IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read it that way. They've been clear he hasn't been linked to Tim's murder. The arrest warrant which is sealed is the warrant for menacing, threatening with a weapon.

http://www.9news.com/news/menacing-suspect-possibly-linked-to-3-unsolved-murders/479695003

This is the latest article I could find regarding the death of Tim Watkins. DN seems to be under investigation regarding the shooting, with possible additional charges coming. I don't know if this has changed, so please feel free to correct me.

RBBM
Does anyone know if this requires DNA to be submitted in the state(s) where these incidents took place? It's a SO but not a SA.
I've been wondering if his DNA was on file prior to his arrest in CO last week. According to the link I posted upstream, CO requires a DNA sample during a felony arrest. I'm trying to determine if he was in a database prior to his most recent arrest.
TIA

I do not know under which statute he was convicted or if he was ever required to submit a DNA sample.

Sorry. I have some health issues and not keeping up.

From many cases I can attest, the words 'yet' or "so far" are often forgotten or just not included in MSM; " the only good thing,,,"

"so far"

LE are - I want to say crafty, haha, but really I would, in fact, play my hand that way. Not that I'm anyone or know anything.

All you will ever get from me is my curmudgeon face..::hills::

Tis'. What it 'tis'

Indeed.

:thinking::

Tis'

JMO

IMO he is not well mentally. I mean unstable. For me the killer is someone more intelligent, cold. I feel that the evidence is merely a scheme from him.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I agree. He is not mentally healthy. Mentally healthy people do not continue to display self-destructive behavior.

I am almost convinced that they have a poor quality or foreign DNA sample that is proving unreliable in either ruling people in or out using DNA evidence. If they have a good quality sample that they have fast tracked, then it should be back at the latest by next Monday. If they don't have definitive results by then, then there is clearly an issue with what they have for DNA, which concerns me not only in the ability to catch Abby and Libby's killer but also in their ability to successfully prosecute because the case IMOO will be more reliant on circumstantial evidence.

The more I think about the events of the past week, the more I agree with you.

If LE has DNA that is unmistakably from the killer at the scene, shouldn't they be able to verify fairly quickly if it belongs to DN?

If however, they only have DNA from a can, cigarette, or other item on the trail, ( even if it IS from DN, ) that would not prove his guilt.

LE would need more evidence to prosecute.

Wonder if this could be one of the reasons we're being told it will take weeks to determine any involvement by DN...

JMO...

From many cases I can attest, the words 'yet' or "so far" are often forgotten or just not included in MSM; " the only good thing,,,"

"so far"

LE are - I want to say crafty, haha, but really I would, in fact, play my hand that way. Not that I'm anyone or know anything.

Tis'. What it 'tis'

Indeed.

Tis'

JMO
Welcome back. Hope you are better. You've been missed.

You could probably infer that. They have not confirmed he's being charged or anything though.

If the ballistics testing (which surely is completed by now) determined the .22 in DN’s possession was used to kill TW, DN would be charged with the crime, lickety split. That he hasn’t been charged by now suggests to me that there was no ballistics match.

"so far"

Tis'. What it 'tis'

Indeed.

Tis'

JMO

I do hope you’re right. And I hope you’re feeling better soon.

If the ballistics testing (which surely is completed by now) determined the .22 in DN’s possession was used to kill TW, DN would be charged with the crime, lickety split. That he hasn’t been charged by now suggests to me that there was no ballistics match.

JMO...
If its true there's no ballistics match I feel horrible for TW's family who are living through the media circus in CO.
JMO.

Hey WSers -

I just got a gig (I work freelance) that is going to keep me away from the board for the rest of the week. I'll try to pop in to see if there are developments, but if there is a big break over the next few days - like DN is charged or cleared - could someone send me a DM? Pretty please.

tyvm

Set your Google Alerts. I have one for "Liberty German arrested," and that has let me know progress.

Article on CO cyclist Tim Watkins.
https://www.bicycling.com/culture/mountain-biker-shot-to-death

"Fortunately for local riders, those reports ultimately led to the September 29 arrest of Daniel Nations, which may shed some light on the case. Nations, 32, was charged with illegal possession of a weapon—a gun—and police found a hatchet in his car, which matched a description of the car involved in the recent threats against mountain bikers. Nations is also a person of interest in the murder of two teenage hikers in Delphi, Indiana. So far, authorities have not linked Nations to Watkins' murder, but an El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson told Bicycling, "We do anticipate more charges."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we shouldn't get our hopes up, we shouldn't give up either. Until he is completely ruled out and this is the information that IN LE releases themselves, we should all be very patient.

IMO, if police is saying that DN was not excluded, at the very least, he doesn't have a rock solid alibi for the day of the murders. This is a "good" sign.

Let's see. :websleuther:

That article has a lot of issues though. For one, he was arrested September 25th. Since it seems poorly written, although I'd like to believe it, I'm not sure that the quote of the El Paso sheriff's office saying "more charges are forthcoming" isn't an old one. Jacqueline Kirby used the same words last week in this article and several others. I feel that the bicycling article isn't factual.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/daniel-nations-double-murder-indiana-el-paso-county/amp/

Article on CO cyclist Tim Watkins.
https://www.bicycling.com/culture/mountain-biker-shot-to-death

"Fortunately for local riders, those reports ultimately led to the September 29 arrest of Daniel Nations, which may shed some light on the case. Nations, 32, was charged with illegal possession of a weapon—a gun—and police found a hatchet in his car, which matched a description of the car involved in the recent threats against mountain bikers. Nations is also a person of interest in the murder of two teenage hikers in Delphi, Indiana. So far, authorities have not linked Nations to Watkins' murder, but an El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson told Bicycling, "We do anticipate more charges."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the ballistic report comes back to a match on the .22, then will they question both occupants of the red car as to who fired the weapon?
How would they know who fired it?

I'm not sure that DN is involved because he is mentally unstable and maybe he have burst of anger. I do not think he can plan cold- blooded murders.

It's entirely possible that they don't have DNA or ballistic results yet. And even if they do, they would have to look at and analyze the data, see how it fits with what they already have...and what they haven't looked at. If they're still sifting through thousands of tips, they don't know whether the next one will completely upend what they think they know.

They're not going to say anything prematurely. And they shouldn't.

From what I understand from various news reports, DN is being held on a probation violation in Teller County (being in possession of a weapon) and his bail is $2000.00. There is a SEALED warrant in San Jose County where Tim Watkins was murdered, and where people reported being harassed with a hatchet. If DN is able to bond out of Teller County(which I doubt), he might then be arrested on the warrant from San Jose. I don't think there is any reason to think he's going anywhere, and maybe that is giving ISP a chance to take their time and avoid any mistakes with their evidence. jMO
I agree with you. I think there may be two states putting cases together against him before he is charged with crimes commited. They have plenty of time. They have to get it right. Dotting the I's and crossing the t's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member