TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to link the articles. Anyone new to her case may want to back them up because the Seattle Times updated their web site, some links like the timeline are not working anymore. Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind isn't working for me on the new link but works on the old

New York Daily News -
Texas woman’s true identity baffles ex-husband, authorities years after her suicide
‘Lori Erica Ruff’ managed to fool everyone about who she was, living under various names before taking her secrets to the grave. BY Nina Golgowski - Thursday, June 27, 2013, 11:32 AM

Fox News -
Three years after Texas woman’s suicide, a question lingers: Who was she? By Cristina Corbin - Published June 26, 2013

The Seattle Times -
She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she? Originally published June 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm Updated June 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind - Originally published June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm Updated January 2, 2014 at 9:52 am

Who is Jane Doe? We still don’t know By Maureen O'Hagan Originally published July 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Page modified July 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I'm going to send these news articles to some local papers in Kentucky and Pennsylvania with the hope that they will run a story on this case. Specific town papers.
I am hoping someone will recognize her younger photos. Hoping someone in a particular part of Kentucky might know something even if they did not know FLEK, but maybe knew someone connected to her.

Quick question... Is it possible that the family (Ruff) knows who Lori was, and is just keeping it to themselves? I have been following news on this for years, but everything seems to have dropped off since 2013. The family seems to have moved on, there doesn't seem to be a real investigation happening, and a few groups working on this woman have had posters state more or less verbatim "this case has been solved, there was not crime, please drop it so the family can move on. They would like to raise the daughter without speculation on this story all over the internet.". I realize she is still on NAMUS, and that there has not been an official statement made, but that would just stir the pot up. As of now, the only people bringing this case up are strangers here & on reddit. Anyone directly involved has quietly dropped the search and moved on, or have they? Are they still checking DNA? I just can't find any "news".

I'm going to send these news articles to some local papers in Kentucky and Pennsylvania with the hope that they will run a story on this case. Specific town papers.
I am hoping someone will recognize her younger photos. Hoping someone in a particular part of Kentucky might know something even if they did not know FLEK, but maybe knew someone connected to her.

I submitted it to WKYT, when this story first broke. I've not submitted it since. I never heard a thing on it, or about it. Get the Louisville paper involved. That's who I should have submitted to.

Nothing stirs the pot up like leaving it on the stove to boil dry. I think if the family really knew, if the case was really solved, they'd do what it took to get it taken off Namus so the whole thing would go away. I think the posters who say it's known and the family wants this that or the other are trolling or lying or otherwise up to no good. Just my two cents.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted it to blow over. What's done is done. However if they knew who she was, they could do a lot more to make this all go away.

Just a thought....

What if FLEK's notes mean absolutely nothing? I take notes like that, and it's literally just random stuff I write down. If I remember any little thing I'll just jot it onto a piece of paper, anywhere I can fit it.

I found one of my old notebooks and it looked a lot like her note pages. Stuff written every which way and in no actual order, and nobody else could understand it I'm sure.

Don't know why I mentioned this but I feel like maybe the notes are nothing special.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes, I do that, too. Especially when I'm on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only thing that points towards it having some significance is the fact she kept it in the lock box that her husband was never to go into.

That having been said, she was also obviously suffering from profound mental illness near the end.

Quick question... Is it possible that the family (Ruff) knows who Lori was, and is just keeping it to themselves? I have been following news on this for years, but everything seems to have dropped off since 2013. The family seems to have moved on, there doesn't seem to be a real investigation happening, and a few groups working on this woman have had posters state more or less verbatim "this case has been solved, there was not crime, please drop it so the family can move on. They would like to raise the daughter without speculation on this story all over the internet.". I realize she is still on NAMUS, and that there has not been an official statement made, but that would just stir the pot up. As of now, the only people bringing this case up are strangers here & on reddit. Anyone directly involved has quietly dropped the search and moved on, or have they? Are they still checking DNA? I just can't find any "news".

Sorry to say this and no disrespect to her family; I do understand wanting to raise her daughter quietly, without the stuff online for her to see but this case is not solved until Joe says it's solved; with her NamUs profile pulled.

Sorry to say this and no disrespect to her family; I do understand wanting to raise her daughter quietly, without the stuff online for her to see but this case is not solved until Joe says it's solved; with her NamUs profile pulled.

I agree.

I would like to add that there just might still be another family involved from LEKR's earlier life that has never stopped looking for their loved one and they are entitled to keep looking for answers and closure too.

I am of the camp that believes this has not been solved. I do not believe anyone knows who she really was.

I do hope SS was able to help Velling pursue a lead that will bring answers as to her true identity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Want to link the articles. Anyone new to her case may want to back them up because the Seattle Times updated their web site, some links like the timeline are not working anymore. Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind isn't working for me on the new link but works on the old

New York Daily News -
Texas woman’s true identity baffles ex-husband, authorities years after her suicide
‘Lori Erica Ruff’ managed to fool everyone about who she was, living under various names before taking her secrets to the grave. BY Nina Golgowski - Thursday, June 27, 2013, 11:32 AM

Fox News -
Three years after Texas woman’s suicide, a question lingers: Who was she? By Cristina Corbin - Published June 26, 2013

The Seattle Times -
She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she? Originally published June 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm Updated June 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind - Originally published June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm Updated January 2, 2014 at 9:52 am

Who is Jane Doe? We still don’t know By Maureen O'Hagan Originally published July 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Page modified July 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Thans Roselvr, I copied your post into the media thread.

I feel like she was running from something seriously life threatening. Was she a military deserter, a foreign spy, or former US intelligence? The latter 2 would explain her knowledge of obtaining new identities and how to evade identification. I think she was several years older than she was professing to be in her new identity and this would fall in line with her being old enough to have been trained in covert operations. The timeline of her acquiring the birth certificate and ID line up with the imminent fall of the Soviet Union. The Soviets were known to train orphans as spies because they were not attached to anything in the homeland and were easy to deeply embed in other countries. I have a hard time believing that if she was running from a crime or previous relationship, that at some point in her marriage she would not have made an admission to her husband whether overt or casual. Conversely you would think that if she was an intelligence officer (CIA, KGB etc.) she likely would have kept it from her husband. It would be interesting to know if she spoke any foreign languages or had any special talents that line up with that training.

Just my thoughts....

The foreign spy angle makes about as much sense as anything at this point. I question the CIA angle though. I know a lot of people (military, civilian, and even someone who applied for work at the CIA) who have held some pretty amazing classification levels. All of them are quite open about this with family and intimate friends. The exact details of their work are never mentioned. But the fact that they did that kind of work is no secret. I think if she was working for us, her husband would have at least known that much; though probably not the details.

I feel like she was running from something seriously life threatening. Was she a military deserter, a foreign spy, or former US intelligence? The latter 2 would explain her knowledge of obtaining new identities and how to evade identification. I think she was several years older than she was professing to be in her new identity and this would fall in line with her being old enough to have been trained in covert operations. The timeline of her acquiring the birth certificate and ID line up with the imminent fall of the Soviet Union. The Soviets were known to train orphans as spies because they were not attached to anything in the homeland and were easy to deeply embed in other countries. I have a hard time believing that if she was running from a crime or previous relationship, that at some point in her marriage she would not have made an admission to her husband whether overt or casual. Conversely you would think that if she was an intelligence officer (CIA, KGB etc.) she likely would have kept it from her husband. It would be interesting to know if she spoke any foreign languages or had any special talents that line up with that training.

Just my thoughts....

Testify against your drug dealer in 1988. He gets sentenced to 33 years in prison for killing your boyfriend in North Hollywood. He says in court that you did it! I feel that is seriously life threatening. My money is on Stalder.

My $ is on Ohio :)

My $ is on Ohio :)

May I ask why? I think I missed the whole Ohio conversation and I can't seem to find anything using the search function. If you could direct me to the thread where that discussion is taking place I'd be grateful! Thanks! :)

There is a poster / mod who is from what I have read here very good with contacting people and get results (if there are any).
You should contact him and see if he thinks it's worth pursuing and if he can do it.

I saw this article and I immediately thought about Lori Ruff:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-find-birth-mother-who-abandoned-her-in-idaho

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=eO8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3012,5198164&hl=en

This woman that gave birth to this child on April 30, 1987, in Idaho had a fake name, Amy Dee Beach.
Her height was 5 foot 5, 135 pounds in 1987. Her hair and her eyes were brown.

Beckie Sue Turner was 5 foot 6 and 130 pounds June 16, 1988 according to her State of Idaho ID card.

Perhaps this is a long shot, but I thought I would post it anyway.

IMOO.

I saw this article and I immediately thought about Lori Ruff:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-find-birth-mother-who-abandoned-her-in-idaho

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=eO8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3012,5198164&hl=en

This woman that gave birth to this child on April 30, 1987, in Idaho had a fake name, Amy Dee Beach.
Her height was 5 foot 5, 135 pounds in 1987. Her hair and her eyes were brown.

Beckie Sue Turner was 5 foot 6 and 130 pounds June 16, 1988 according to her State of Idaho ID card.

Perhaps this is a long shot, but I thought I would post it anyway.

IMOO.

Whoa. This is quite a story, and I can actually piece together a scenario where it could be Lori. Maybe this story is why Lori was so protective of her baby.

The article states that Amy Beach told them she was visiting from California-- Lori has ties to CA as well, right?

I wonder if they'd be able to take this woman's DNA sample and compare to Lori. This would explain so much. Good find, treelights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member