Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa!!!

Someone got hold of Nurmi's rough draft of the introduction to his book!! Here's the first page....:D

Trapped with Ms. Arias
by Kirk Nurmi

Introduction.

I never sought out the fame being trapped with Ms. Arias as her attorney, even though I tried many times not to be, brought me. I am now so well known worldwide it is impossible to go unrecognized even when I go to the grocery store to buy the supplements that helped me lose so much weight. I get asked for my autograph all the time, even, dare I say, far more often than that bully prosecutor who kept throwing himself in front of the cameras because he wanted to feel like a rock star even though I kept telling Sherry that it was unconstitutional under the 4th 5th 6th amendment (note to self: look up citations on that) and would deny my client her right to a fair trial.

But let me go back for a minute. I didn't know when I was growing up that I would become one of the most famous defense attorneys not only in Arizona, but in the whole country. I didn't seek out that publicity because publicity can cause a client not to get a fair trial, and it is my job to make sure all my clients - even those I like only one day out of ten (note to self- - have secretary check to make sure I'm not violating attorney- client privilege including that).

But let me go back a minute, because this book will be about being trapped as Ms. Arias's attorney though I didn't want to do it and didn't agree at all with many things Jen said (which I can't be specific about because that would be about strategy which I'm not allowed to write about because of attorney client privilege).

The day I met the client who made me very famous who I didn't like 9 days out of ten I was wearing pink socks and a pink tie. Later, during trial, when I wore pink socks and a tie I would check Twitter to see if Wild would say they were salmon and he always did, but really I was checking Twitter to see if haters ....(close. Note to self...can't write about even that, not even my surveillance of social media because that might violate attorney client privilege, even though I didn't like my client 9 days out of 10 and felt trapped by Ms. Arias.

So let us begin by going back for a minute.....

It was sounding juicy- 'till I read this. This makes me NOT want to read it. He's still defending her in his own sick kind of way and his style is awful!!!:puke::puke::puke:

There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"

Wow, can he get away with that?? I remember that evil corrupt Willnot saying at sentencing, "they never said TA was a pedophile" and the letters were never proven to be fake. She had to have known about the 3x5 cards in her cell. Willnot should go to jail.

It was sounding juicy- 'till I read this. This makes me NOT want to read it. He's still defending her in his own sick kind of way and his style is awful!!!:puke::puke::puke:
I think it's just a parody not the real introduction.

BBM ~ I would think he knew they were fake, but JA was throwing fits to "make him" bring it up in court. Can a Defence attorney let his client lie, even though he/she does not believe them? TIA.

BBM. Not knowingly. Forgot the term- something like suborning perjury?? That's why most defense attorneys won't ask their clients if they are guilty.

No. Jan 21, 2008 is date of pedo lie, Jan 22 is date of physical abuse /broken finger lie because of pedo lie.

Now I'm confused again. If Jan 21 was the day she caught Travis masturbating and the date of the forged letter - how did the broken finger abuse supposedly happen on the 22nd then?

There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"

BBM
Now I am really curious if the AG that asked for and received an unsealing of transcripts is working on all of her scams! If so, seems like a lot of people may be in trouble!

you never know, he might be leaking it as a teaser...

Yes, if he does poorly on
Part 1", he won't release anything else, and I bet there is nothing else because of client-attorney confidentiality

Surely he "lawyered up" on what he could say without losing his license.

If the special snowflake hears about it, and she will, she will be hot to trot to get a hold of her lawyers to sue him and complain to the COA. She loves to whine and complain. If she thought Juan would write bad stuff about her she knows Nurmi knows more and can hurt her a lot more. Wonder what Willnot thinks about it. Why don't that yellow journalist Kiefer interview her and ask when her book is coming out.

I believe both Nurmi and Wilnot are suffering from their disgusting defense of CMJA. In her interview she told the journalist she believed her practice would pick up?????? Who is she kidding????:thinking:

But Nurmi's made career of coming into contact with people like this, and defending them. His private practice specializes in defending accused child molesters!

So I agree with your reasons, in that he's doing it to create distance between himself and Arias, but I think his motivations run much less deep.

They are not existential, they are practical.

Undoubtedly his association with Arias has damaged his reputation, but the reasons for that rest mostly on his own actions and the strategy he himself chose to follow.

Most likely, what he is now attempting to do is to throw it all onto Arias, including his own actions, and thus scrub his reputation - in order not to damage his prospects for future clients, and his image in front of future jurors.

Nah. His future clients the pedophiles and rapists won't know he exists until they're caught, and 95% of future jurors in his area lost interest in this trial before it ended, if they ever knew it was going on at all.

His willingness to dive deep deep down into sewage in order to win, seemingly with relish, only commends him to the scum who will hear about him by word of mouth, in jail, like FCA first heard of José Baez.

IMO he's writing this out of sheer self-absorbed pettiness. Screw him.

Gus Scercy sure was nice to send Jodi a phone wasn't he? I think Jodi's stops at Gus's on her way to and from Mesa, had a purpose and money was always always in the equation.

I think he was pimping her out; there had to be many tricks for he to arrive in Yreka with any kind of money. I also think she might have been bringing him stuff (marijuana bales?) in that truck, and she didn't want her mother around 'cos her mother would have found out. Plus, mom wouldn't have been interested in going to Gus's.

Nah. His future clients the pedophiles and rapists won't know he exists until they're caught, and 95% of future jurors in his area lost interest in this trial before it ended, if they ever knew it was going on at all.

His willingness to dive deep deep down into sewage in order to win, seemingly with relish, only commends him to the scum who will hear about him by word of mouth, in jail, like FCA first heard of José Baez.

IMO he's writing this out of sheer self-absorbed pettiness. Screw him.
Good point!

But Nurmi's made career of coming into contact with people like this, and defending them. His private practice specializes in defending accused child molesters!

So I agree with your reasons, in that he's doing it to create distance between himself and Arias, but I think his motivations run much less deep.

They are not existential, they are practical.

Undoubtedly his association with Arias has damaged his reputation, but the reasons for that rest mostly on his own actions and the strategy he himself chose to follow.

Most likely, what he is now attempting to do is to throw it all onto Arias, including his own actions, and thus scrub his reputation - in order not to damage his prospects for future clients, and his image in front of future jurors.

Yes, you are saying was what I have been trying to say but you're doing a better job, LOL.

I AGREE WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT!

There's no way that piece of Nurmi's isn't a parody. I don't think we should be believing it's a real draft. It exaggerates every which grammar confusion he ever had. The sentences are run on and on and on; he breaks up phrasing in weird places; phrases are plopped together; the thoughts are not arranged chronologically. Really, it doesn't make sense! Frosting on the top would be if he used JA's off vocabulary.

Re BBM

Actually I do think Money and "Fame" was his main motivation throughout and continues to be so. The way he stuck it to AZ for a higher charge for his rate and then dragged the case on and on and on and on was for money reason. At least thats the way I see it.

And now with the book or memoir or trash magazine or whatever we want to call it I think he is a fame hog. I think he was trying to out-do the other defense laywer in the CA case. He saw how just total BS worked in that case and so he used the same tactic to an extreme in this case.

Some of it JA gave him the idea and he ran with it and other things he went over the top by himself like accusing Juan and LE about the evidence misdeeds and false allegations about the evidence.

All JMO of course. I think it explains him pretty well. The one I cant quite figure out is how his female helper went right along with him and egged it on herself too. The only excuse I can give her is she seemed to lack skills in her profession. She seemed very novice and maybe she was partly naïve and so went right along with the plan. One example to back that theory up is how she would copy Juan. Many times she used the same phrase and objections as he did and I think it was because she just wasn't good at it. So she copied.

Jodis excuse is she is plain evil

Agree Jodi is plain evil.

Agree Nurmi dragged things out in attempt to cost taxpayers more money. But, I think all that came about because he so desperately wanted off this case from the get go. He couldn't get released, so he decided to make it as miserable for all others involved as it was for him. Moreso, actually. He got paid to be miserable while the rest of the world just suffered.

Yes, Nurmi made out like a bandit but I think he would have walked away from all that cash in exchange for his freedom. JMO.

I hate seeing that anyone is purchasing his book. Certainly all the "facts" on those pages will be public fodder soon enough...no need for anyone to help line his pockets further. Again, JMO.

I think it's just a parody not the real introduction.

That was my reaction, too.

Hope: THANK YOU for bringing us up to speed with the latest releases and for doing so with respect/appreciation for Beth K's work.

I think he was pimping her out; there had to be many tricks for he to arrive in Yreka with any kind of money. I also think she might have been bringing him stuff (marijuana bales?) in that truck, and she didn't want her mother around 'cos her mother would have found out. Plus, mom wouldn't have been interested in going to Gus's.
Gus was a lap dog, not a pimp. Jodi didn't need a pimp, she was an independent operator. Gus was looking for a way into her pants, and Jodi was stringing him along for the benefits involved.

...there is a two hour gap between 2.38 pm and 4.38 pm. Best not to give the killer a chance to use this.
I agree. Asking Jodi to account for two hours would have taken her another ten. (or three court days -- whichever comes first)

But after walking into his house unannounced and witnessing such a traumatic event that afternoon, and then driving around town for a while, and after calling him, and after throwing up, and after visiting her nearest church (but not talking to a pastor to protect Travis' reputation, of course)... at least she had calmed down enough to be sleepy by 7:20 when Travis' call woke her up.

Did she ever say what happened to the porcelain angel? I assume she grabbed it off of Travis' dresser and ran out of the house in disgust. (But not so much disgust that she ran into his closet, stepped up onto a shelf or two, and grabbed his .25 Auto handgun off the top shelf and shot him in the head.)

More :

Nurmi- After I saw the 3x5 card I knew #jodiarias wrote those letters. (note, poster didn't include quotation marks, so don't know if this is a quote or paraphrased)

Nurmi- "#jodiarias was more than a bit flirtatious w/me until she realized it wouldn't work to manipulate me."

"My brain on #jodiarias Mix fecal matter in pan, add chopped dead rat, scramble. This is what my brain looked like after Ms Arias"

(poster's response to a question) He talks about the ninjas, how stupid that lie was. Took him a while to convince #jodiarias of that. Haven't read about Matt.

Nurmi didn't like her 1 day out of 10 and still doesn't. Tried getting off case, #jodiarias screamed & threatened to ruin his practice.

"Using an expert with no PhD (La Violette) was risky...she was 1 of a few experts willing 2 give it a go."

Says he tried many times to get out of it & being against DP his goal was to save a life. Is happy with LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆