1 in 3 women say their dog listens better than their hubby!!

The best listener in my life is my....

• Cat

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dog

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Brother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sister

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Father

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mother

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Spouse

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Best friend

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Soft feathered Brown Australian Emu

• Cousin

• Random people at the mall

• Aquaintences that I don't creep out too much

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Poll: 1 in 3 women say pets listen better than husbands

Christina Holmdahl, 40, talks all the time to her cat, two dogs or three horses about her husband, naturally.

"Whoever happens to be with me when I'm rambling," said Holmdahl, who's stationed with her husband at Fort Stewart in Georgia. "A lot of times, I'm just venting about work or complaining about the husband."

She thinks everyone should have a pet to talk to like her horse, Whistle, who's been with her since she was 19.

"We all say things we don't mean when we are upset about stuff," she said. "When we have time to talk it out and rationalize it, we can think about it better and we can calm down and see both sides better."

It would be a toss-up whether Bill Rothschild would take a problem to his wife of 19 years or the animal he considers a pet a palm-sized crayfish named Cray Aiken. His daughter brought it home four years ago at the end of a second grade science project.

Rothschild, 44, of Granite Springs, New York, considers Cray a better listener than his wife, "absolutely. She doesn't listen worth anything." He doesn't get much feedback from the crustacean, but it's been a different story over the years with family dogs and cats.

"You definitely feel much more comfortable sharing your problems with them," he said. "A little lick from a big dog can go a long way."

Overall, about one in 10 pet owners said they would talk their troubles over with their pets.

The title of the article is misleading because men do it too. I think it's good for both the pet and the owner because pets get the attention and the owner gets a non interrupting ear and they both get to know each other better.

I had a cat once that I know understood 90% of what was being said in a room. He was a little *advertiser censored* too. Whenever you'd try to command him he'd pretend he no speak-da-human.

IMO, if a cat is pretending to care about your problems they probably want to be fed. JMO (That's just a joke. I had a cat that would always nestle with me when I was sick or depressed)

Only 1 in 3? I would think it would be much higher.
My dogs listen to me a lot better than my hubby! lol

Only 1 in 3? I would think it would be much higher.
My dogs listen to me a lot better than my hubby! lol

Heck, the WALL listens to me better than my hubby! At least he admits it though. :)

Husbands come with ears?? WTF! I got robbed!

That's just too funny, tl! Kinda reminds me of my bil. This man is a see no evil-hear no evil type. Not only does he not listen, he doesn't speak either. Reckon he didn't come with a tongue???:waitasec:

My sister definately should have gotten a dog.

I literally busted out laughing. I need that!

The one plus is that I can totally forget to tell DH something. Then when it comes up later on, I just tell him I said something a few weeks ago and he wasn't listening. He believes me. ;)

It took me about 6 weeks to train my dog. It has been 13 years and DH still isn't trained. :crazy:

:woohoo:

This is exactly why I dont have one. Hubby that is.

Rut Ro, There are some guys that would take this "Ruff".

But seriously dogs are also loyal and fetch stuff themselves (like socks, mail and remote controls) and care when you come home even when it isn't dinner time.
:crazy:

Rut Ro, There are some guys that would take this "Ruff".

But seriously dogs are also loyal and fetch stuff themselves (like socks, mail and remote controls) and care when you come home even when it isn't dinner time.
:crazy:

I'm sure your hubby cares a lot when you come home. His moments of peace are over.

:saythat: :crazy:

I'm sure your hubby cares a lot when you come home. His moments of peace are over.

:saythat: :crazy:

Dan, I'm beginning to think you're my husband in disguise! (you're not, are you???) ;)

Dan, I'm beginning to think you're my husband in disguise! (you're not, are you???) ;)

If I say don't forget Sunday is Mother's day and we need to call your mom then you'll know it's me!

My kitty most definitely. As a SAHM, he's my constant companion and knows exactly what I'm saying. We talk all day and he talks back. He can even say mama. It's wonderful.

What's interesting is he know exactly what time my son gets home from school, what time I'm supposed to take him out to feed the birds their peanuts, and what time to go to bed (I hear about it if I miss his bedtime). And he knows when treat time is. I've never had a cat on such a tight schedule :)

Mel

Posted by Steely D:

had a cat once that I know understood 90% of what was being said in a room. He was a little *advertiser censored* too. Whenever you'd try to command him he'd pretend he no speak-da-human.

IMO, if a cat is pretending to care about your problems they probably want to be fed. JMO (That's just a joke. I had a cat that would always nestle with me when I was sick or depressed)

Just wanted to say I've never laughed so hard. And speaking of my cat, why is it that he won't let me go potty by myself? He wails at the door, paws under the door, pounds on he door with his heavy paws (yes, pounds) until I let him in. Then 2 seconds later he wants out. I think some days he's just gone completely loopy (or has a severe case of separation anxiety).

Anway, thanks for making me laugh :)

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn