MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an awful story! And I hate to hear people using words that make them appear more sympathetic or "good" than they are. Just like the guys on the corners with signs that say "disabled veteran." If they were disabled veterans, they could get help from the VA. My husband IS a veteran and retired after 20 years, so these kinds of people just really irk me.:maddening:

Dang! I almost left out the most intriguing detail.

He dressed up as a CLOWN to commit this crime!

The garbage in the household will tell alot. Open formula cans...when and what baby Lisa ate last. Dirty Diapers...when and how often she was changed that previous day, if at all. Contents of diapers...was she truly ill? Any Meds in her system? Do the amount of diapers add up reasonably to the amount of time that baby Lisa was missing. There should be close to a certain number of used diapers for a baby that age. Also scrutinize picture in the house. Try to get a pic of the outfit mom describes as last outfit worn. Look for blankets that might now be missing. Mom said she fed Lisa a bottle that night before laying her down. Is that bottle there? Was it cleaned? Residue of any contents? Did the boys see baby Lisa that night before bedtime or were they told she was sick and not to be bothered?

Awesome post IMO!!!

Does anyone know what time elementary gets out around there? I wonder if the boys are picked up or take the bus. And then further, if anyone saw Lisa around the time the boys got out/home. It is unreal that not one person has come out and said "i saw Lisa @ 5 pm that day."
Unless I missed the last known sighting of this baby. I know she was at a party Sunday. Then nothing

eta: I am so not sleuthing these poor boys. Just looking into what mom & Lisa could be doing w/ their time.

BBM: I am still searching for a link referencing Deborah's "friend" & kids OR a neighbor at the house until 1030p the night (school night?) prior to Lisa being reported missing.

And what time did Lisa's dad go to work? That would be another sighting. I cannot help but think the boys have been questioned by LE, their parents & gparents.

The most baffling thing about this case to me is why not poly the father?

Hi everybody. I'm reading like a madwoman, trying to catch up. I did want to say one thing though, because I keep seeing it suggested as a possibility: I don't think she was taken by someone to be raised as their own unless it was family or close friend. Someone that does that sort of thing is more likely to go after a pregnant woman or a newborn, so that they can pass the baby off as theirs. It's kind of hard to pass of a ten month old as your own without someone stating the obvious.

Also, I do understand where the posters are coming from when they ask what the chances re that someone would just randomly kidnap her out of her bed, but it does happen, with no apparent rhyme nor reason as to the victim choice. There was a 16 year old girl in my hometown that stole an infant from the mother's car, in front of her house, in a fifteen second window of time, and then disappeared with the baby. It took them almost a full day to find her. The mother and baby were both strangers to her, and she hadn't been faking a pregnancy. She just decided that she wanted a baby, so she took one. The mother was taking groceries in, left the baby in the car, with the door open so she could watch her, and while she was facing the door, and getting her key in the lock the teenager grabbed the baby and took off. It can literally happen that fast. So, it's feasible, but I think there are a lot of holes in the story here, so I'm not quite sure that it's the most plausible explanation in this case.

First time poster here!!

Does the handyman live in the neighborhood or did he just work in the neighborhood? I can't remember if this has been addressed yet.

So when the parents supplied names of a dozen suspects, did the handyman not make the list? When DH & I were talking about the dozen suspects he said "well the handyman would be on ours". I would think that the police would have him on the list w/o us saying so, I thought the list of suspects included people the police wouldn't suggest.

Our handyman is so creepy. The other handyman in the area is an RSO. Classic.

Could be that he was not a handyman for them but for a neighbor. Lisa and her mom would sit outside in front of the house often...maybe that is how he seen her..When they started asking neighbors could be they learned of him early on but couldn't find him. I wonder if that is why they were searching the woods so carefully. Maybe when they were out there there was evidence of someone camping there. I also thought it could have been from pings on the phone. I did notice on the map in the beginning they went in one direction..makes me wonder if they were following pings.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44843610/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TpMRJZua9ak

"Detectives also went door to door asking neighbors about a local handyman who hasn't been seen since the infant, NBC News reported. In addition, investigators used metal detectors to scan the family's yard, and again searched a local landfill in a hunt for clues to the baby's disappearance."

I'm really curious as to why they took the DNA from the teen. Makes me think they do have some type of evidence...maybe the teen said they never have been inside Lisa's room and found something there..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

"On Friday, investigators questioned a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents and forensic experts took a DNA sample"

Something about the parent's tv plea strikes me as susan smith-ish. It definitely wasn't Mark Lunsford-ish. Actually, he reminded me of josh powell.

He reminds me of Kyron Horman's Dad. I think he's partly angry, numb and doesn't know what to think since he wasn't there. His alibi has checked out or we would hear differently. Then again maybe we will in the near future, hard to tell what LE are thinking right now.

Did Susan Smith eventually confess or admit to killing her boys? I was pretty young when that crime occurred and I don't remember the specifics. The reason I ask is that Deborah seems to not be an unflappable Casey Anthony type to me and I feel that if Deborah is responsible, she will eventually crack and confess or admit to something.

JMO

Yes. Susan Smith was being interrogated b a very clever cop. He told her her story about a traffic light being red was not true because it was switched to caution light in the hours she claims she was there. Or something similar. Then she cracked and told him she had something to tell him. Such a horrible story.

Also, do we know if the teen was a male or female? I think I heard male but I've heard so much stuff in this case

Wow, the thought of a handyman doing these things makes me glad I married my hubby, lol. Between the two of us we have never had to have someone come in and do any work other than work on an ac and we knew that guy for many years. I had small children at the time, but never thought of something like this happening. It's getting real scarey in these times.

I did have a guy come to my moms when I was pregnant (many yrs ago) with my son, he was looking for scrap metal (we always have extra auto's and stuff on or land). He was so nice and told me I would have a boy on a tuesday, I did. This same man came to my house after we moved further away when I was pregnant again, he said it was a girl and she would be born on a tuesday, I did. This has always freaked me out a little.

I keep seeing people say she could have been taken by a burglar to be sold b/c white blond hair, blue eyed babies bring a hefty price.

My question: How frequent is this done in the US? Why Lisa? There are millions of blond hair blue eyed babies, why was Lisa targeted? I've been trying to find out how common this is, but am not coming up with any statistics. IMO this is the least likely scenario.

So our options being:

1. taken by stranger to raise as their own
2. taken by stranger to be sold or for other illegal activities (including RSO)
3. taken by a friend or family member to raise as their own or to harm Lisa or punish the parents
4. taken by someone familiar with the family to hurt parents (ie. estranged spouse with the thinking "you took my kid, i'll take yours")
5. accidental death covered up by mom or dad
6. mom or dad staged a kidnapping to hide her from the other, (so there will be no custody battle when they split, or any other reason)
7. mom or dad disposed of Lisa for unknown reasons

Any other scenarios I'm missing?

being sold as a blue-eyed blonde girl here in the good old USA or somewhere else on the planet

Again, my girlfriend applied to adopt a white baby boy anticipating his arrival at least 9 months out . . . she adopted Attyxus 2 months after application. This was all legal, no doubt as she is an atty.

If we are looking at all the wild possibilities, why not this one?

Post lands at random

Please stay on topic.

BBM: I am still searching for a link referencing Deborah's "friend" & kids OR a neighbor at the house until 1030p the night prior to Lisa being reported missing.

And what time did Lisa's dad go to work? That would be another sighting. I cannot help but think the boys have been questioned by LE, their parents & gparents.

Krimekat, I've been trying to find transcripts to the whole Judge Jeanine show to no avail. Somewhere in all of the videos about Lisa, the mom says something about the kids being in the bedroom with bunkbeds watching a movie with neighbor kids etc.

I'm trying not to get put in time out (again) by my Hughesnet internet, so I can't watch all of the videos to tell you exactly which one. But it's one of these:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justice-jeanine/index.html

First time poster here!!

Does the handyman live in the neighborhood or did he just work in the neighborhood? I can't remember if this has been addressed yet.

Welcome to WS, tjredline!

Infants are molested all the time, most of the ones I've heard of the perp was a family member. However, if a family member can do it, I guess it's not out of the realm for someone a bit more removed to do it. There are all kinds of sick people out there.

Yes...sadly, for any sick, perverted thing we can think up in our own normal heads, there are some out there who will have a fetish for it....

Toby,
I read that a neighbor was over at the house on the afternoon before Lisa disappeared. I think the neighbor and her child came over, and their child played with the boys/watched a movie. Sorry,do not have a link, it is back in this super fast moving thread....MOO

cannot wait for this link . . . searching

wait, check this out: But the couple are sticking to their story that little Lisa Irwin was abducted from her crib after Bradley put her to bed at 10:30pm Monday. I thought she put Lisa down at 730p & went to bed at 1030p . . . found while searching for neighbor at the house that night watching a movie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Jeremy-cooperating-again.html#ixzz1aOTprRtT

Poor reporting? Dang . . . we can refute this

The garbage in the household will tell alot. Open formula cans...when and what baby Lisa ate last. Dirty Diapers...when and how often she was changed that previous day, if at all. Contents of diapers...was she truly ill? Any Meds in her system? Do the amount of diapers add up reasonably to the amount of time that baby Lisa was missing. There should be close to a certain number of used diapers for a baby that age. Also scrutinize picture in the house. Try to get a pic of the outfit mom describes as last outfit worn. Look for blankets that might now be missing. Mom said she fed Lisa a bottle that night before laying her down. Is that bottle there? Was it cleaned? Residue of any contents? Did the boys see baby Lisa that night before bedtime or were they told she was sick and not to be bothered?

EXCELLENT post and great questions I would love the answers to also! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member