GUILTY FL - Krishaun Mercado for child abuse, Port Charlotte, 2012

A precious 2 month old with a STROKE????? That is so heartbreaking. She terrified her baby so much that he had a stroke. :furious:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16640424/mother-accused-of-abusing-2-month-old

Krishaun Mercado

her 2-month-old son was taken to the hospital with a stroke, several broken bones and fluid on his brain.

the infant had three to five skull fractures and a broken arm. An examination revealed the fractures were in different stages of healing, the report said.
The child remains in protective custody

Mercado posted a $5,000 bond Monday and was released from the Charlotte County Jail.

sooooo, from your link....she injured the baby last in March '11, and was only arrested monday and now she's out by posting $500, she has really paid no price for what she has done, in any form! She got rid of her responsibility to this precious gift from God.

This is just north of where I live. :banghead: Can't believe her bail was so low? Shouldn't this have been attempted murder?

$5,000 bail? You must be joking me. Why do people get to keep walking away with this stuff? She broke her baby's head several times! How can a person break their baby's head? I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and give her the baby back too. Grrr.

How on earth does a 2 month old baby fall in the bathtub???? How on earth is a baby born with fractures and a broken arm & the hospital doesn't even notice???

I will not even open this link. I WONT and no one can make me.

:burn:

Strange... She wasn't charged with anything until a year after the baby was injured, and in October 2013 she was finally sentenced - to 3 years, for child neglect. Maybe the baby had an undiagnosed medical problems, or maybe someone else abused the baby, and in the end the mom was just accused of not seeking help promptly enough.
JMO.

http://bailbondcity.com/fldoc-inmate-MERCADO/Y50913

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88