POI in Lindsey's Case

Baum_person_of_interest.jpg

Looks more like 9:20am than 9:20pm.

Investigators have only recently shared the video with the man, Scott said. He would not discuss how the man reacted when he was shown the video.

Scott said the existence of the video was withheld from the public, and from the person of interest, at the advice of the FBI, which is assisting the Sheriff’s Office with the investigation.

Investigators released the video in attempt to identify two women who briefly spoke with the man in the store, Scott said. There is no audio, he said.

Scott said Thursday that a detective had spoken to one of the women, who identified the other as her sister. Investigators have scheduled interviews with both; it’s unknown when that will happen.

“What they saw, heard or observed could be important to us,” Scott said.

Investigators think Baum, 10 at the time of her disappearance, is the victim of foul play.

“His motive for not telling us the truth at the onset is something we’re interested in and are continuing to look at,” Scott said of the man. “We’ve known this video was in conflict with what we were being told.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/...ased-of-person-of-interest.html#storylink=cpy

http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2012/02/09/13/26/32-fCnpa.St.38.jpg?height=449&width=600

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/09/2028330/video-released-of-person-of-interest.html

he gives me the utter creeps...

in the cctv video he keeps looking out the door of the store (he did it like 5-6 or more times in just a few seconds)...

eta: I just counted: he looked out the front of the store 7 times in 30 some seconds.

Not only does he look out the door, but he makes eye contact and speaks directly to the cashier AND the lady who comes up behind him two times. He also drops something, then after his purchase is made he nods and maybe (can't tell for sure) says something to the cashier again before walking out the door. Is he an outgoing friendly man normally? What is his personality like when not on camera? It is like he WANTS people to remember his presence in this store at this exact moment. Setting up an alibi perhaps?

FWIW... I think the reporter must be reading here on WS! How come he didn't do this story with the list of what was taken in the warrants months ago? JenniferO had access to these records then. It's good that Lindsey is in the news again, but I find it kind of... odd that he just yesterday went to the courthouse and obtained the paperwork himself. Right about the time that we started talking about it again. ;)

Ok, carry on. Just my :twocents::twocents:

Prayers for Lindsey

I just reviewed the timeline. 9:15 seems to be the last time Lindsey was seen walking. That leaves a 5 minute gap between that sighting and the sighting of Tim Hartman at the gas station at 9:20.

I don't know what this man's normal demeanor is like but I do find him kind of "jumpy" (almost tweaker-ish) and anxious with looking around at everyone and out the door 7 times in 30 seconds like nursebeeme counted. That with his conversation attempts with the people around him really make me think he is in that store with a reason to be SEEN at that particular time.

5 minutes was enough time for a person to subdue Lindsey and have her in a vehicle. Perhaps this POI wanted to be seen in this tape on purpose and also if anyone said they saw him in the area he can always state, "Well yeah I was buying chips at the gas station."

I'm a big one on body language, words, and purposeful actions. The more I watch this video the more my mind wanders.

FWIW... I think the reporter must be reading here on WS! How come he didn't do this story with the list of what was taken in the warrants months ago? JenniferO had access to these records then. It's good that Lindsey is in the news again, but I find it kind of... odd that he just yesterday went to the courthouse and obtained the paperwork himself. Right about the time that we started talking about it again. ;)

Ok, carry on. Just my :twocents::twocents:

Prayers for Lindsey

A little birdy (not me) put a bug in his ear that the paperwork was available. A judge sealed the probable cause info but not the items seized paperwork. It seems the courthouse here in Montesano likes people to be very technical when asking for these papers. The news crews might have asked for probable cause papers and were told they were sealed so they figured everything was sealed.
:)

I just reviewed the timeline. 9:15 seems to be the last time Lindsey was seen walking. That leaves a 5 minute gap between that sighting and the sighting of Tim Hartman at the gas station at 9:20.

I don't know what this man's normal demeanor is like but I do find him kind of "jumpy" (almost tweaker-ish) and anxious with looking around at everyone and out the door 7 times in 30 seconds like nursebeeme counted. That with his conversation attempts with the people around him really make me think he is in that store with a reason to be SEEN at that particular time.

5 minutes was enough time for a person to subdue Lindsey and have her in a vehicle. Perhaps this POI wanted to be seen in this tape on purpose and also if anyone said they saw him in the area he can always state, "Well yeah I was buying chips at the gas station."

I'm a big one on body language, words, and purposeful actions. The more I watch this video the more my mind wanders.

The timelines on the forums are a bit off. I don't know that the LE has released the "official" time line or not so I'm not going to post it. But if TH is who took Lindsey it would have been AFTER he was at Mikes Market that night. Not sure if he was planning something, if he's always nervous like that or if he was genuinely in a hurry and that's why he was dropping stuff and looking around.

So with that tight timeline, are we suggesting that Lindsey was in his car already when he was buying chips in the market?

If so, it had to have been a quick kidnapping. Maybe he was already in his car in the lot when she walked by.Maybe he offered her a ride home?

ETA: JenniferO, just saw your post above mine. I thought the timeline was a bit tight. So yes, it is possible it happened right after he left the store. He may look nervous because he was 'tweaking' and he happened upon her as he left the market.

The article from the Vidette mentions that the time in the video is an hour off but that is the only time I have heard this. That would make the time around 8:20pm. Wish I had a link.

The article from the Vidette mentions that the time in the video is an hour off but that is the only time I have heard this. That would make the time around 8:20pm. Wish I had a link.

I hadn't heard this either.

What is the exact quote say in the paper? Who says the time stamp is an hour off?

The timelines on the forums are a bit off. I don't know that the LE has released the "official" time line or not so I'm not going to post it. But if TH is who took Lindsey it would have been AFTER he was at Mikes Market that night. Not sure if he was planning something, if he's always nervous like that or if he was genuinely in a hurry and that's why he was dropping stuff and looking around.

Well hmm... That is interesting and thanks for the little birdy told the reporter tid bit also. :)

I used his "Graduated from Lincoln Highschool in Gahanna, OH in 1976" info from his fb and searched Namus for any other similar cases during that era. There are 2 younger girls that went missing: Tiffany Papesh who was 8 in 1980 and Lori Lloyd who was 13 in 1976. Both were in Ohio but fairly far away from Gahanna. I did think it was sad to see that both girls were walking to a store and never returned home.

Ok, one more question and then I will quit for the day!

I know someone had mentioned the hand held radio in his hands a few pages or threads back. My question is, would this radio have police dispatch on it also or just fire?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back