WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the live coverage on the washington station and a thought occured to me. Did Julia leave the keys in the car when she left the car HOPING that someone would take the car and lend credence to her story? Hmmmmm

I just finished listening to the live stream from KIRO7 in Seattle. Not sure when the link tot the program will come up tho. It was very touching to hear Pappa speak of Sky and his little girl... and his Christian beliefs are what pull him through, and help him to keep his smile going...I wish I held the same optimism, and I hope his beliefs see him through to a joyous return of his son. There was no real, "news" on the hour long program for any of us, but I am glad they profiled this as to spread the word, get his face out there, etc. They also profiled other missing kids, whose parents hold out hope. So sad for the children and their families.

On another note, has anyone Googled King Street Kafe, Pappa's business? A few days ago I did and read some Yelp-like reviews from customers. Several comments about the high prices, and yet many posts saying, "what a nice guy" the owner is. Personally, and from what I have seen, this man walks the walk. He seems very sincere, thoughtful, kind and gentle.

I'd strongly agree if I didn't think mom's severe OCD would cause her to make a mistake and give LE the break their looking for in locating Sky.

JMO

I think they need to put her in a really nasty dirty police car with a couple of coughing sneezing officers for a litttle while. IMOO

My daughter-in-law rejected every medical diagnosis when she was in the depth of her madness, and also refused all medication, even after she was hospitalized.

At one point, she told us she was just "more connected to God" than others and felt herself to be more special in an entitled way. I think it's fairly common, especially for bipolars.

So did I but I never hurt my child.

In thinking about this case today I wondered if we are often too hard on the moms and blame them. It is perfectly possible that someone drove up and saw an abandoned baby and thought "the mom does not deserve this child." I could sorta see that in a busy place. But the odds of a child abductor stopping by the car and getting out and seeing sky in the car just makes it really strange.

Most people would assume something tragic had happened to the mother or adult driving the car. They would immediately call the police thinking that this was a car jacking gone wrong.

It just boggles the mind that no one called about the car being abandoned at all. Seems like she is lying about it for this reason.

Julia is "UPSET"?

Upset is when the dog eats your roast that you made for guests 10 miutes before they come over.

"Upset" is not what you feel when YOUR SON IS MISSING!

It gets even better, IHAVENOCLUE. This statement is from the same article (http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/missing-boys-mother-upset-whole-situation/nFfqn/): "So upset, according to her attorney, that she is unable to speak with police directly or take a polygraph test." Her lawyer must be a comedian.

Is JB also too busy looking for a Sugar Daddy to look for Sky?

Ok.. I'm so confused and a bit frustrated at the moment:crazy:
What gives?? Can anyone explain why it is that we can view in PDF SM's court doc declaration anytime we want?? But I can't locate Julia's declarations and motions filed?? But yet ATLEAST two different media websites make direct quotes from Julia's declarations and even state that they have in their possession Julia's declarations.. So does anyone know where we can view Julia's declarations.. They definitely are public.. Anyone know? Websites said some docs are through King County District Court and others are through King County Superior Court??

TIA:)

It gets even better, IHAVENOCLUE. This statement is from the same article (http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/missing-boys-mother-upset-whole-situation/nFfqn/): "So upset, according to her attorney, that she is unable to speak with police directly or take a polygraph test." Her lawyer must be a comedian.

Is JB also too busy looking for a Sugar Daddy to look for Sky?

Awww poor thing <insert sarcasm>. If she that "upset" then maybe she needs to be put in a psychiatric hospital under watch, in a special room and not even be allowed to go to the bathroom without someone constantly watching her.

The fact that she would leave her children alone for 12 hours with no supervision shows me she has ZERO concern for her children and no maternal instincts.

I honestly think the cops are just laying low and just watching to see what she does and hoping she does something to incriminate herself. I feel they don't want to set her off into a paranoid state and they are carefully gathering evidence and will be coming down on her soon.

Ok.. I'm so confused and a bit frustrated at the moment:crazy:
What gives?? Can anyone explain why it is that we can view in PDF SM's court doc declaration anytime we want?? But I can't locate Julia's declarations and motions filed?? But yet ATLEAST two different media websites make direct quotes from Julia's declarations and even state that they have in their possession Julia's declarations.. So does anyone know where we can view Julia's declarations.. They definitely are public.. Anyone know? Websites said some docs are through King County District Court and others are through King County Superior Court??

TIA:)

Nope, all I have seen are Solomon's. Strange, yes?

So now that I have confirmation of the car belonging to her brother, the comment she made to police that it had been "running strange" the past week, I would be interested in knowing how long she actually had the vehicle in her possession and if the car was really not running well why her brother would lend it to her? I know my brother would NOT let me drive a car that was messed up. I still want to know why she had it in the first place. Car situation is still uneasy in my mind.

In thinking about this case today I wondered if we are often too hard on the moms and blame them. It is perfectly possible that someone drove up and saw an abandoned baby and thought "the mom does not deserve this child." I could sorta see that in a busy place. But the odds of a child abductor stopping by the car and getting out and seeing sky in the car just makes it really strange.

Most people would assume something tragic had happened to the mother or adult driving the car. They would immediately call the police thinking that this was a car jacking gone wrong.

It just boggles the mind that no one called about the car being abandoned at all. Seems like she is lying about it for this reason.
RBBM
I feel just the opposite. That we, as societies, all too often look for reasons to minimize a mother's involvement and filicides are allowed to propagate.

In every maternal filicide case I have ever followed there has been the following offered as theories for why mothers kill: sexual abuse; spousal abuse; being physically abused as a child; having children at a young age; substance abuse; mental illness; poor role models; the way in which they themselves were parented; low income; little secondary education, etc.

Certainly some of these factors are present in filicides but in no way should they, in my opinion, even begin to diminish the crime of stealing a child's life away. Except, of course, in cases of true psychosis in which the mother is truly incapable of determining right from wrong. Those filicides in my opinion are tragedies.

The vast majority though exhibit overwhelming characteristics of selfishness, revenge, narcissism, and apathy. Research has shown that depression is most often associated with filicide (some studies peak at 71%) and while we all know depression is a mental illness what about the millions of mothers who suffer from it and do their damndest to be great moms? What about those women who overcome tumultuous and turbulent childhoods themselves to ensure their children have it better than they did? What about the wives who risk their own lives to remove their children from an abusive household? What about the moms who are single parents without support systems that struggle to attend school, work, and are still there for their kids school play?

At some point I think society needs to accept that murdering a child is most often a choice and hold the parent fully responsible for that choice. We have seen that trend already in paternal filicides but maternal filicides are rarely afforded the same social disdain or judicial decree.

-->Off my soapbox now. Sorry...I am really passionate that far too many mothers are getting away with murder. Many more than statistics can even speculate. JMHO

Stuck on the car tonight. I was just thinking; given her history of blaming others for her actions...if it was HIS car that broke down on her and I had her mentality I would be pissed at him. "If if werent for your piece of crap car breaking down I wouldnt have had to leave him to go get gas blah blah blah..." But, she didn't. In fact shes been staying with him. Puzzling. If I were innocent that is...

Awww poor thing <insert sarcasm>. If she that "upset" then maybe she needs to be put in a psychiatric hospital under watch, in a special room and not even be allowed to go to the bathroom without someone constantly watching her.

The fact that she would leave her children alone for 12 hours with no supervision shows me she has ZERO concern for her children and no maternal instincts.

I honestly think the cops are just laying low and just watching to see what she does and hoping she does something to incriminate herself. I feel they don't want to set her off into a paranoid state and they are carefully gathering evidence and will be coming down on her soon.

Better yet, how about her own private cell, with a shared toilet of course.

Thread 7 is available for reference again.

Thanks,

Salem

I agree!

Julia is "UPSET"?

Upset is when the dog eats your roast that you made for guests 10 miutes before they come over.

"Upset" is not what you feel when YOUR SON IS MISSING!
O/T...
My dog Basia did exactly that! The guy next door was to cater a family Thanksgiving and had SMOKED A TURKEY!
ha loaded it in the back of his van... left it open to get the stuffin and sweet taters... LO and BEHOLD... MY dog climed in the van and by the time he returned ... the turkey was well... TOAST!
My neighbor was a jerk so I REALLY was not TOO "upset" and I :floorlaugh:
OK I felt bad a little.
BUT I agree! NOT a MISSING child just a caterer that didn't get paid!
my &#9829; breaks for Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member