***Breaking News***DCF Shelter and GAL Custody Hearings Thread #3

So whatever this idiot and his mother were saying to these children during monitored phone conversations was negative enough for the GAL to bring it to the attention of the court and for the judge to make this decision. Just goes to show you how truly warped both of them are, because it isn't that they didn't know their phone conversations were going to be monitored.

And I am of the camp that yes, if permitted by the court, the grandmother should move back to Connecticut where most of the extended family lives. There is no good reason to stay in Florida - phone call visitations/Skype can take place from anywhere.
I never understood there being any value to the children having to stay in Florida anyway. Was that all just MS wanting to "keep them close-by"?

Time to get these children into normal schools, get lots of counseling, and assist them in beginning new lives. A big change in environment, but in the long run it will likely be of much benefit. Especially once his trial gets underway.

I expect there to be a lot more sleazy, slimy stuff that will come out during the trial. The further these children are from it, the better.

So whatever this idiot and his mother were saying to these children during monitored phone conversations was negative enough for the GAL to bring it to the attention of the court and for the judge to make this decision. Just goes to show you how truly warped both of them are, because it isn't that they didn't know their phone conversations were going to be monitored.

And I am of the camp that yes, if permitted by the court, the grandmother should move back to Connecticut where most of the extended family lives. There is no good reason to stay in Florida - phone call visitations/Skype can take place from anywhere.
I never understood there being any value to the children having to stay in Florida anyway. Was that all just MS wanting to "keep them close-by"?

Time to get these children into normal schools, get lots of counseling, and assist them in beginning new lives. A big change in environment, but in the long run it will likely be of much benefit. Especially once his trial gets underway.

I expect there to be a lot more sleazy, slimy stuff that will come out during the trial. The further these children are from it, the better.

She will probably move after the trial I guess. But Florida is all they know for now.

Thank goodness the girls will never have to be exposed to this ------- again. They might miss their "Dad" now, but as they get a little older and realize the scope of what happened, they will realize what the true consequences of this s***hole's acts were.

Uncle Curtis testimony will help them open their eyes about MS.

Jmo. But they are still to young imo.

I agree. There will be less news coverage in Connecticut and give the family a fresh start. Also they can go to a school where everyone is not familiar with their situation and be more anonymous.

There are things going on in the custody case... A subpoena was served 5/25/17 and a Notice of Lack of Prosecution was filed 5/26/17. Those documents are not view able to the public. I think this all means that if there is no record activity in a case for over 10 mths then the court will produce this notice,. JMO. I assumed the custody case would have been dismissed a long time ago since Mary has the girls permanently.

There are things going on in the custody case... A subpoena was served 5/25/17 and a Notice of Lack of Prosecution was filed 5/26/17. Those documents are not view able to the public. I think this all means that if there is no record activity in a case for over 10 mths then the court will produce this notice,. JMO. I assumed the custody case would have been dismissed a long time ago since Mary has the girls permanently.
Any guesses as to what might be going on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

NM, you were editing while I was posting - LOL.

I, too, thought the custody case was closed.

Go Grandma! :loveyou:

YES!! Grandma, you've been through too much already, loosing your precious daughter and then now giving it your all to make sure these girls can lead a half way normal life, they will never get that in Florida :( MS you've done enough damage, at least show 1 ounce of compassion for Teresas girls and let them go, you had them too long, let them have what's left of their childhood without always being in a 3 ring circus, I PLEAD!!!

Go Grandma! :loveyou:

I think that the majority of us feel that leaving Florida would be the best thing that could happen for the children. The further away from that monster, the better. MAG has taken on a tremendous responsibility dealing with her daughter's murder, relocating and dealing with the emotional trauma caused by that maggot. I cannot even try to imagine what that would be like. I hope the judge will take into consideration that MAG needs support of family. MAG is a very special lady.

I think that the majority of us feel that leaving Florida would be the best thing that could happen for the children. The further away from that monster, the better. MAG has taken on a tremendous responsibility dealing with her daughter's murder, relocating and dealing with the emotional trauma caused by that maggot. I cannot even try to imagine what that would be like. I hope the judge will take into consideration that MAG needs support of family. MAG is a very special lady.

The decision can go both ways. But with the DCF support that she has, then she has a good chance. In the article, the judge asked Mary several questions:

Branning asked Groves several questions himself, about her plans to continue the relationship the girls have with their paternal family, as well as Groves prior commitments to remaining in Lee County "for the long haul" in her hearing pleading for guardianship. Groves told the judge things changed, leading to the most recent petition.

I can only imaging the extra finances Mary is having with two homes in two different states. She made the right move doing this before summer started so the girls can get accustomed to the new surroundings and make new friends. I am curious to know if this is a sign that the trial will begin in the fall and Mary wants to make sure the girls are not in the area when it starts. I wonder if they were given a heads up in regards to that.

I thought that MAG was awarded permanent custody by Judge Robert Branning. Why does she have to get permission to relocate?

I thought that MAG was awarded permanent custody by Judge Robert Branning. Why does she have to get permission to relocate?

She has physical custody, not legal custody yet.

Go MAG! Get those precious girls out of state before this nasty drawn out trial starts.

The girls are older now so they will understand much more of the things that will come out in the trial. Why subject them to daily negatives via all the outlets available plus their peers?

Mary Ann was awarded legal, permanent guardianship. However, Judge Branning granted her request with the condition that she agree to raise the girls in Florida. She only has to "Notice" the Court if they're going to CT on a brief vacation, however relocating them for an extended time would be a violation of the agreement.

Mark was never formally stripped of his parental rights completely. About as close as it gets though because if he were acquitted and released tomorrow, he would still have to petition the Court to restore custody of the girls.

Mary Ann was awarded legal, permanent guardianship. However, Judge Branning granted her request with the condition that she agree to raise the girls in Florida. She only has to "Notice" the Court if they're going to CT on a brief vacation, however relocating them for an extended time would be a violation of the agreement.

Mark was never formally stripped of his parental rights completely. About as close as it gets though because if he were acquitted and released tomorrow, he would still have to petition the Court to restore custody of the girls.

I see MS putting up a huge big fight about the girls moving. IF he was any kind of a good father, he would want his girls out of the area so they do not see any of the news media reports and hear the awful sad testimony about their moms death. MAGS has several good reasons to ask for this relocation. I hope the Judge will allow it.

With that, can the Florida Judge, have the court system in CT follow up on the girls well being. I know MAG will do a great job but knowing MS he will ask for this if the girls are allowed to go.

Am I correct in remembering he is NOT allowed any contact with the girls even if it is supervised, phone or 'in person' because of violations?

Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back