Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know why Jun Lin was there, and I don't see why it matters tbh. Maybe he went there to hook up with LM, maybe not. One of LM's neighbours said that LM invited him to go round that night to talk about movies but he declined - it could have been something like that. Maybe he just met jl on a bus and they hit it off and he invited him round to watch a movie, then offered him a glass of drugged wine. That would explain why the cops couldn't figure out how they knew each other - you'd think they'd have found evidence of communication between the two on either LM or JL's computers if they’d met on a gay website or something like that. Unless JL volunteered to be killed, or LM claims he was so delusional that he THOUGHT JL wanted to be killed, it doesn't really make a difference to the case IMO. And since JL was drugged I don't think anyone will believe that excuse anyway!

That's a very good point - There's no 'digital footprint' connecting them been found by LE Experts.

LE have stated they still don't know how they met.

* Thou I recall talk of JL working in a store Magnotta used ?? *

BBM We pretty much know this is fact now so JL was clearly NOT a willing 'victim'.
And by having these drugs ready Magnotta clearly knew & prepared for that !

Whoa...he had invited a neighbour over that night? :eek:

Yeah, that's what the neighbour told the press, anyway. Who knows how true it is. The neighbour was Derek MacKinnon, who had acted in a movie called "Terror Train", in which he played a serial killer.

"MacKinnon says he was the only resident of the apartment building who regularly spoke with Magnotta, whom he described as quiet and well-kept. The two occasionally chatted about the film industry.
"I knew he had acted in *advertiser censored* films," MacKinnon said. "Besides, everyone on the block knew. He was nicknamed 'the *advertiser censored* star.'"
He said Magnotta was cold at first but soon warmed up once he learned about MacKinnon's past.
"I'm sure he went to see who I was on the Internet since a few days later he asked me for advice about how to quit the *advertiser censored* industry and get roles in real productions," MacKinnon said"
MacKinnon hasn't slept much since Lin's remains were found and he wonders if he could have been the victim had things turned out differently.
"The night it happened, Magnotta had invited me to spend the evening with him to talk more about film," the actor recalled. "I was busy, so I turned him down."

Bolded by me. Link to the article:
http://m.torontosun.com/2012/06/04/magnotta-inspired-by-slasher-flick

Whoa...he had invited a neighbour over that night? :eek:

Luka Rocco Magnotta sought as body parts case turns into horror ...

He said he saw Magnotta bring home a male five nights ago, an unusual sight because he never previously saw the young man with anyone. He saw Magnotta leave the building the next morning wearing a red wig. “I thought, ‘What is going on with that?’ ”

Mackinnon then began to cry, as he revealed that Magnotta had asked him to come to his apartment to see him, also five days ago.

“I wonder,” he whispered, “if that could have been me.”

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...s_body_parts_case_turns_into_horror_show.html

The Dobson case in Barrie has wrapped up and apparently is being heard by judge only. He will render a verdict in December. Should be interesting.

Warning...graphic content

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/09/20140922-200117.html

**http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/23/man-on-trial-in-satanic-killings-extremely-ill-his-lawyer-says

Oh Good Grief !
I haven't read about this 'horror story' before :blushing:

But found this quote interesting:

“There was a lot of thought-out detail for someone who was in a psychotic state,” Crown attorney Shannon Curry said in her closing.

*from ^^ Toronto Sun

The Dobson case in Barrie has wrapped up and apparently is being heard by judge only. He will render a verdict in December. Should be interesting.

Warning...graphic content

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/09/20140922-200117.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/23/man-on-trial-in-satanic-killings-extremely-ill-his-lawyer-says

He definitely sounds mentally ill to me! But I would not want him back on the streets! There should be a way for a judge to sentence people like this to life in a secure psychiatric hospital - not being punished, but being looked after, medicated and separated from the general population so they can't do any harm in the future if their symptoms recur and they become dangerous again. Releasing them as soon as they are deemed to be in remission is too risky when they have done things like this in the past. But I wonder how people with genuine severe mental illnesses fare in a normal prison? Not too well, I should think.

Religious cases are tricky though, because it's not necessarily a sign of mental illness to believe in demons and the like. People who believe that the government are watching their every move are deemed to be delusional, but people who think that god is watching their every move are not if that's a normal belief within their culture. IMO, if you actual hear demons talking to you you're probably mentally ill, but when I was doing teacher training at a religious university there were a lot of born-again Christians there who swore that they literally saw the holy ghost during church services, and one guy told me that Satan literally spoke to him at night and tempted him to do bad things. To me, that sounds like a sure sign of mental illness but these were quite common beliefs amongst these born again christians and the people didn't show any other signs of mental illness.

There was a guy in Scotland who murdered his friend because he said that a vampire from a movie appeared to him and told him he must kill to become a vampire. The defence claimed he was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia but three prosecution witnesses said that he suffered from anti-social personality disorder and was either inventing or exaggerating his "hallucinations" in an attempt to get a lighter sentence. He was found to be sane at the time of the killing and went to prison, where he later killed himself.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3168520.stm

I suppose this guy was pretty much written off as someone looking for his 15 minutes? I don't really believe much of what he said TBH. And it looks like LM was wearing that wig a lot in the days leading up to the murder, if not all the time while living there because he was hiding from the police trying to track him down about the animal videos.

I also do not believe that LM ever starred in a real *advertiser censored* film that wasn't something he and a few other guys filmed in someone's apt with a video camera or regular camera and uploaded to the internet. Or is there an actual film out there with a known *advertiser censored* film company and his name in the credits? Did anyone do any hunting on this?

So in conclusion I think Mr Terror Train is full of it. Lol

MOO

He definitely sounds mentally ill to me! But I would not want him back on the streets! There should be a way for a judge to sentence people like this to life in a secure psychiatric hospital - not being punished, but being looked after, medicated and separated from the general population so they can't do any harm in the future if their symptoms recur and they become dangerous again. Releasing them as soon as they are deemed to be in remission is too risky when they have done things like this in the past. But I wonder how people with genuine severe mental illnesses fare in a normal prison? Not too well, I should think.

Religious cases are tricky though, because it's not necessarily a sign of mental illness to believe in demons and the like. People who believe that the government are watching their every move are deemed to be delusional, but people who think that god is watching their every move are not if that's a normal belief within their culture. IMO, if you actual hear demons talking to you you're probably mentally ill, but when I was doing teacher training at a religious university there were a lot of born-again Christians there who swore that they literally saw the holy ghost during church services, and one guy told me that Satan literally spoke to him at night and tempted him to do bad things. To me, that sounds like a sure sign of mental illness but these were quite common beliefs amongst these born again christians and the people didn't show any other signs of mental illness.

There was a guy in Scotland who murdered his friend because he said that a vampire from a movie appeared to him and told him he must kill to become a vampire. The defence claimed he was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia but three prosecution witnesses said that he suffered from anti-social personality disorder and was either inventing or exaggerating his "hallucinations" in an attempt to get a lighter sentence. He was found to be sane at the time of the killing and went to prison, where he later killed himself.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3168520.stm

This guy wants to die apparently but wasn't able to kill himself. Right there I question his mental health and how much of this he's also saying as a defense to what he did. No doubt he wanted to kill the women as he had no problem even after the girlfriend said no. I never found out who called LE to the scene? Was it him because he was injured?

Anyway, I am curious as to what a judge alone will make of this case and what his sentence will be. And why does a judge get months to make a decision? Anyone know?

MOO

:idea:
Ooooo ......... after reading what MacKinnon says again could it be HE WAS in fact the intended victim ??

Magnotta made some effort to get to know him, only him.

The 56-year-old actor told QMI Agency that the similarities between his film and Magnotta's alleged crimes are too close to be a coincidence.

"(My character) killed 11 people, my appearance was always changing and I dismembered a victim," MacKinnon said of his character in the film, shot in Montreal 32 years ago. "The similarity is pretty significant."

MacKinnon played Kenny Hampson, a bloodthirsty and schizophrenic killer who targets college kids on a moving train during a New Year's Eve party

The film by Canadian director Roger Spottiswoode also featured Jamie Lee Curtis and David Copperfield.

"I'm sure he went to see who I was on the Internet since a few days later he asked me for advice about how to quit the *advertiser censored* industry and get roles in real productions," MacKinnon said

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/06/04/magnotta-inspired-by-slasher-flick

Here are some snippets from an interesting article I found about the religion issue in NCR cases:
http://religiondispatches.org/relig...-murder-trials-will-ask-the-burning-question/

Dobson’s attorney has found three psychiatrists to testify that Dobson was not criminally responsible because he was psychotic and schizophrenic. However, Dr. Andriy Kolchak, a psychiatrist for the prosecution, has argued that Dobson was performing a ritual in accordance with his religious beliefs, and therefore was not mentally ill.
In an eerily similar case, Pamela Christensen of Montgomery, Illinois, is awaiting trial for attempting to kill her three daughters so they could “meet Jesus Christ.” Like Dobson, Christensen tried to drug and stab her loved ones before attempting to kill herself . . .

Cases such as this raise questions that have long gone unanswered about how the state should define “religion.” By what criteria should we decide whether deviant beliefs and actions are an expression of religion or evidence of a medical problem?

Dr. Kolchak points out that Dobson was not a lone psychotic and that his victims shared his beliefs . . .

Elsewhere, I have written on the case of John Errol Ferguson, a schizophrenic murderer in Florida, who claimed that upon his execution he alone would be seated at the Right Hand of God before being resurrected to save America from a communist plot. Under federal law, the mentally ill cannot be executed—psychiatrists had even identified a fissure in Ferguson’s brain consistent with schizophrenia. However, Florida’s eighth circuit ruled that Ferguson’s delusions were not substantially different from ordinary Christian beliefs.

In 2013 Ferguson was executed under the legal pretext that he was not mentally ill, but simply a murderous Christian.

I suppose this guy was pretty much written off as someone looking for his 15 minutes? I don't really believe much of what he said TBH. And it looks like LM was wearing that wig a lot in the days leading up to the murder, if not all the time while living there because he was hiding from the police trying to track him down about the animal videos.

I also do not believe that LM ever starred in a real *advertiser censored* film that wasn't something he and a few other guys filmed in someone's apt with a video camera or regular camera and uploaded to the internet. Or is there an actual film out there with a known *advertiser censored* film company and his name in the credits? Did anyone do any hunting on this?

So in conclusion I think Mr Terror Train is full of it. Lol

MOO

The 'Internet Adult Film Database' has him listed :

(I'll just show the titles of listings :wink:)

Distributor
Performer Credits

8 Titles

http://www.iafd.com/person.rme/perfid=LukaRoccoMagnotta/gender=male

Watching the surveillance, there was a small window between 9:32 PM and 10:20 PM during May 24, 2012 as Luka left his apartment, and came bac with Jun Lin. I noticed when he left, he did not have a plastic bag and when he came back with Jun Lin, he had a plastic bag. It's possible he went to the convenience store that Lin worked that, met him there (bought something as well) and came back to him. It seems Magnotta avoided using the internet to scout for victims, as we were never able to find Mr.X or how he and Lin met.

I remember a while ago...two things that were interesting...it was an article that Magnotta was scouting for victims through Craigslist, and a possible ad he may have used, posted on the same day Jun Lin died.

http://forum.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=93068

Okay, since the link to the forum that had the old ad isn't working, I'll post it here. I am not sure and do not contend Magnotta posted this ad:

Movie - m4m - 26 (Montreal)

Date: 2012-05-24, 9:39AM EDT
Reply to: hpd3j-3035036102@pers.craigslist.org

I am looking for a sexy guy who is interested into becoming an actor in a personal movie I am making.

Please be between 18 and 35, good looking. I am making the movie for me, it's for fun, so I m not going to pay you anything.

if you are interested, send me your stats with a face pic and a body pic.

Remember, No pic= No answer

AND i am not looking for sex and No c**k sucking.

Watching the surveillance, there was a small window between 9:32 PM and 10:20 PM during May 24, 2012 as Luka left his apartment, and came bac with Jun Lin. I noticed when he left, he did not have a plastic bag and when he came back with Jun Lin, he had a plastic bag. It's possible he went to the convenience store that Lin worked that, met him there (bought something as well) and came back to him. It seems Magnotta avoided using the internet to scout for victims, as we were never able to find Mr.X or how he and Lin met.

I remember a while ago...two things that were interesting...it was an article that Magnotta was scouting for victims through Craigslist, and a possible ad he may have used, posted on the same day Jun Lin died.

http://forum.liveleak.com/showthread.php?t=93068

Okay, since the link to the forum that had the old ad isn't working, I'll post it here. I am not sure and do not contend Magnotta posted this ad:

Movie - m4m - 26 (Montreal)

Date: 2012-05-24, 9:39AM EDT
Reply to: hpd3j-3035036102@pers.craigslist.org

I am looking for a sexy guy who is interested into becoming an actor in a personal movie I am making.

Please be between 18 and 35, good looking. I am making the movie for me, it's for fun, so I m not going to pay you anything.

if you are interested, send me your stats with a face pic and a body pic.

Remember, No pic= No answer

AND i am not looking for sex and No c**k sucking.

Yes I remember that add! But nobody ever found out if the add was truely LMs. In the light of what happened the following night, it is surely a bizar find/add!

In regards to your thoughts of meeting JL in a conveniece store... Well, JL worked in a store in the area in Verdun. It is a bit off route from Decarie where LM lived, but not impossible. On the other hand i found something what cought my eye and I can't recall if it has ever been discussed here, so I pop it out here.

In July 2011 JL and his boyfriend lived on Charlevoix street above a conveniece store. Sounds familiar right? Who lived on Charlevoix street in May 2011? Right... LM did! But we do not know for how long he stayed there, so it could be possible that they have met already in 2011. Just as people you know from your "hood" no? How they then meet up in 2012? Maybe they just bumped into eachother, "long time no see, come have a drink with me" scenario? No internet, no craiglist no nothing. That could also explain why LE didn't find anything of a connection between the two.

articles related:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/01/luka-magnotta-trial-hears-jun-lins-lover-describe-his-panicked-trip-to-canada-after-jun-lins-disappearance/

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/a-photographers-encounter-with-luka-rocco-magnotta/

Hi People:

I've just alerted Salem to lock this thread and open the one for the trial tomorrow morning. See you in Thread 3.

NSU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member