate an infant.

They looked pretty healthy to me. Drug addicts huh? I'm a thinking just down right trashy.

Unfreakingbelievable.... I don't know what to say right now. Well, I do, but I would definitely get banned. S.O.B.'s. I pray they never, ever see their other two children again or have custody of them. :mad:

I am soooo angry I could spit tacks!!!!!!

:furious: right along with you!

See how the system is, she gets visitation rights......how is it that he's more to blame for the stye around those children?! They both should of gotten equal sentencing. Well lets hope she gets her life together and turns it around for the good. anything is possible, but I dont see it. :rolleyes:

:furious: right along with you!

See how the system is, she gets visitation rights......how is it that he's more to blame for the stye around those children?! They both should of gotten equal sentencing. Well lets hope she gets her life together and turns it around for the good. anything is possible, but I dont see it. :rolleyes:

I agree, both should have gotten the same sentance and the child protection worker should be sitting behind bars for just as long!

What's the point of having CPS at all if they "monitor for a year," yet don't make the parents change their lifestyle??? CPS is at fault here, too. They knew what was going on, yet didn't remove the children from the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back