GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in the time honored tradition of making a liar out of one's parent, my son insists that he would not go into the mat headfirst. He would go in feet first, if at all. His reasoning for not going at all is that if he couldn't get his shoes, not only would he be shoeless, but he'd also get an "F" for the day in his class for not showing up -- having been stuck in the mat. If he DID try to get his shoes, he would have gotten his friend Matteo to go with him so if he got stuck Matteo could get help. Btw, I did not offer the stuck scenario. I just said what would you do about your shoes? He compared it to riding out into the desert on an ATV alone :::shrug::: On the other hand, he had no doubt that a substantial number of his friends would not hesitate to go head first into the mat to get THEIR shoes. He's just not as [perjorative] as they are lol.

When I asked him what made him think he might get stuck, he said he's learned from stupid chit he's done before that when he thinks something's a great idea, it's probably not :)

I saw a picture of Kendrick's face tonight on NG and it was the one that his Dad viewed. I'm not sure when the pic was taken, but I am glad that they are reopening this investigation. The swelling of his eyes and lips were just horrible. He looked as though he'd been beaten to me. I will do more research on positional asphyxia though and lividity. I also just don't believe that a kid would climb into a mat. I think he would pick it up to get his shoes. Too obvious. Also size 19 shoulders and 14 inch diameter of the mat? We see babies get hung up easier than that and have to have Cesarean sections. Something's wrong here.

I have a question For those who are not so convinced that this was merely a tragic accident, and that during a bucolic regular school day a star athlete dives head first into a gym mat and suffocates to death.

What are examples and evidence of foul play in the Kendrick Johnson case?:seeya:

Usually our shoulder span is the greatest. Kendrick looked like a smaller framed individual, so his shoulder span (at a reported 19 inches) looked greater than his chest span, even with expansion due to inspiration. But I don't know if that measurement is available. I'll try to look back.
The blood at the sneaker and on his arms and chest really bother me. But I don't know if they could trace a path from where it originated and also if still moist, then there would be a second pattern after movement of the body. My guess is that the blood had dried.

I found another article which describes the orbital swelling which can occur from positional asphyxiation and being in an inverted position, as well as tongue protrusion and generalized scalp and mouth edema. But inverted positional asphyxia is rare in occurrence and in this case no blood was present. Please be advised that this is graphic material. http://www.forensicindia.com/icfmt/web/vol3no3/positional_asphyxia.htm

Very powerful article in Valdosta Times

Thanks, that's disgusting that the family is lying and trying to make money off of his death.

I have a question For those who are not so convinced that this was merely a tragic accident, and that during a bucolic regular school day a star athlete dives head first into a gym mat and suffocates to death.

What are examples and evidence of foul play in the Kendrick Johnson case?:seeya:

The hole is 14 inches (approx.) and some here are saying his shoulders were 19 inches. I'm 5'5" and my shoulders are wider than 14 inches.

The second autopsy found blunt force trauma that that the first autopsy missed.

His body was filled with newspaper instead of them doing the normal practice of putting the organs in a plastic bag and then back into the body. (see one of my previous posts for that link)

It seems the PD rushed to judgment on this. I believe it was only two hours before they ruled it an accident.

The PD contaminated the crime scene by not wearing proper attire around the area.

There were items left at the scene that were never bagged and tagged.

There are blood streaks on the wall that they say were there for a long time and the blood didn't match Kendricks, yet they never tried to find out who's blood it was. It also appears they never discussed with the janitor how long they'd been there.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Here's a good summary.
[video=youtube;SRPg9RJYLfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRPg9RJYLfk[/video]

I don't understand why the measurement of his shoulders is an issue...he was found in the rolled up mat ...so, he fit. There was no time for someone to have an altercation, Bruce Lee his neck rendering him unconscious, pull the mats out, roll Kendrick into it, upright the mat, stack the others back in the window of opportunity the perp was afforded. JMO

. ,
Thanks, that's disgusting that the family is lying and trying to make money off of his death.

The hole is 14 inches (approx.) and some here are saying his shoulders were 19 inches. I'm 5'5" and my shoulders are wider than 14 inches.

The second autopsy found blunt force trauma that that the first autopsy missed.

His body was filled with newspaper instead of them doing the normal practice of putting the organs in a plastic bag and then back into the body. (see one of my previous posts for that link)

It seems the PD rushed to judgment on this. I believe it was only two hours before they ruled it an accident.

The PD contaminated the crime scene by not wearing proper attire around the area.

There were items left at the scene that were never bagged and tagged.

There are blood streaks on the wall that they say were there for a long time and the blood didn't match Kendricks, yet they never tried to find out who's blood it was. It also appears they never discussed with the janitor how long they'd been there.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Here's a good summary.
Kendrick Johnson Dead in gym mat HS Student Parents Justice for MURDERED Son Disturbing Evidence - YouTube

I found another article which describes the orbital swelling which can occur from positional asphyxiation and being in an inverted position, as well as tongue protrusion and generalized scalp and mouth edema. But inverted positional asphyxia is rare in occurrence and in this case no blood was present. Please be advised that this is graphic material. http://www.forensicindia.com/icfmt/web/vol3no3/positional_asphyxia.htm

Not so much rare in occurrence , but more rarely reported in India, as this 2005 New Delhi paper explains. You will find significantly more incidences in areas where natural disasters occur and in freak infant and toddler curiosity tragedies. I think this was the case when baby beds were recalled years ago due to a gap between the mattress and rails - babies would get stuck and die from PA. As a result, tighter restrictions on their manufacture (thank goodness).

http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/documents/131030051629_Jan '13 Incident Reports.pdf

If you read page 8 of the pdf, it concerns officers questioning a boy who had posted some questionable remarks about KJ after the body was found. However, it appears to have just been the usual teenaged stupidity.

But I think this may be where all the rumors of bullying came from....

Downloading a PDF is a challenge on my tablet, but, IIRC, wasn't that FB post written after KJ's death? I could be thinking of a different case.

http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/documents/131030051629_Jan '13 Incident Reports.pdf

If you read page 8 of the pdf, it concerns officers questioning a boy who had posted some questionable remarks about KJ after the body was found. However, it appears to have just been the usual teenaged stupidity.

Duh, I read what you wrote again, sorry....it was after. How would that be considered bullying though?

I don't understand why the measurement of his shoulders is an issue...he was found in the rolled up mat ...so, he fit. There was no time for someone to have an altercation, Bruce Lee his neck rendering him unconscious, pull the mats out, roll Kendrick into it, upright the mat, stack the others back in the window of opportunity the perp was afforded. JMO

. ,

I'm not sure the timeline is correct. When the police release all the footage it hopefully will answer everything. Hopefully they have a camera on the mat area.

I'm not sure the timeline is correct. When the police release all the footage it hopefully will answer everything. Hopefully they have a camera on the mat area.

I'm sure all the footage has been released by the school and there are likely no bombshells....if there were, we'd have heard by now, jmo. I have a feeling this might actually come to a close soon.

Very powerful article in Valdosta Times

And here is the rebuttal: http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x703153408/ICU-members-oppose-comments

"Daniels said there were vague, cloudy and hazy issues in the investigation, with unanswered questions about KJ’s clothing, fingernails, blood stains and more."

I would agree there were vague, cloudy and hazy issues in this investigation. The blood issue is one. The fingernails is another. As far as the organs go, I think that is extremely odd and can't figure out why they would be missing. They couldn't be used for transplant because too much time had elapsed since KJ died, so why were they mishandled?

Even if KJ's death was an accident, I think the other questions should be answered. There seem to be some rather odd practices happening here that need further explanation.

Salem

And we need a new thread. I'll set one up in just a minute.

Salem

. ,

I don't get it either. He was found in the mat so, clearly, he fit into it. It's not like LE is claiming he died in a mat that he was found outside of.

http://valdosta.sgaonline.com/2010vdt/pdfs/kendrick-johnson.pdf

the valdosta narrative report istates that at 7:00 pm on Jan 10 2012
the color guard teacher M let someone whom she thought was a student into the Old Gym 5'10 165 lbs short hair, glasses, and a book bag. She left the premises at 7:45 pm

That makes 7:45 pm - 8:15 am... when noone was in the old gym. except KJ of course and that ....."kid"
unfortunately due to "technical difficulties" the surveillance videos are useless. What sort of tech. difficulties could there be? IMOO MANY -1) the findings could be difficult for many other people than the victim, or 2)someone could have disabled the cameras ( think the celis' house) in either case the same narrative report states 2 videos were turned over as part of the case or part of coverup.

But, all reports say the cameras were working perfectly and showed him walking into the Old Gym at 1:09 pm and not coming out. So when and which cameras were disabled? Did they see other kids go out...and not him. umm they certainly should have shown teachers and proper supervision of minors during school hours.

as a teacher and as a mom who has put 6kids through school and 4 year colleges This whole thing is very hinky.

OMG the students who were interviewed sound hinky to me too. rich stuff there! a lot...really if you read closely.

Why are they saying they saw him when they didn't? and he was fine?

He obviously was also absent in his last period class and basketball practice too? Did they call home?
His worried parents already found him to be missing...at night and so concerned were at school the very next morning immediately.

Wow who else wasn't doing their job at that school? besides the unsupervised gym and the color corps teacher who lets anyone in the gym.
The gym mats were stored vertically?and horizantally.
June 11. early am...gym class :students all over the place- sitting on bleachers here and lying on gym mats over there( dangerous) and coaches blahblahblah...during class time?

blood/ bodily fluids on the wall ewww( there are lots of rules about who cleans that up) who had that injury?
and by 8-11;00 am 1/11 blood on towels ( obviously not sanitary napkins) in girls bathroom across from old gym.
who had that injury?
Where are those accident reports anyway?

I keep thinking of something i think someone said around here recently - or Chief Kolar on Tricia's True Crime radio show. " At every crime scene, something is taken away, and something is left behind"

I truly feel this is a crime scene and not an accident. :cow:

Justice for Kendrick.
If i don't get back to packing for this move while my hubby paints our new place I may go missing soon.

Page 10 also answers, somewhat, why KJ's family wants 1900 hours of video tape. It appears there are 40 cameras on the Old Gym wing of the school. If they want the video from all 40 cameras for a 2 day period (48 hours) that would be 1920 hours.

Frayed - did you add this to the timeline thread?

I don't know why, but on these PDF docs, I can't get a URL? Anyone know why or what I need to do?

Thanks,

Salem

Page 10 also answers, somewhat, why KJ's family wants 1900 hours of video tape. It appears there are 40 cameras on the Old Gym wing of the school. If they want the video from all 40 cameras for a 2 day period (48 hours) that would be 1920 hours.

Frayed - did you add this to the timeline thread?

I don't know why, but on these PDF docs, I can't get a URL? Anyone know why or what I need to do?

Thanks,

Salem
A .pdf file was uploaded to a website. It's a type of file, like .jpg or such. You have to download the whole .pdf to your computer and then go to the individual pages. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme