Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it really such an awful site?They did not find the body for 3 months!
In the beginning I read people saying it was such a miracle the body was found at all!

Newshound, I've wondered why a hunter didn't run across the body or see some buzzards circling and check what they were after.

Newshound, I've wondered why a hunter didn't run across the body or see some buzzards circling and check what they were after.

Yea, I don't know ,there has been much discussion about what conditions on the ground actually were, was the "grass" there really knee or waist high in Oct.? Also the ground in that area has been covered with snow for many weeks.It has been said there was no hunting there and nobody would even be out on that portion of the land 'til the next "cutting". Mr.Bass stated in an interview someplace today they did not have a problem with trespassers and also that he does not employ farm hands, he does all the work there himself.

I have a feeling this EH was on LE's radar. Come on, he reregistered on Monday, and the farm owner finds the body Tuesday. Maybe LE sent the farm owner out to check out his property because of info they had about EH and they thought Morgan might be somewhere in the area. LE does not always release accurate info on purpose. Plus I just read her mom said she may not have even gone to the concert (Just read this on this site). Maybe parents or LE found out where she actually was, and it led them in this direction. All speculation, but pretty intriguing. Very, very sad that an innocent young girl cannot trust anyone.

This is REALLY weird, why did he reregister On 1/25 and the body is found on 1/26????

WHAT!?

The farm owner has had trouble with people having parties. How can you not, it's a farm there's bound to be parties.

The local news NBC29- I'm here at the college in Charlottesville- has said that the farm owner gets hunters every know and then on his property. the hunters have not caused any problems so far

I'll try it...

http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/offenderDetails.html?regId=20223

This shows his work place and the map where he lives. At the bottom of the page is the map, if you zoom in you can see how close he lives as compared to where Morgan was found.

I didn't see a map following this link....what type of terrain is between his place and the farm?

Could she have escaped from him and took off running this way? If so she may have died from injuries in that wheat field or he could have caught up with her and finished her off there. That would solve the dilemma of how her body was transported there.

I will have to research the threads on this case, but does anyone else remember the discussion surrounding Morgan having been in contact with a guy she had been talking with on the computer? Some had theorized that perhaps she left with him from the concert, or that she never went to the concert but instead met up with this guy. I am highly suspicious that, if she had been in touch with a young guy via the internet, that it may very well have been the perp. Indeed, I am wondering if it is EH, and also if LE has taken his computer or has done any type of investigation of him at all? Anyone have the answers to these questions? Sorry if some of these questions have been previously answered/discussed- it is so time consuming to keep up with all of these sad cases with great detail. Thanks in advance for your answers.

I too have been wondering about the possibility of her running to get away from someone and just happened to die where she was found. Maybe she was attacked somewhere close by then ran into the farm? Maybe she was tossed out of a car on the road to the west of the farm and she ran into the woods and only made it part way onto the field before collapsing and dying. I know NG laughed the possibility off last night of Morgan running into the field herself, but, I don't think anything can really be ruled out yet.

I didn't see a map following this link....what type of terrain is between his place and the farm?

Could she have escaped from him and took off running this way? If so she may have died from injuries in that wheat field or he could have caught up with her and finished her off there. That would solve the dilemma of how her body was transported there.

:cool: My very first thought, KeenEyes. Most people bring their cell phones everywhere. My hubby even brings his into the bathroom, where the only possibility of an accident is.......err, never mind. :blushing:

I live in the woods. There is no cell phone reception for 8 miles or so. Even in our state parks - the ones in mountain areas - no coverage. Carrying one is useless.

The map is all the way at the bottom of the page. If you zoom in on the house you get a rough idea of how close the two places are.

Yes, they are....and it appears that there may have been some media misinterpretation of what was said about the accessibility. From the aerial photos, it appears that there are not even any significant tracks left by those vehicles, even though there was a recent large amount of rain plus a large snow melt according to locals. Any jeep or small 4 wheel drive truck should have no problem getting back there, especially ones that have been lifted for extra ground clearance as many young people love to do to their vehicles.

jmoo

If the field had waist-high grass that has fallen over in the snow/rain, it would give a good ground-cover that would provide traction for driving. If the field were plowed under, it would probably not be drivable. Just a thought ...

So am I understanding correctly that Morgan's mother questions whether her daughter was at the concert that night? As in she never made it to the concert at all?

it would be interesting to know if the landowner or anyone else noticed car tracks in that area as from what was said on NG last night, the "grass" or whatever was planted there was waist high in October. A car would have had tough going as it would be difficult to see what sort of ground the car was driving on--e.g., rocks, ditches--because of tall grass. And a car or other vehicle would leave tracks. I grew up in the country and I wouldn't drive into a field with tall grass (even with my Subaru) but someone with a pickup or other vehicle with high ground clearance might. And of course, the predator could have walked her back there or driven part way.

The farmer didn't go to that part of the property often (2 x a year, he said?) and with all the snow and rain we've had, I would imagine tracks would be obliterated by now.

IMO, whoever did this knew the farmer only went there a couple of times a year, and not likely to in the fall/winter.

So am I understanding correctly that Morgan's mother questions whether her daughter was at the concert that night? As in she never made it to the concert at all?
SuziQ the way I read it, they (Morgan's parents) question if she lived beyond the end of the concert. I believe they feel sure she was there and then left.

IMO, while an ATV would be more agile and harder to detect, I can't imagine riding one and transporting a dead body... unless there was a cart or something hitched to the back, which would hinder the agility...

Sorry to be disturbing but how would you transport her?

Tie her to your back, tie her to a cargo area, sit on her or hold her dead body in front of you while trying to maneuver the ATV?

What if she was still alive and they went out on a 'fun' midnight ride?

IIRC, Nancy seemed almost pissed at the "dropping out of a plane" suggestion. It seemed so off the wall to me that I wondered if the guy had some sort of an inside tip to even bring such a thing up, but when NG was so disdainfully dismissive of the idea I figured the guy was just grasping at straws and trying to say something new that the other guests hadn't already mentioned, lol.

Let's hope that if the perp drug MH out of a vehicle that something identifying the perp came out with her too... Like an ATM receipt or where he paid for gas with a credit card, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong