County pathologist excited about new role

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
Dr. Jonathan Lucas has been promoted.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/s...e-a797-5e20-b937-ce58e560211e.html?mode=story

REGION: County pathologist excited about new role
By MORGAN COOK mcook@nctimes.com
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012

BBM
"I want to make sure the office is viewed not just as an authority that determines cause and manner of death, but as a resource that serves families, hospitals, public safety and a public health obligation," Lucas said of his goals as chief deputy medical examiner.

:censored:

I hope Dr. Lucas has learned a few things from Dr. Cyril Wecht and Websleuths Cynic. In the RZ case he in my opinion came up seriously lacking. He failed to note and interpet key medical evidence where hundreds if not thousands of lay people were able to come to a vastly different conclusion.

The very fact he quoted from a "study" that was easily googled online but he quite clearly did NOT read the whole report. That study ended up supporting neck injuries in hangings that would make any ME seriously question if RZ was actually strangled and then hung.

The conclusion that Dr. Wecht has put forward saying you can NOT rule out that RZ WAS strangled before being hung.

It is very worrying that Dr. Lucas may have been rewarded for "falling in line" with the SDSO's office. Dr. Lucas essentially perjured himself in the last press conference by mentioning a study he clearly did not read in it's entirety.

Let me remind you Dr. Lucas we have it on video and it is probably going to come back and haunt you very soon. How about doing the right thing and reversing your decision and changing the status of the RZ case to inconclusive? Are you man enough to do the
RIGHT thing? You will go down with the Sheriff and in fact he will likely blame YOU when the AG's office starts investigating.

It's one thing to make a mistake. It's another to have new evidence pointed out to you and IGNORE it by making an inaccurate statement at a press conference.

I think we need to buy that report and send a copy of it to SDSO and ME's office in San Diego... so that they have to sign for it. That way they can't say they have never seen it.

It is really scary when people that have this much responsibility IGNORE FACTS and conclusions from other highly trained professionals. To twist the truth to hide your mistakes is unacceptable at this level of public office.

I hope Dr. Lucas has learned a few things from Dr. Cyril Wecht and Websleuths Cynic. In the RZ case he in my opinion came up seriously lacking. He failed to note and interpet key medical evidence where hundreds if not thousands of lay people were able to come to a vastly different conclusion.

The very fact he quoted from a "study" that was easily googled online but he quite clearly did NOT read the whole report. That study ended up supporting neck injuries in hangings that would make any ME seriously question if RZ was actually strangled and then hung.

The conclusion that Dr. Wecht has put forward saying you can NOT rule out that RZ WAS strangled before being hung.

It is very worrying that Dr. Lucas may have been rewarded for "falling in line" with the SDSO's office. Dr. Lucas essentially perjured himself in the last press conference by mentioning a study he clearly did not read in it's entirety.

Let me remind you Dr. Lucas we have it on video and it is probably going to come back and haunt you very soon. How about doing the right thing and reversing your decision and changing the status of the RZ case to inconclusive? Are you man enough to do the
RIGHT thing? You will go down with the Sheriff and in fact he will likely blame YOU when the AG's office starts investigating.

It's one thing to make a mistake. It's another to have new evidence pointed out to you and IGNORE it by making an inaccurate statement at a press conference.

I think we need to buy that report and send a copy of it to SDSO and ME's office in San Diego... so that they have to sign for it. That way they can't say they have never seen it.

It is really scary when people that have this much responsibility IGNORE FACTS and conclusions from other highly trained professionals. To twist the truth to hide your mistakes is unacceptable at this level of public office.

And who is left to call them to account? IMHO, the San Diego press has been entirely neutered. They seem to be in the hip pocket of the powers that be, and the wealthy white advertisers and subscribers whose opinion they fear over justice for an immigrant woman of color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46