IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were my girlfriend that went missing I would be doing everything possible to help find her... does anyone else think it is odd how soon LS boyfriend left town???

With the information we have so far, I'm not convinced the boyfriend played a part in this. I heard that that he's not allowed to search.. So maybe he went home to spend quality time with his family during this sad time.

I have a strong feeling that JR and CR are holding back information.. I also believe they know who was driving the white truck. More than one person knows what happened.

If the truck passed by first at 4:14, when Lauren should still have been in JR's apartment about to make a call to the other guy, then it was clearly out there doing something else besides stalking Lauren. The call is supposed to have been made at 4:15, which would be verifiable, someone made a call at that time. Maybe not Lauren. But the 4:14 and 4:15 kind make me wonder if the call wasn't made to someone who happened to be in that truck?

I just want to get an idea of what everyone thinks happened...

who thinks this is a stranger abduction

who thinks LS friends are involved

who thinks something other than these two scenarios
I think her friends or friends of friends were involved. LS leaving her phone and shoes makes me think maybe she was drugged on top of her alcohol consumption. The fight has me worried about how this group of people handles problems. LS making sure the guy got home ok, doesn't make sense...it should have been the other way around. The 2nd guy watching her leave doesn't make sense either. He was chivralous enough to put a man to bed, but seemed to think it was ok to let a small, intoxicated, barefoot female, who didn't even have a phone, to just walk away into the night? and the 1st guy has no memory...I don't have any idea of what happened, but these 2 guys and their stories don't add up, IMO.

The boyfriend is in a difficult situation, considering police declared him a POI. I am not surprised he left town. With all the cameras up there, I find it very hard to believe boyfriend had anything to do with it. He'd have to get from where he was to where she was, so wouldn't someone trying to do that be caught on camera somewhere?

I agree with what you are saying.. has anyone been following JW on facebook or twitter.. just curious as to what he has been saying if anything at all.

While I have suspicions all around, the only thing I'm positive of is this:

the girl roommate is hiding something.

How many girls do you think have put themselves in the exact same position as LS especially in a college town and nothing ever happens.Because it takes incredible bad timing.But sooner or later...

I think her friends or friends of friends were involved. LS leaving her phone and shoes makes me think maybe she was drugged on top of her alcohol consumption. The fight has me worried about how this group of people handles problems. LS making sure the guy got home ok, doesn't make sense...it should have been the other way around. The 2nd guy watching her leave doesn't make sense either. He was chivralous enough to put a man to bed, but seemed to think it was ok to let a small, intoxicated, barefoot female, who didn't even have a phone, to just walk away into the night? and the 1st guy has no memory...I don't have any idea of what happened, but these 2 guys and their stories don't add up, IMO.

The guy who put roommate (CR) to bet was MB. Not the same guy watching Lauren leave-that was JR.

If the truck passed by first at 4:14, when Lauren should still have been in JR's apartment about to make a call to the other guy, then it was clearly out there doing something else besides stalking Lauren. The call is supposed to have been made at 4:15, which would be verifiable, someone made a call at that time. Maybe not Lauren. But the 4:14 and 4:15 kind make me wonder if the call wasn't made to someone who happened to be in that truck?

that's exactly what I've been thinking too.. do we not know what number was being dialed from the call @ 4:15am?
My belief is that the call was being made from one of the guys to whoever was in the white truck.. possibly giving them an exact location to "pick up" or when the "coast is clear".

The timing of the truck is almost in direct correlation with the supposed call and time it would take to pick something up. Also, the bed being empty at 4:14 and looking like something was put in the back 10 min later.

The guy who put roommate (CR) to bet was MB. Not the same guy watching Lauren leave-that was JR.

Right, so at least two guys watched this young girl wander off into the night...

A lawyer said the phone call was made to DR who didn't answer it, at 4:15 am. But I am not sure how exact the lawyer was regarding the timing of the phone call. It appears he meant about 4:15 am, so us trying to figure out the exact timeline based on the phone call goes right out the window.

"Rohn received a phone call about 4:15 a.m. June 3, Chapman said. “Somebody called Rohn’s number at 4:15 and it was not answered, but I don’t know who called,” he said."
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.327394.sto

With the information we have so far, I'm not convinced the boyfriend played a part in this. I heard that that he's not allowed to search.. So maybe he went home to spend quality time with his family during this sad time.

I have a strong feeling that JR and CR are holding back information.. I also believe they know who was driving the white truck. More than one person knows what happened.

Too me, it just looks really bad that he left. Like he doesn't care at all. I realize he may not be allowed to search but he could still be there supporting her parents or as others have said, handing out water/food to the searchers. And if he has nothing to hide...

Right, so at least two guys watched this young girl wander off into the night...

MB would presumably only watch her go to JR's apartment, although I am not sure on that because we have seen different variations of that story reported by hearsay.

Too me, it just looks really bad that he left. Like he doesn't care at all. I realize he he may not be allowed to search but he could still be there supporting her parents or as others have said, handing out water/food to the searchers. And if he has nothing to hide...

Yea, well there is that additional aspect of LS hanging out with another guy that night. The guy that was allegedly beat up by boyfriend's friend.

I just want to get an idea of what everyone thinks happened...

who thinks this is a stranger abduction

who thinks LS friends are involved

who thinks something other than these two scenarios

By the facts that we know LS friends
By the way the police are acting a stranger abduction

I was curious about what a parent would want thier son or daughter to do in this situation, as a POI, so I asked my mom and she said if it were her son she would want to get them out of bloomington asap and hire a lawyer right away just because of all of the media attention....

i think it is important to realize that hiring an attorney is not an admission of guilt, just a way to protect yourself... i mean LE has charged innocent people with crimes before...

If it were my girlfriend that went missing I would be doing everything possible to help find her... does anyone else think it is odd how soon LS boyfriend left town???

If this were my son, I would definitely hire an attorney. But if he had been in a long-term relationship with a missing girl, I think I would go to the location and provide support to both my son and the girl's parents. I can't understand why he left town either. Maybe the pressure from the community was really intense. The article below says that JW is "represented by Bloomington attorney Larry Lozano", so maybe he plans on returning. I just don't get the feeling he was involved, but it's hard to rule him out because he is the boyfriend.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

They can all hire attorneys, that is the thing to do these days, apparently, but it does not mean they have to stop cooperating with police and making themselves available. I hope they are all doing so, but from what Lauren's parents are saying in their pleas, it sounds as this is not the case.

I was curious about what a parent would want thier son or daughter to do in this situation, as a POI, so I asked my mom and she said if it were her son she would want to get them out of bloomington asap and hire a lawyer right away just because of all of the media attention....

i think it is important to realize that hiring an attorney is not an admission of guilt, just a way to protect yourself... i mean LE has charged innocent people with crimes before...

Your mom thinks like me. I would give my son the same advice. It would be different if he were not named a POI, but since he has been, and he's not allowed to join in the search efforts, then he's of no help to anyone in Bloomington. If he stayed, he would be subjected to the scrutiny of the dangerous rumor mongers. Even worse, his life could be at risk from attack. If he's not guilty, then he's a victim. I hope he has a strong support system at home.

Who are the other POI's? CR, MB, JW, JR and who? Maybe DR, HT? That still leaves 4 people. I wonder who they are.

Good points here: I was thinking it was weirdly unlucky to have traffic at all on that part of College at that hour, but you're right-- a predator looking for a victim would likely not be looking for a girl alone at that hour AND on a Thursday/Friday night/morning. And not there. Of course it's possible. But so very, very unbelievably unlucky.

Indeed, this is what happened (we think) to Jill Behrman eleven years ago.

You know, These are great points, but there are also a million and one reasons a truck could be seen doing 2 passes on a block. I think about how often friends and I drive down the same street within a short time frame and we are up to nothing of note or major.

- Driver might have picked someone up and had to circle back.
- Driver might have been looking for something specific (street addy) and missed it on the first pass.
- Driver might be looking for food/gas/what have you and double backed.
- Driver might have been dropping someone off from a night out and doubled back to go home.
-Driver might be LOST
-Driver might have seen something that looked weird and decided to give it a second look.

Lots of things could make someone appear multiple times on a camera.

When I leave my house and go down the bottom of my street there is a camera mounted to a car place. I'm sure it captures me, multiple times a month, leaving and then coming back within a short time span or circling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82