What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense strategy will never come down to an "accidental drowning." For that to happen ICA would have to admit that she had something to do with it and that she has lied about eveything up until this point. The problem is she will never admit that. She's a complete sociopath. She lives in her world of lies and will go to her grave talking about the imaginanny did it. An accident would probably be the defenses best bet at saving ICA, but she will never go for it.

Remember Tracy M said that ICA said JB told her the case (which at that time was "only" child neglect) would end in a mistrial? I'm beginning to think that has been the strategy. I somewhat wonder though if she was using the wrong term and if JB was actually saying the case would get thrown out. If so, she's probably really really really irritated that they haven't done so yet, and bewildered by all this talk of evidence and jury selection. IMO

bbm
I understand this statement was said BEFORE the Grand Jury indictment but
I have wondered WHY Baez believed (and told Casey) it would end in a mistrial?

What would be the reason(s) be for a mistrial?

IMO, I think Casey has never let go of that statement, not even after being indicted for Murder.

:twocents:

Have no fear, I do believe a guilty verdict will be reached...

Remember ICA's statment to police? She dropped Caylee off between 9am and 1pm...when does a mother not know the exact time they drop their child off at a babysitter or a daycare center??

Casey Anthony's Written Statement - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
first post at above link...

Zenaida all over that statement, all non existant 'friends'...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Casey will be THWARTED by her own cell phone when LE presents the report showing the cellphone Pings.

bbm
Her statement is :maddening:
IMO
It will be easy to tear her statement apart using the reports showing her cellphone ping. It will prove she never left the vicinity of the A home until after 4pm on June 16th.

Then we have George, who "recalled" Casey and Caylee did not leave until almost 1pm

The only truth to the "between 9am-1pm" is that was the time, then boyfriend, Tony L was in school

Have no fear, I do believe a guilty verdict will be reached...

Remember ICA's statment to police? She dropped Caylee off between 9am and 1pm...when does a mother not know the exact time they drop their child off at a babysitter or a daycare center??

Casey Anthony's Written Statement - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
first post at above link...

Zenaida all over that statement, all non existant 'friends'...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

An oldie but a goodie!!

bbm
I understand this statement was said BEFORE the Grand Jury indictment but
I have wondered WHY Baez believed (and told Casey) it would end in a mistrial?

What would be the reason(s) be for a mistrial?

IMO, I think Casey has never let go of that statement, not even after being indicted for Murder.

It was never clarified. If she really meant it would be thrown out I guess they figured we would find Zanny (and Caylee whooping it up in the parks) and it would be thrown out?:waitasec:

:bump:

After three days of hearings this week, what do we think? Is anyone getting a sense of where the defense is headed?

After three days of hearings this week, what do we think? Is anyone getting a sense of where the defense is headed?

After playing catchup today... I can't figure it out. Three days of hearings and I can't see when the defense made any points. If anyone else saw them, please enlighted me. I just got through YM testimony. First JB tried to show that her parents and Lee were agents of the sherrif's office...that didn't work. Then he tried to show that her rights had been violated by not giving CA her Miranda Rights...that didn't work even when she was taken to the sherrif's office after Universal she got a vistors' badge. I think he is throwing it up to see what will stick...and doing a poor job. This might just be how the trial is going to go...IMO

CB, I'm just as baffled as you. Which makes me wonder--have they REALLY not yet decided on which defense avenue to pursue? And with, what, 60+ days to go, they are still testing the waters to see what they can make the most hay with?

:waitasec: I'm gonna go ask the lawyers, dangit. If they are as confused as we are, then I just don't know what to think.

I think they are going to point the finger at somebody else, and say all of this time Casey was just covering for someone, and she was framed by them. imo

It's becoming more and more clear as time goes on that the defense doesn't have a strategy other than delay, deny, obscure and deflect! I think JB is just flinging chit at the wall to see if anything will stick!

I think they are going to point the finger at somebody else, and say all of this time Casey was just covering for someone, and she was framed by them. imo

But the minute they do this everything defense would want kept out would now be allowed in. She is still responsible for her child. If she let someone take the child and harm them and is COVERING for them she is just as responsible or even more so. She put her child in harms way and did nothing. KC has very little wiggle room.....smaller, much smaller than her cell.

Yep. Everyone in Florida is out to get KC. No one wants to see her have a fair trial. She's out-manned and made to grovel for monies to pay for her defense. She's being treated like a, I can't bring myself to say the word....... "commoner". jmo

CB, I'm just as baffled as you. Which makes me wonder--have they REALLY not yet decided on which defense avenue to pursue? And with, what, 60+ days to go, they are still testing the waters to see what they can make the most hay with?

:waitasec: I'm gonna go ask the lawyers, dangit. If they are as confused as we are, then I just don't know what to think.

I have heard CM has prostrate cancer, my DH has it and it's very aggressive sometimes, I don't see AF or DS or anyone death qualified staying on.They are just there to testify in a restricted area. So what happens? JB is not qualified for DP. CM maybe undergoing chemo... re: crusty throat, That's just my opinion...but I could see a mistrial...ICA will still be in jail and will drag it out longer, so I don't see ICA being to happy about that. Beats the heck out of me!

But the minute they do this everything defense would want kept out would now be allowed in. She is still responsible for her child. If she let someone take the child and harm them and is COVERING for them she is just as responsible or even more so. She put her child in harms way and did nothing. KC has very little wiggle room.....smaller, much smaller than her cell.

But most of that stuff will be coming in. The smell in the trunk, the nanny story, not reporting the child missing. Those things will be admitted. And she NEEDS an explanation for them.

We KNOW she made up the nanny story , and didn't report the child missing as a way to cover her own arse. But the defense needs to make her the victim, and say she was confused because her abuser, her authority figure was the real killer. And she did not know what to do. She was afraid for the rest of the family--of what he might do to them if she told.

ALL of the circumstantial evidence can be attributed to him as well. And he was also the last one to see the baby. So if that evidence is coming in anyway, this is the only way she can try and wiggle out of it.

She was framed by her abuser, and was too fragile and frightened to tell anyone. I think that if they get a jury who knows nothing about the case at all, that they might be able to convince a couple jurors that this is a possible scenario. imo

katydid, you are scaring me. How do the 31 days of partying and the texts about dead squirrels play into this nightmare scenario you describe?

:)seeya: Please do not read this as snarky. I am really wondering what it might take to get a jury to let her walk... :yow:)

The only thing I can think is they are trying to get everyones' statements to police thrown out so they can pretend the whole nanny story never existed. Where they go from there...I have no idea.

Ya know, I have been reading and watching the hearings, I am thinking that the ONLY ones they can go with doing this besides KC is Cindy or George and let me tell you why. The 15th or 9th of June is when Cindy said she visited her dad at the convelscent hospital and then went home with Caylee and had her in the pool. What if KC says she came home, her mom and Caylee were in the pool, she asked to go in, Cindy got mad at KC and that is when they got in the fight, Cindy choked KC, KC ran out and left Caylee there. SO now, Kc was coming back to see if Caylee was at the house and to grab her things. She can say she used Cindys credit cards to get back at her. It can be set up to be this way. IT REALLY depends on what and when things were found in the back yard. I heard something of signifigance was found on July 3rd that made cindy believe Caylee was dead, and then she wrote her deal on myspace....and Cindy sent Lee to find KC. It also depends on neighbors on what happened on the 9th or 15th with fight with Cindy and KC... was there witnesses? that will count for sure. Also it will matter on when Caylee was REALLY seen last.
It seems like we know a lot but we really don't.

The lies ICA told really have her in a literal box. If her lawyers truly had their client's best interest at heart they would plead. This is all about fame and money at this point, sorry to say.

Oh also, I do believe that the cops found a fake ID with Caseys picture with Amy's information and also an ID with Zaneida on it as I do believe Kc paid a ticket that Zaneida and Amy got. She got two tickets that she paid in person. they have proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member