Woman Kicked Off Bus For Reading Bible Out Loud To Her Kids!

White Rain

Reaction score
This is unbelievable!

FORT WORTH -- A Fort Worth woman wants an apology from the city's mass transit system because of how she was treated Saturday while on her way to church. Christine Lutz claimed she was kicked off The T for reading the Bible aloud to her children.

Lutz said she was sitting in the back of the bus, but wasn't being disruptive. She claimed she was stunned when the bus driver interrupted her reading.

"She asked me to stop reading my Bible," Lutz told FOX 4. "I said, 'No, I'm reading the Bible, I'm teaching the kids, I'm going to continue.' And I continued."
more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Sounds like she was too loud.

If she was sitting in the back of the bus and the driver who obviously sits in the front of the bus heard her then yes she was being too loud and that is considered disruptive in my opinion. I don't think this has anything to do with what she was reading at all...She was being rude.

Maybe she was too loud and wanting attention..."Look at me, I am teaching my kids the bible" or something like that. Either way you have to obey the rules.

If she was loud and didn't regard the warning, then she should have been kicked off regardless of what the book was. Reading out loud so 4 kids can hear you over typical bus noises is different than reading to 1 kid, so she probably was a little louder than normal. IMO anyway.

I agree.... it sounds like she was loud and wanted attention. People want to ride in peace and not have someone taking over everyone's peace and quiet. And now she wants to make it a civil or religious rights issue. Kick her butt off!

I agree.... it sounds like she was loud and wanted attention. People want to ride in peace and not have someone taking over everyone's peace and quiet. And now she wants to make it a civil or religious rights issue. Kick her butt off!

Wants money, IMO. :furious:

At the risk of being jumped...I am going to say this! This is sickening. I am a Christian. I am not a racist. HOWEVER.....just like the "race" card often being played...so is the "religious oppression" card. I am SOOOOOO sick of this crap. People just don't want to take ANY personal responsibility of wrong doing. It is either you don't like me because I am (insert ANY race) or you want to pick on me because of my religious affiliation. Grow up American and quit whining. If she was speaking so loud that the driver could hear what she was saying...then I am sure she was disturbing the whole freaking bus! OK...bomb away. I might need to turn off my PM's! :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Sounds to me like she was just too loud too. Perhaps being told to hush embarrassed her and this is her reaction.

Sounds to me like she was just too loud too. Perhaps being told to hush embarrassed her and this is her reaction.
That is what I mean. Rather than to take it as it was intended..."Don't be so loud"...she chooses to see it as religious persecution.
:bang:

Doesn't sound to me like she was treated all that poorly... she and the kids got a nice free and private ride to church in the bus company van. Quite to the contrary, it seems as if she was rewarded for her rude behavior.

Before I form a definite opinion as to whether or not the bus driver was wrong or the mother was wrong I would like to hear all of the facts--preferably to include other's opinions who were on the bus. This could go either way at this point, otherwise. The bus driver may have been intolerant to a woman reading the bible to her children, or the mother may have been reading in a loud, disruptive manner. I just don't know.

However, now that I think about it, how would the bus driver know what type of content the mother was reading if she was at the back of the bus unless she was reading loudly? I would still like more facts and accounts, though. Was she first asked to tone it down because it was disruptive to the driver and other passengers? Did she refuse to do this or become belligerent when asked? Or did the bus driver somehow hear the woman reading in an, "indoor voice" and did not want to hear anything religious?

I have a feeling that the mother was reading too loudly and that it was disruptive. But, feelings aren't facts.

Lion

At the risk of being jumped...I am going to say this! This is sickening. I am a Christian. I am not a racist. HOWEVER.....just like the "race" card often being played...so is the "religious oppression" card. I am SOOOOOO sick of this crap. People just don't want to take ANY personal responsibility of wrong doing. It is either you don't like me because I am (insert ANY race) or you want to pick on me because of my religious affiliation. Grow up American and quit whining. OK...bomb away. I might need to turn off my PM's! :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Definitely not gonna bomb away with the old PM's deanws:). You may be on the money. Ah, heck even if it turns out to not be true I never do that anyway. I hope she isn't using the religious card, now that would angrify me.

Lion

Definitely not gonna bomb away with the old PM's deanws:). You may be on the money. Ah, heck even if it turns out to not be true I never do that anyway. I hope she isn't using the religious card, now that would angrify me.

Lion
It does me too when people do this. I hear people at my church STUFFING their religion down other's throats..and it makes me so mad. You can tell someone something without be so obnoxious.:slap: And then they wonder why some Christians get a bad name!?!?! Ummm HELLO!?!?:slap:

Great. I hope they start kicking off all the rambling "homeless" people and the thugs with ipods so loud everyone has to hear the vulgar rap that leaks out of the speakers. I've been on mass transit and can think of worse things to hear. It was Sunday and she was on her way to church for gosh sakes. It's not like she was trying to preach to the bus people on a Monday morning for no reason. A little bit of the tolerance that so many preach should be practiced in all cases, imo. It's not right to target Christians just because they seem to be the last group of people whose rights are not protected. By the way, I'm not a Christian. I think most of them are really good people and hearing a bit of the Bible won't kill anyone. Just let it be. Roll your eyes if you want to but practice a little tolerance for one's religeon. If I heard a Buddist chanting on their way to the temple, I'd think, "good for them having the constitution to practice a faith and be dedicated."

Great. I hope they start kicking off all the rambling "homeless" people and the thugs with ipods so loud everyone has to hear the vulgar rap that leaks out of the speakers.
That works for me too! LOL!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great. I hope they start kicking off all the rambling "homeless" people and the thugs with ipods so loud everyone has to hear the vulgar rap that leaks out of the speakers. I've been on mass transit and can think of worse things to hear. It was Sunday and she was on her way to church for gosh sakes. It's not like she was trying to preach to the bus people on a Monday morning for no reason. A little bit of the tolerance that so many preach should be practiced in all cases, imo. It's not right to target Christians just because they seem to be the last group of people whose rights are not protected. By the way, I'm not a Christian. I think most of them are really good people and hearing a bit of the Bible won't kill anyone. Just let it be. Roll your eyes if you want to but practice a little tolerance for one's religeon. If I heard a Buddist chanting on their way to the temple, I'd think, "good for them having the constitution to practice a faith and be dedicated."

I agree...I've heard of much worse things than someone reading a Bible. If she was sitting in the back of the bus and the bus driver could hear her she was either practically yelling (unlikely, imo) or that was one quiet bus with no one else talking.

Great. I hope they start kicking off all the rambling "homeless" people and the thugs with ipods so loud everyone has to hear the vulgar rap that leaks out of the speakers.

ITA, ziggy. The general public riding public transportation would not be made to tolerate loud, often vulgar music.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back