Autopsy Results

Re: fibers. Could this monster have rolled her into a carpet?

I'm reminded that clothing removed but lack of SA could also indicate an attempt at staging a sexually-motivated crime to cover up something else. Sorry no 'good' options here, only thinking aloud.

:parrot:

Saw this among the numerous articles that AngelWhoCares posted today and thought I'd bring it over for those that either don't, or haven't had the time to go through them all.

Thank you AngelWhoCares for ALL YOU DO!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Task force furious over
autopsy leak

MONROE, Mich. - Monroe County investigators are not happy with the leak of the autopsy results for Nevaeh Buchanan.

Although that information is generally public information, the Nevaeh task force, which is comprised of Monroe city, Monroe County, Michigan State Police, and the FBI, chose not to release the results.

The autopsy results were leaked to the Detroit Free Press, which published the report Tuesday afternoon..

The move sent investigators scrambling to notify Nevaeh's family and try to patch up this major blow to their investigation.

snipped from here:http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/michigan/wupw_Task_force_furious_over_autopsy_leak_071509

Video with article

How awful as it might hinder the investigation now in arresting the perp. Well I am sure there is other info the police have that only the killer knows.

It reminds me of when Laci's AR was leaked on national TV. We learned then there are so many ways it could have been leaked thru computer connections, but I hope they do find the person responsible for this leak. xox

I heard this on the news today and it just made me sick. Another little one buried alive.....Jessica Lunsford too. I'll never understand how one human being can do something like this to another. Especially to a little tiny 5 yr old.
I hope the killer is caught soon and locked up where he belongs. I also believe the mother of this beautiful child should join the killer in prison. She is to blame for the death of this little girl. She may as well have handed this little girl over to her sex offender buddies and told them to do to her as they wished. She has even stated that she HAS NO REGRETS! We will have no regrets when her @ss is marched off to prison either :furious:

When I heard this it just made me ill and broke my heart. I pray LE got to the family in time to tell them this and they did not hear it on the news or read it. They need to find who did this to this precious child and let justice be served. Though legal justice will never be enough for what this person did to this child imo.

Re: fibers. Could this monster have rolled her into a carpet?

That's a scenario I hadn't thought of. That could very well be. My initial reaction was that she was put in the trunk of a car.

The whole thing makes me ill and so sad.:(

A monster who can pour cement over the small body of a 5yo is capable of anything. There needs to be a gag order put in place for family and, if possible, for the media. Leaks like this are unacceptable and can severely hinder a case that needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I feel certain forensics will nail this perp to the wall...the FBI and LE need time.

poor baby girl...we are all thinking of you and hoping that your killer is brought to justice. it kills me inside to think of what she went through.

i hope that this leak doesn't hinder the investigation too badly and i think her family and neighbors need to zip it.

This news was so horrifying. I shudder to even think about it. The carpet fibers are disturbing as well.

Due to the shallowness of the grave she was found it, I'm thinking (just a theory) that she was moved at least once.

A monster who can pour cement over the small body of a 5yo is capable of anything. There needs to be a gag order put in place for family and, if possible, for the media. Leaks like this are unacceptable and can severely hinder a case that needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I feel certain forensics will nail this perp to the wall...the FBI and LE need time.

Imo, LE should not have withheld autopsy records from her family in the first place. Some things, the family has a right to know, and should be told, unless they choose to not want to know.
LE should give more respect to family members of victims.
Having said that, I hope my intuition that her mom was involved is wrong.

God Bless little Neveah, may she rest in peace.
May the minds and hearts of those who did this to her never sleep another night without nightmares, until they confess to their crimes against little Neveah.
May they be consumed with fear of being found out, and tormented with guilt. May they turn themselves in quickly if for no other reason, then just to get relieve from the nightmares, the consuming guilt, and the fear.
Amen.

Imo, LE should not have withheld autopsy records from her family in the first place. Some things, the family has a right to know, and should be told, unless they choose to not want to know.
LE should give more respect to family members of victims.
Having said that, I hope my intuition that her mom was involved is wrong.

God Bless little Neveah, may she rest in peace.
May the minds and hearts of those who did this to her never sleep another night without nightmares, until they confess to their crimes against little Neveah.
May they be consumed with fear of being found out, and tormented with guilt. May they turn themselves in quickly if for no other reason, then just to get relieve from the nightmares, the consuming guilt, and the fear.
Amen.

The investigation takes precedent over the family seeing the autopsy results. My MIL was murdered 5 years ago, we still do not have the autopsy results from the state.

In this case there is a psychopath on the loose (supposedly) that buried a five year old alive. That is a huge risk to the community. Releasing the autopsy to anyone, family or not, completely compromises the investigation. They could have used details from the autopsy to know whether a suspect knows about the crime or not. The autopsy being leaked to the press is the outrageous part. MOO

How devastating for you all, impatientredhead, I'm sorry.

I totally agree with what you are saying. Unless they purposely leaked it. That is my only other thought.

It tells me the perp could not complete the act for whatever reason. JMO. I pray she was unconscious when she suffocated so that her terror was lessened. Clearly something happened while she was conscious that caused her to put up a sufficient fuss that she was clawing at carpet-are we sure it was not inside of a vehicle?

It also might make one think that this was made to look like a sexual attack, when in fact, it really wasn't. JMO - but I can't wait to see what the carpet fibers from Nevaeh's apt. turn out to tell us.

Salem

OMG, I just checked in hoping to see if there was an arrest and I was not prepared to read this news. I did NOT even read the links, just seeing the posts was more than I could bear to know. I can't even write what I am feeling because it would be bleeped or deleted altogether.

What monster did this to this baby? I have a 3 year old and 7 year old granddaughers and I am just sick to think anyone could harm a hair on their precious heads. Grandsons too, not just my granddaughters.

:furious:

I wish I were surprised, but I'm not. My suspicions were from the beginning that she was buried alive. I had hoped not, but I really did figure she was.

I am glad that at least the report wasn't supposed to be leaked, it doesn't make it any better that it was, but I feel a little better knowing that it wasn't intentonally released.

I am beginning to see more and signs of panic in the disposal and murder. Most people do not move a body unless they have to. I can't imagine it's a fun task as decomp starts pretty quick.

For the most part, unless a person has jerry rigged carpet scraps for floormats, they can tell the difference between home carpeting and car carpeting. Car carpet is made to hide dirt and the fibers are not as tightly woven, making it possible for dirt to fall into the bottom of the mat. It is also usually composed of different materials than house carpet. If they are searching homes and taking carpet samples, then they are relatively sure that the fibers are from a home.

ETA: Okay, not from the beginning, I did suspect she was dead from day one, but ever since the discovery of the body, I have bet on things coming to light pretty much the way they have.

Sweet Jesus, how horrifying for that sweet little girl!! When I read about this, I was enraged! How anyone could do this to an innocent child, I will never understand it. Thank God I won't understand it either. I pray that LE finds out who did this and prosecutes them and that they get the death penalty. I really wish that there were more strict laws against people that commit crimes against children (even one time). They need to be locked away for life! JMO.

Sweet Jesus, how horrifying for that sweet little girl!! When I read about this, I was enraged! How anyone could do this to an innocent child, I will never understand it. Thank God I won't understand it either. I pray that LE finds out who did this and prosecutes them and that they get the death penalty. I really wish that there were more strict laws against people that commit crimes against children (even one time). They need to be locked away for life! JMO.

MI= no death penalty.

It's a nice thought though.

I think the lack of sexual assault means that the perp did not take her for sexual gratification and therefore, maybe we are not looking for an SO at all.

I think the lack of sexual assault means that the perp did not take her for sexual gratification and therefore, maybe we are not looking for an SO at all.

I thought they hadn't released info about whether she was sexually assaulted. Did I miss that?

I thought they hadn't released info about whether she was sexually assaulted. Did I miss that?

That is a novel thought here DotsEyes. And I don't think they have given out that info yet STEADFAST.

We have pretty well concentrated on SO involvement here. The family had SO's in and around them which gave us the thought. Her being found naked also adds to that. Children are so often sexually abused by family and friends.

I think her abduction falls into that 30% statistic of either family or friend being involved. It could have been an accident.

However, if it was accidental, IMO, it happened around someone who was very angry with her to kill her in such a viscous way. That would have to be a crazy person.

Or else she was taken to be killed by some serial type killer - maybe his first kill. It was just such a bizarre death with the possibility of several unique MO's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back