Portia Adds DeGeneres

Awesome-congratulations to both. That is a momentous decision.

Portia de Rossi now redirects to Portia DeGeneres.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_de_rossi[/ame]

Born Amanda Lee Rogers

(Congrats...but I need a Family Tree Map just for her name alone!)

ETA: I hope she will be known simply as Portia DeGeneres without the middle names. I changed my first name over 21 yrs ago but not yet legally; nonetheless, to this day, some friends/family insist on calling me by the old one. Surname changes are easier in this regard, methinks; after all, females have been doing that for centuries...which is what makes it so difficult to locate old friends known to me by their birth names rather than by those they took in marriage(s). Portia already got that down at age 15. ;-)

Good for her. Their wedding pictures were so sweet.

I say congrats to them - i think their relationship will last a long time (unlike Melissa Ethridge's). But, yet, I can't figure out why this is news :)

MOO

Mel

It wouldnt be news I suspect if others were allowed the ability to marry :)

I'm glad they're both happy and Portia has decided to reflect that happiness, commitment, and love with the changing of her name, but I like saying Portia de Rossi. It's a beautiful name for a beautiful lady.

I don't understand why she had to go through the court. She has a valid marriage certificate. She should have an automatic right to change her name. Maybe you have to do it within a certain amount of time after the marriage.

I don't understand why she had to go through the court. She has a valid marriage certificate. She should have an automatic right to change her name. Maybe you have to do it within a certain amount of time after the marriage.

I would think in her case it was a little more complicated-after all their marriage was undone before Prop 8 was overturned, correct? Better to just do it through the court for the fastest result perhaps.

I think they got married during the period before Prop 8 and those marriages still stand. They were not reversed, so as far as I know they are still legally married.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back