Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at Pokeys post and pictures of where she/he thinks she had an accident?? It is not in the park. It is on Rt 9 which is east of the park. Her car would have had to float against the current to get to where it was found.
Looking at the photos taken by the helicopter hovering over the scene tonight, it's easy to see she could have just driven off the road (skid on ice, swerved to miss a raccoon, not paid attention by texting) directly above where her car was found, and flipped down the very steep river bank into the river.

Well, I have to say, I kinda gave up this forum in part because I was the only person who felt this was a psych issue. It is amazing to me all the theories that just aren't backed up by the facts. This was a psych issue.

She drove there on purpose. It is so obvious. After watching the Rick Hansen special, and seeing the search area, I became absolutely convinced that she drove into the water. Look at the search area. It's like she's trying to access the water. I totally believe she went down W 26 to try get to the river. It makes no sense with the highway there, but it is really the only reason I can think of for her to be there.

And now we have this.

I'm including my quote, because we now know the likely answer to the "difficulty." She apparently drove back and forth for some time before finally finding her way down to the river.

Possibly schizophrenia.

I'll say again, nothing would surprise me more than this :)

I'm unclear as to how schizophrenia is the obvious answer. She drove right along the river if she took 9, it's not like she wouldn't be able to find it in 2 minutes after leaving QT.

I'm also unclear how this theory is backed up by facts ;)

Am I missing something? Where is w26? does it have a road name I'm not aware of?

Also, what are you referring to with the "difficulty"? Is it something someone said?

Looking at the photos taken by the helicopter hovering over the scene tonight, it's easy to see she could have just driven off the road and flipped down the very steep river bank and into the river directly above where her car was found.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Although I don't agree that would be all that easy.
We were discussing Pokeys theory and you commented on that. I am explaining how going against a current is next to impossible.

I made this map of the search area after watching the special. When the detective was asked where the last ping was, he said "9 Highway Corrider." Note, however, that it appears she turns off 9 Highway, staying as close as possible to the river. There are some roads that head toward the river, and I suspect she explored a few of them.

We were told she just seemed to be driving around. Looking at the search area, it really looks like she drove back and forth trying to find a way down to the river. Not sure why she drove past the parks at first, though. Why else would the search area look this way? She must have driven those highways (9-Highway and NW River Road).

attachment.php

Attachments

• tonimap1.jpg
    tonimap1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 505
Speaking of maps, the map we are not allowed to talk about for reasons I don't know. Check it out again. One of the hot spots was right on.

I don't remember ever being told she seemed to be just driving around???

attachment.php

There's no guardrail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 1.02.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 1.02.10 AM.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 416
I made this map of the search area after watching the special. When the detective was asked where the last ping was, he said "9 Highway Corrider." Note, however, that it appears she turns off 9 Highway, staying as close as possible to the river. There are some roads that head toward the river, and I suspect she explored a few of them.

We were told she just seemed to be driving around. Looking at the search area, it really looks like she drove back and forth trying to find a way down to the river. Not sure why she drove past the parks at first, though. Why else would the search area look this way? She must have driven those highways (9-Highway and NW River Road).

attachment.php

Or she was lost or took a wrong turn and had to circle around to get back to the correct road.

I'll say again, nothing would surprise me more than this :)

I'm unclear as to how schizophrenia is the obvious answer. She drove right along the river if she took 9, it's not like she wouldn't be able to find it in 2 minutes after leaving QT.

I'm also unclear how this theory is backed up by facts ;)

Am I missing something? Where is w26? does it have a road name I'm not aware of?

Also, what are you referring to with the "difficulty"? Is it something someone said?

In my original theory I couldn't explain how the phone kept working for hours, if she drove into the water at that park, since it was only a 20 minute drive or so. It appears she drove all the way out to Highway 435 and back, and possibly explored a few ways down to the water, as well. So that explains why her phone kept working for an hour and a half. She was driving around.

I didn't say schizophrenia was the obvious answer. It is just one possibility. What I have been saying all along is that she was suffering some sort of psychotic break.

W 26 Ave is the road she was stopped on in North Kansas City. There was absolutely no reason for her to be on that road. We ruled out the ATM. We ruled out that she thought she was being followed (the officer came from a different direction). It is simply not a place anyone would do a drug deal. There could be only one reason for her to be there: confusion of some sort.

Or after a long night of work she just wanted to go somewhere, chill, smoke a bowl, watch the sun rise, and then head home. She seemed like the type to do that kind of thing and a park by the river seems like a pretty place to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Am I missing something here? How do we even know that she drove anywhere but into that park? You have lines all over the place, but do you think those are facts?

I'm very confused :/

People searching along waterways means they are looking for a location that might have indication she might have went into the water. It doesn't mean she actually took that route.

I'm respectfully trying to understand what you are talking about, I don't see how we know she drove along waterways, except that we know she ended up in that park.

She could have been parked in the park for 45 minutes for all we know, right?

More importantly, I just want to understand if the only reason you believe she had schizophrenia is because she had a destination that others were unaware of? or is there more to this?

Speaking of maps, the map we are not allowed to talk about for reasons I don't know. Check it out again. One of the hot spots was right on.

Yup. The first one she came up with. I think we're thinking of the same map. It's eerie. Not sure if there is anything to the rest of the theory she presented, but the hot spot was spot on.

I could by the "wrong turn" theory. Maybe she turned into the park by mistake. Then turned around to leave and somehow went off the road and rolled her car down the hill and into the river. Is there any signage leading into the park?

If this was a true accident...I wonder if we'll ever know her reasons for being in that park.

Ace, you lost me too.
We would have heard via the social media train that she was acting strangely or depressed lately or even always.

Ace, you lost me too.
We would have heard via the social media train that she was acting strangely or depressed lately or even always.

It seems that there would have been some reference to psychotic mental illness if she suffered from it.

A THICK guardrail needs to be installed above the river. I also can't find any posts which block and preclude cars from accidentally driving down the walking trail. The road and walking path are way too close to the steep river bank.
attachment.php

Is that them towing Toni's car? Saw another shot in social media, and they are just downstream from the boat ramp in Platte Landing park. That is not a highway behind them, it is a walkway. And the road behind the walkway is an access road to the boat ramp and parking lot.

edit: oops, it helps if I read all of your post before responding... :)

I don't see the need for a guardrail as I doubt the car went in off the road. The boat ramp is just upstream. Damage to the vehicle could be from the river current.

If her car was found just down from that boat ramp, I have to say that I am stunned. It was literally the single most *obvious* spot to search in the entire Parkville area. I thought LE supposedly searched the water? What water did they search, exactly? 54 days later and her car is finally found just downriver from a boat ramp. I'm just shaking my head here.

:rose: RIP Toni! :rose:

At least they found her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads