2011.07.17 Casey Released From Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladiatorqueen - I've read and thought about many of your comments. Though I think differently from you, I am surprised at this post. You have argued your viewpoint - but not until now have you seemed to me to be naive.

People who are angry about Casey Anthony's deeds don't want her to be a productive and contributing member of society. As you must have read many times, people want to see some kind of consequence for her actions. We wanted a conviction, but failing that, some other kind of reckoning. That is not unreasonable.

She is indeed receiving special privileges - and it sticks in the collective caw.

Despite everything, you may want her to be accepted with open arms into society, but many of the rest of us do not.

I suspect you understand this sentiment more than you let on.

Naive? Please, I don't think you know nearly enough (um, actually nothing!) about me (or what I've seen) to make that sort of comment, but I'm willing to take it in stride.

She has been released from prison, but I have yet to see any special privileges. Her defense team has chosen to provide some protection and probably guidance to her through this initial part of her release. And thank goodness, did you see the mob of people outside of the prison who ran down the street trying to chase down the truck?

I am not asking a single person to "accept her with open arms." Please don't put words into my mouth.

A reckoning of some kind assumes that the public is "entitled" to what? Revenge? Justice by lynch mob? Trial by media? I am trying to understand that people feel entitled to dictate what happens to a person who has been acquitted.

The PUBLIC doesn't get to DECIDE who gets to be a productive and contributing member of society. Sorry, that just doesn't sit well with me.

PS: And what sentiment is it that I understand all too well?

Didn't she "manage" the shot girls. Didn't one of them say she was a motherly figure to them? :waitasec:

So, while her child was rotting in the trunk, then the woods, she was busy being a mother figure to a bunch of shot girls in a bar.

Great person huh.

Yes, and as I recall, it wasn't actually a 'job'. It was something she was doing for Tony.

I have not - do you have a link? Thanks.

jose-baez-wife.png

Mrs Baez ( I am told)

LOL.

Has anyone ever seen Mrs. Baez? :wink:

Shes quite the stunner. I dont think Jose is as obsessed with Casey as much as all the people who are following her life and have been living and breathing her everyday for 3 years.

I agree FCA is a dog compared to Baez's wife.

She would NOT be in Ohio for any reason I can think of, imo. She has no close ties to George's family, and they certainly dislike her right now.

Besides, Baez needs her close while he shops around their big ticket media opportunities. She cannot be so far away as Ohio at a time like this. She is stashed away in a safe house somewhere near Orlando, imo. She needs to be able to consult with Baez, sign papers, and be ready to do any media, quickly.

She is probably sitting in someone's master suite having her hair cut and colored by a personal stylist brought in and paid extra for her secrecy.

You can hire anyone you like.But don't put down a business that decides to pass on an admitted thief and liar.I guess she could get some kind of govt. job.Do they look at a persons background the same as the private sector?

Most do complete background checks :rocker:

Naive? Please, I don't think you know nearly enough (um, actually nothing!) about me (or what I've seen) to make that sort of comment, but I'm willing to take it in stride.

She has been released from prison, but I have yet to see any special privileges. Her defense team has chosen to provide some protection and probably guidance to her through this initial part of her release. And thank goodness, did you see the mob of people outside of the prison who ran down the street trying to chase down the truck?

I am not asking a single person to "accept her with open arms." Please don't put words into my mouth.

A reckoning of some kind assumes that the public is "entitled" to what? Revenge? Justice by lynch mob? Trial by media? I am trying to understand that people feel entitled to dictate what happens to a person who has been acquitted.

The PUBLIC doesn't get to DECIDE who gets to be a productive and contributing member of society. Sorry, that just doesn't sit well with me.

PS: And what sentiment is it that I understand all too well?

The public does get to decide who gets to be a productive and contributing member of society. Because society is the public.
Whoever hires her or denies her a job is a public person.

Not many will hire a convicted felon.

As a mother of 2 girls who work only part time, as they both are still in High School, I know what they earn and what they spend it on, and they do not earn a lot, but they save some for events that they want to attend concerts etc, and they buy most of all their clothes, did her parents not notice that she bought nothing, how did she just buy gifts Xmas Birthday etc, for the life of me I can not figure that one out, as we are talking years not months
anyone ideas please

I was wondering the same exact thing.

Yes, I would give someone like her a chance if I deemed them capable.

I agree she probably does need counseling.

It is going to be a tough road to climb as it is for anyone who has been incarcerated and charged with felonies. It will take much effort on her part to rebuild her life and character. However, that isn't the point I am making.

My point is that people should leave her alone so she can get on with doing this.

For any therapy to be remotely successful, Casey will have to open up about what happened. I neither think she wants to nor CAN. I seriously doubt that any form of therapy will be successful in her case. Besides she already fooled the psychologists that evaluated her in prison. There is no way she is withing the "normal" - and the only thing that is somewhat remarkable is that she has male interests when is comes to sports.
She is just going to lie, lie and lie. Just a waste of money.

LOL.

Has anyone ever seen Mrs. Baez? :wink:

Shes quite the stunner. I dont think Jose is as obsessed with Casey as much as all the people who are following her life and have been living and breathing her everyday for 3 years.
As we seen time and time again in Hollywood, men will cheat on the most beautiful women and often trade down in doing so.

That said, I agree, no way Baez would touch a dog like Casey when he has a true beauty at home.

She would NOT be in Ohio for any reason I can think of, imo. She has no close ties to George's family, and they certainly dislike her right now.

Besides, Baez needs her close while he shops around their big ticket media opportunities. She cannot be so far away as Ohio at a time like this. She is stashed away in a safe house somewhere near Orlando, imo. She needs to be able to consult with Baez, sign papers, and be ready to do any media, quickly.

She is probably sitting in someone's master suite having her hair cut and colored by a personal stylist brought in and paid extra for her secrecy.

Frankly, what kind of action could she find in Ohio.

Yeah, but you know that she had to have a flicker of fear, knowing the world hates her and the stylist has sharp scissors. Can she really trust anyone since everyone mistrusts her? No.

I don't think it's entirely about seeing her fail. Any business has a right to protect itself from thieving employees.Best way to prevent that is to not hire an admitted thief and liar in the first place.A persons actions should have consequences.MOO.

I own a business and I would hire her. I admit, I may not hire her to handle money until I got to know her. but that would be the same for anyone I hired. The reason I would not hire her is because I could not afford to have the media and protesters outside all day long and I would not want the threats that she is getting. I would not want to be on television as I do not want my "15 minutes of fame". I am sure there are others that would hire her if not for the media attention and the Casey hating public that would follow her with their picket signs wherever she worked.

She was acquitted by a jury of her peers, just like anyone else that is acquitted in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow