Indefensible: The Missing Truth - Michael Griesbach

:wagon: proudfootz

I didn't know about the 3rd book LOL I put MG in the pile with Dan O'D., their opinions are riddled with misinformation, like your post in the DO'D thread pointed out ;-)

Glad you are back Safeguard :) and :wave: hello to everyone else! BCA, don't feel bad, I have barely thought about Christmas, I have been so busy!

:wagon: proudfootz

I didn't know about the 3rd book LOL I put MG in the pile with Dan O'D., their opinions are riddled with misinformation, like your post in the DO'D thread pointed out ;-)

Glad you are back Safeguard :) and :wave: hello to everyone else! BCA, don't feel bad, I have barely thought about Christmas, I have been so busy!
Hi Missy! Hi BCA! Hi everyone else!
I find myself doing more and more shopping online🙄
And one year already??
Wowzers! I can't believe it's been a year ( almost) since we started on this thread😉
Seems like it's taking forever that's for sure!
I've never been as obsessed with a case like I have this one😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hi Missy! Hi BCA! Hi everyone else!
I find myself doing more and more shopping online��
And one year already??
Wowzers! I can't believe it's been a year ( almost) since we started on this thread��
Seems like it's taking forever that's for sure!
I've never been as obsessed with a case like I have this one��

I'm with ya on the online shopping! Not only is it easier & cheaper, ( if you factor in gas & Advil!) But you can find nice items that the stores don't even carry. I do almost all my shopping online. I hate even going into a grocery store now.

I can believe it's been a year. I check in almost daily, skip a few days here and there, it feels like forever that I've had this case on my mind...Imagine what it's like doing life for chit you didn't even do? OMG!

And while Steven Avery reads like an unpleasant sort of person, ( I don't actually know him.) last I heard you don't get life in prison for that. And his twin son's seem like decent enough people, they paid a heavy toll also...So many people doing time on trumped up charges... I've looked into it some... It's amazing. Boggles the mind. And just like KZ once said, The cases all look similar! So there's a kind of sick formula to frame jobs... And yet it just keeps on happening.

It's sad but true, what Strang said, they won't get justice, the best they can hope for is to regain their liberty.

I'm with ya on the online shopping! Not only is it easier & cheaper, ( if you factor in gas & Advil!) But you can find nice items that the stores don't even carry. I do almost all my shopping online. I hate even going into a grocery store now.

I can believe it's been a year. I check in almost daily, skip a few days here and there, it feels like forever that I've had this case on my mind...Imagine what it's like doing life for chit you didn't even do? OMG!

And while Steven Avery reads like an unpleasant sort of person, ( I don't actually know him.) last I heard you don't get life in prison for that. And his twin son's seem like decent enough people, they paid a heavy toll also...So many people doing time on trumped up charges... I've looked into it some... It's amazing. Boggles the mind. And just like KZ once said, The cases all look similar! So there's a kind of sick formula to frame jobs... And yet it just keeps on happening.

It's sad but true, what Strang said, they won't get justice, the best they can hope for is to regain their liberty.
Yes!
I've looked into the wrongfully imprisoned as well and the numbers are staggering!
I can not imagine doing time for chit I didn't do...nope.
Frankly, I am in awe of Avery and how HARD he is still fighting! I think I might have given up😔
Looking at recent pics of him..it's so SO sad.
He seems to have really aged😔
Sucks to think of all the birthdays and holidays he has spent locked away😔

I get that.

But. (and it is a 'but', not a 'however.') That is the issue with all documentaries. There are countless other examples I've seen in the past that actually, missed out really important facts. (I see you are in Australia so might not be familiar with Bloody Sunday, or the Hillsborough Disaster, but there have been supposed documentaries about both, which presented a totally false narrative, which in both cases, has been proven to be false.)

As your for point on the threats, yes mate, you are absolutely bang on the money with that. How ridiculous that someone with no connection, would suggest they would wish harm on someone that had only been accused of wrong doing by the defence in a court case.

MaM has served a purpose for its makers, that is for sure. They have made millions, as will Zellner, Nirider and the gang. Even Duffin is in on the attention seeking, as anyone could see Dassey was not getting released earlier this month.

And it has got us discussing it from our armchairs. If only we got paid for it. :)

I know about both Bloody Sunday and the Hillsborough tragedy but I haven't seen any documentaries on them. I will include the several JonBenet documentaries as well. They too, were focused only on the Ramsey defense team point of view. They left out important evidence and showed pieces of Police interview footage they believed was favourable to them. They also tried to pin it on a guy who is dead.

Imo they will keep riding this gravy train as long as they possibly can. What I want to know, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, is if Duffin will be interviewed and included in MaM 2. I don't believe for one second that Duffin ever truely believed BD would walk out of those prison gates. Surely he knew that he didn't have the last say? Perhaps that is why he never included "effective immediately" in his rulings. JMO

Duffin is in the circuit court that hears appeals, and the writ of habeas corpus came to him - he didn't seek it out.

It's absurd to suggest Duffin horned into this case for the millions of dollars he's allegedly going to realize from considering this case. It's his job.

Hallelujah and thank you Michael Griesbach!

3c56b02b05dfd18c9d3a5b3976e0b090.jpg

Tried posting the link but it took me back to my own profile. His name is easily searched.

Tried posting the link but it took me back to my own profile. His name is easily searched.

Yep, Hallelujah.... showing just how unprofessional he is as a sitting Prosecutor in Manitowoc County and a board member with the Wisconsin Innocence Project (who has had to issue a statement separating themselves from him and have made it clear they do not share his views).

I wonder if he feels that way about the lawyers who work at the Innocence Project who work tirelessly trying to exonerate the wrongfully convicted?

And then I find it highly ironic that he talks about the system... they very system that convicted SA and BD in the first place. The same system that convicted SA the first time wrongly.

JMO

I read his book about the case. It opened my eyes to a number of things I didn't know...things that were in the case files. One huge 'gotcha' for me was learning to what extent the filmmakers spliced trial footage to make it look like Lenk, Colburn and other state witnesses were trying to not answer a question or give a different answer altogether. They did this not only with trial footage, but also the phone call(s) from Colburn. I knew there was manipulation in that miniseries, but I didn't know those 2 filmmakers were actually creating false testimony. There were others things too, not just that. The book was a fairly quick read. I stayed up late one night and finished it because I couldn't put it down.

Yep, Hallelujah.... showing just how unprofessional he is as a sitting Prosecutor in Manitowoc County and a board member with the Wisconsin Innocence Project (who has had to issue a statement separating themselves from him and have made it clear they do not share his views).

I wonder if he feels that way about the lawyers who work at the Innocence Project who work tirelessly trying to exonerate the wrongfully convicted?

And then I find it highly ironic that he talks about the system... they very system that convicted SA and BD in the first place. The same system that convicted SA the first time wrongly.

JMO
Great post, again😊
Not so sure why HE feels like he needs to get all riled up too🙄 To each his own I suppose.
I wonder if Zellner herself told him " psst, I think my client is guilty " or he's just making ASSumptions once again😉
He seems like another person feeling a bit inadequate..no, intimidated by her brilliance🤔
JMO

Does anyone have any specific examples of how the testimony was spliced? I know I have read that Colborn's expression was used more than once, and I know the call was shortened (it didn't include the beginning of the call), but I would love to see where testimony was spliced and have testimony that is not true at all. Might have to go look for transcripts of both.

The trial transcripts don't lie. I've read them, as many here have. The transcripts have been out for about a year now, I think the majority rely on the trial transcripts and not the series. But I'm still interested in knowing where it was spliced to show different answers. I have read posts from MG where he admits to not seeing or reading things regarding the 2005 case, I wouldn't take much of what he says as truth, but again JMO

I read his book about the case. It opened my eyes to a number of things I didn't know...things that were in the case files. One huge 'gotcha' for me was learning to what extent the filmmakers spliced trial footage to make it look like Lenk, Colburn and other state witnesses were trying to not answer a question or give a different answer altogether. They did this not only with trial footage, but also the phone call(s) from Colburn. I knew there was manipulation in that miniseries, but I didn't know those 2 filmmakers were actually creating false testimony. There were others things too, not just that. The book was a fairly quick read. I stayed up late one night and finished it because I couldn't put it down.
His book was filled with first hand knowledge of the case. Especially when he discussed the handwritten letter SA sent him.

I am grateful he is standing against SA's defense attorney. She can't complain when someone plays her at her own game. JMO

Does anyone have any specific examples of how the testimony was spliced? I know I have read that Colborn's expression was used more than once, and I know the call was shortened (it didn't include the beginning of the call), but I would love to see where testimony was spliced and have testimony that is not true at all. Might have to go look for transcripts of both.

The trial transcripts don't lie. I've read them, as many here have. The transcripts have been out for about a year now, I think the majority rely on the trial transcripts and not the series. But I'm still interested in knowing where it was spliced to show different answers. I have read posts from MG where he admits to not seeing or reading things regarding the 2005 case, I wouldn't take much of what he says as truth, but again JMO
It's in Griesbach's book. He explains it very well :)

JMO

In my opinion MG needs to provide some persuasive evidence that Zellner 'knows' SA is guilty *and* that she intends to
'obfuscate' *and* that any rational person should consider her to be 'deceptive'.

It would appear based on this message from MG that he has decided to imitate Trump and just post a lot of wild and reckless false accusations and insults to stir up hate and fear among his 'base'.

Speaking for myself, I have no fear. I understand he is stating his opinion and judging by the messages he has been sent, people are getting riled up about it. :) JMO

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

His book does not have very good reviews. One reviewer called it mostly "lengthy narcissistic ramblings" and that he seems mostly disappointed that he didn't get as much attention in the documentary as he felt he deserved. Think I'll pass.

Speaking for myself, I have no fear. I understand he is stating his opinion and judging by the messages he has been sent, people are getting riled up about it. :) JMO

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Really? I can't imagine anyone getting riled up by him. Strange, IMO.

Really? I can't imagine anyone getting riled up by him. Strange, IMO.
Agreed IDK. Why would they? What would they have to lose by what he says? I don't think his opinion whether fact or evidenced based is going to be a factor in whether or not KZ is able to show her client is not responsible for TH's murder. IMHO

I think Madeleine has pointed that out a number of times quite eloquently.

This includes a quote from MG's FB page:

"Since the documentary aired, the 2014 book has been generating a ton of one-star reviews on Amazon. Griesbach complained about the bad reviews in a Facebook comment, in which he revealed that in the first 18 months of its release, the book had an average rating of four stars. Now the book has an average of 2.5 stars. “I’m all for First Amendment free expression,” he wrote. “But sabotaging a book because you’ve been brainwashed and don’t like its conclusion, to use a legal term, is bull*****.”"

http://www.adweek.com/galleycat/how-a-popular-documentary-can-influence-book-sales/116832

I certainly hope he is not embarking on a personal vendetta against KZ due to his feelings of being sabotaged.That would be highly unprofessional.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back