New DNA test in New Zealand on Madeleine McCann look-alike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The DNA sample is being obtained at the request of Scotland Yard, according to the newspaper. The McCann look-alike is reportedly said to have a coloboma of the iris -- the same rare eye defect that McCann has, and is approximately nine years old, like Madeleine.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...ann-look-alike/?test=latestnews#ixzz2KMQPfz6y

The last sighting was New Year’s Eve, when a store clerk in Queenstown reported that a peculiar man came into the store where she worked with a shy young girl who looked “just like Madeleine.” The police went on a five-day manhunt to chase down the little girl, whose parents are transient.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...tings-in-new-zealand-lead-to-dna-request.html

British police have asked for a DNA sample from a girl in New Zealand said to bear a striking resemblance to the missing British girl Madeleine McCann.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/06...r-dna-of-new-zealand-lookalike/#ixzz2KMRMc1P5

It was reported that the girl has been mistaken for Madeleine more than once, because she has a similar mark in one of her eyes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-dna-taken-from-lookalike-1589231

She does bear a remarkable resemblance to Madeleine, and the iris defect is would be a strange coincidence.

I was just rushing over here to post this. Wowza. She indeed bears a striking resemblance. Now to go back and read the actual article...

The article is saying that this same girl has been reported to LE several times over the past five years. LE has seen her before and are convinced that it is not Madeleine... :(

bbm

The request follows a New Year's Eve sighting of the girl in Queenstown. It was not the first time her striking resemblance to the missing young British girl had been reported to police.

Detective Senior Sergeant Kallum Croudis, of Dunedin, confirmed police would be sending a DNA profile of the girl to British police investigating Madeleine's disappearance.

"Police will be sending a DNA profile to British police . . . to confirm the identity of a girl who has been mistaken for Madeleine by a member of the public," Mr Croudis said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/dna-of-...-sent-to-uk-20130206-2dx9c.html#ixzz2KMopyzGk

She does bear a remarkable resemblance to Madeleine, and the iris defect is would be a strange coincidence.

Well.. we were both 'taken' by that photo. It's a computer generated age-progression of Madeleine.

The Metropolitan Police shows a composite photo of four-year-old missing child Madeleine McCann and an age progression computer generated image of her at 9 years old.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/wo...-mccann/?intcmp=related#slide=1#ixzz2KMqLOLfx

Sad to say, if this same girl has been reported as being Madeleine numerous times and LE has seen her, she would no longer be in the area if she were in fact Madeleine. Whoever took her would have moved elsewhere, IMO.

:sigh:

Well, that was misleading!! Of course it's gonna look like her........ duh!

Not nessicarily ..I have allways said the best hiding spot is in plane sight...and if the LE said no just on the parents story the familly has nothing to fear if it is her they know the cops dont think so so why bother to take off ...I don't know if its her or not but WOW It's pretty remarkable how much they look alike and a DNA test is for sure warranted here i say.....

Not nessicarily ..I have allways said the best hiding spot is in plane sight...and if the LE said no just on the parents story the familly has nothing to fear if it is her they know the cops dont think so so why bother to take off ...I don't know if its her or not but WOW It's pretty remarkable how much they look alike and a DNA test is for sure warranted here i say.....

No pictures have been printed of the child who is being DNA tested, so we've no idea whether they look alike. The two photographs in that article are both of Madeliene McCann.

No pictures have been printed of the child who is being DNA tested, so we've no idea whether they look alike. The two photographs in that article are both of Madeliene McCann.

I think the second "Photograph" is not Madeleine McCann, but an age-progression LE tool which was computer generated of what they believe a nine-year-old Madeleine would look like.

i posted this on the other thread, confirmed, the NZ girl is NOT madeleine

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10865099

And this is what people think

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccann-lookalike-dna-test-negative-020847743.html

Meanwhile Gerry Mccann is acting the little Hitler in the Uk asking the govt to put gags on the press LOL, like hell they will

Google hacked off for all the stories

Hello? mr M, this country has fought two world wars to keep freedom, you the hell do you think you are to control it, muppet
meanwhile Gerry Mccann has been throwing his toys out if his pram because the prime minister said no, awww diddums

Worried about the truth coming out about your holiday? Shame isnt it

NOT satisfied in getting 1.5 million pounds from the papers NOT satisfied in getting 3M from the public not satisfied with getting 3 M fromthe British Govt review, NOT satisfied with the PJ and UK police doing a 3M investigation at the time, NOT satisfied with the SUN newspaper giving them half a million pounds for serialising their book, NOT satisfied that the media have NEVER publicised a missing child so much ever, they STILL complain, are they anything but ungrateful bastards?

For those not familiar with the leveson inuiry, Gerry McCann was one of many, many people who were asked to give evidence about press standards to Leveson (others included parents of murdered children). Gerry Mccann was one of many people who helped to launch a campaign by the hacked off campaign group for tougher press regulation after it was found the press were hacking into phones including those of murdered children and terror victims. There was even suspicion in one case that they deleted messages from the phone of a missing girl giving false hope that she was still alive to her parents (sadly she was later found murdered). This is what sparked the calls for press regulation, but the practice of printing false stories about people also garnered much public support for regulation. Within a couple of days of the petition being launched it had been signed by nearly two hundred thousand people. One of the problem is that whilst the press can and are sued for libel when they print false stories, and in some cases found guilty of contempt of court, it can often be that only the rich or those like the mccanns who manage to get conditional fee arrangements can get vindicated in the courts, others have to put up with the libel and it can destroy lives.

As for the yahoo comments, it should be noted that a small group from an anti mccann forum are telling each other to comment here numerous times to make it look like lots more people do not like the mccanns. It is quite sad really.

For those not familiar with the leveson inuiry, Gerry McCann was one of many, many people who were asked to give evidence about press standards to Leveson (others included parents of murdered children). Gerry Mccann was one of many people who helped to launch a campaign by the hacked off campaign group for tougher press regulation after it was found the press were hacking into phones including those of murdered children and terror victims. There was even suspicion in one case that they deleted messages from the phone of a missing girl giving false hope that she was still alive to her parents (sadly she was later found murdered). This is what sparked the calls for press regulation, but the practice of printing false stories about people also garnered much public support for regulation. Within a couple of days of the petition being launched it had been signed by nearly two hundred thousand people. One of the problem is that whilst the press can and are sued for libel when they print false stories, and in some cases found guilty of contempt of court, it can often be that only the rich or those like the mccanns who manage to get conditional fee arrangements can get vindicated in the courts, others have to put up with the libel and it can destroy lives.

As for the yahoo comments, it should be noted that a small group from an anti mccann forum are telling each other to comment here numerous times to make it look like lots more people do not like the mccanns. It is quite sad really.

thousands of yahoo comments cannot be attributed to a few dozen people, get a grip
:facepalm:

And lets not forget the disgusting episode of an innocent family having to give dna to prove their daughter was their own, just cos some wally thought she looked like maddie mccann, i cant think of anything more disgusting intrusive and shameful, i hope the mccanns sent a letter of apology!

thousands of yahoo comments cannot be attributed to a few dozen people, get a grip
:facepalm:

And lets not forget the disgusting episode of an innocent family having to give dna to prove their daughter was their own, just cos some wally thought she looked like maddie mccann, i cant think of anything more disgusting intrusive and shameful, i hope the mccanns sent a letter of apology!

Why should they apologise, several people reported the child looked like a kidnap victim what are police supposed to do ignore it?

If people want to know the truth of the leveson inquiry the report and witness statements are on the inquiry's website.

Why should they apologise, several people reported the child looked like a kidnap victim what are police supposed to do ignore it?

If people want to know the truth of the leveson inquiry the report and witness statements are on the inquiry's website.

The NZ police were satisfied from viewing documents birth records photos school reports and all sorts that this child was that familys child

Why was this not enough? Why indignify them to satisfy some stupid people the media or the Mccanns who demanded a bloody dna test, disgraceful at best

the poor kid was only 4 or so when spotted in 2010 so impossible it was her anyway!!!!!

The NZ police were satisfied from viewing documents birth records photos school reports and all sorts that this child was that familys child

Why was this not enough? Why indignify them to satisfy some stupid people the media or the Mccanns who demanded a bloody dna test, disgraceful at best

the poor kid was only 4 or so when spotted in 2010 so impossible it was her anyway!!!!!

I don't understand what your problem is with this DNA test. The girl was mistaken twice, in a short space of time, as being Madeleine. As unfortunate as it is that this girl bares a resemblance, A DNA test is hardly indignified in such a situation. The parents are probably extremely happy that the situation has been fully put to rest. The police did a thorough job just as they should.

I don't understand what your problem is with this DNA test. The girl was mistaken twice, in a short space of time, as being Madeleine. As unfortunate as it is that this girl bares a resemblance, A DNA test is hardly indignified in such a situation. The parents are probably extremely happy that the situation has been fully put to rest. The police did a thorough job just as they should.

There is no "problem" with DNA testing in and of itself. It's a wonderful tool.

There may be a problem with DNA testing, however, if the accusers (in this case, the McCanns) are harassing and haranguing innocent and uninvolved people intentionally.

If, (as I believe the evidence will eventually prove) Madeleine did not leave the resort alive, then accusing folks in New Zealand, Russia, Bulgaria, Mexico, of having your child and forcing DNA testing when they KNOW Madeleine is deceased - well, I would think everyone has a problem with that.

Those close to the case know that so many innocent people have been accused by the McCann camp, they can't all possibly be guilty, but that hasn't stopped them having their lives wrecked by accusation and innuendo.

Ask Robert Murat what he thinks of these allegations.

:cow:

There is no "problem" with DNA testing in and of itself. It's a wonderful tool.

There may be a problem with DNA testing, however, if the accusers (in this case, the McCanns) are harassing and haranguing innocent and uninvolved people intentionally.

If, (as I believe the evidence will eventually prove) Madeleine did not leave the resort alive, then accusing folks in New Zealand, Russia, Bulgaria, Mexico, of having your child and forcing DNA testing when they KNOW Madeleine is deceased - well, I would think everyone has a problem with that.

Those close to the case know that so many innocent people have been accused by the McCann camp, they can't all possibly be guilty, but that hasn't stopped them having their lives wrecked by accusation and innuendo.

Ask Robert Murat what he thinks of these allegations.

:cow:

BBM

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of this whatsoever. Standard police procedure, where the family was requested to give a DNA sample and they voluntarily did. Why would anyone refuse? It's not some horrific procedure is it.

Anything else is a difference in opinion.

The girl in NZ's family probably couldn't get DNA testing done fast enough to stop the stories that their daughter was in fact Madeleine. This case is so incredibly sad. I believe Madeleine is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member