Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if he told anyone other than the girl he was with at the vigil... no one else there would have taken that lying down! Plus I doubt he would have said these disgusting admissions within earshot of anyone else. So it's likely she plays a fairly big part in this.
Might explain that interesting camerawork on the footage of them behind and up close at the march, he was being closely monitored at that time. Ugh, this is making me so so sad.

In recalling the video of him and the woman at the walk, he was determinedly holding onto her shoulder as they walked...Does anybody have the link to that video? I would like to look at it again with the new info in mind...

Yes. Me too. I remember that my first thought was that she wasn't thrilled to be there. I even wondered if she might have been an accomplice, and was uncomfortable at the rally. I'll look for the link.

In recalling the video of him and the woman at the walk, he was determinedly holding onto her shoulder as they walked...Does anybody have the link to that video? I would like to look at it again with the new info in mind...

[video=twitter;881968352058650624]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/881968352058650624[/video]

Oh to be a fly on the wall in court today. Here's how I visualize it -

Defense: Let him out. He's not a danger.

Prosecuter: He admitted to kidnapping. He pointed out potential new victims from the crowd at the kidnapping victim's vigil. He threatened to harm the person he was telling all this too.

Judge: Lock him up. Hide the key. Conversation over.

Courtroom attendees:
giphy.gif

Perhaps that's the reason he gripped her shoulder the way he did. Could be he was getting suspicious and started threatening?

I am sorry if this has already been discussed...but, it looks as though he is taking something out of his bookbag and they both look down at this item.
Possible cell phone pictures.... to brag? Obviously this is just speculation but it is really creepy to see that knowing what we know now!

Just a thought about that girl wearing a wire - how risky would that be given she was (apparently, who knows at this point) allowing him to be relatively touchy feely with her? Arm around her, hand holding - he seemed to be in a relatively intimate mood, if I were her, and wearing one, I'd be worried he'd make some kind of contact and feel it. Are wires easy to feel through clothes? Are there other recording devices she could have been using?
I don't think it's hugely important, just interesting.

Recalling that video, I can't help but think of how he looked directly at the camera. It was chilling. His mere presence at the march was extremely upsetting. It reeks of overconfidence, especially now that we know LE was already looking into him. I wonder how that kind of extreme confidence works now that he's been captured. Does he still think he can get away with it?

I am sorry if this has already been discussed...but, it looks as though he is taking something out of his bookbag and they both look down at this item.
Possible cell phone pictures.... to brag? Obviously this is just speculation but it is really creepy to see that knowing what we know now!

It is a water bottle.

My guess is that he shared incriminating evidence and then after that threatened the person if they spoke up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or that person provoked him by asking too many questions (the car) or finding something in the apartment that was suspicious?

Just a thought about that girl wearing a wire - how risky would that be given she was (apparently, who knows at this point) allowing him to be relatively touchy feely with her? Arm around her, hand holding - he seemed to be in a relatively intimate mood, if I were her, and wearing one, I'd be worried he'd make some kind of contact and feel it. Are wires easy to feel through clothes? Are there other recording devices she could have been using?
I don't think it's hugely important, just interesting.

I wondered this too. I also feel they were more than merely acquainted or knew each other better than just a hookup or two. The way he is touching her and lends her his water to drink....they knew each other at least somewhat well.

My question is, how does she play into this? Did they have common fetishes/fantasies that allowed him to feel comfortable telling her? Did she lead him to believe she wanted to go to the rally because she liked everything he had told her about it so far, then he shared even more while they were there? It's almost as if he was educating her on how to do it, he considered himself quite the pro by this point.

Thought it was a water bottle but I now see what looks like a phone next to it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• water bottle.jpg
    water bottle.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 329
Perhaps that's the reason he gripped her shoulder the way he did. Could be he was getting suspicious and started threatening?
That may be as simple as helping him to stay close enough to talk quietly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That was my thought as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well we can agree to disagree. In my grad program, no one updated their Linked In and many didn't even have one. I know several academics actively searching for university and privatejobs who don't have one.

I did not say people leaving PhD programs are happy. I'm just saying it happens a lot and leaving the program alone is not that unique.

That's true but you cannot forget to update something you never had in the first place. You term "update" would be appropriate if his LinkedIn said "B.A. Physics". That's something to update because it already happen, the PhD candidacy did not.This not an issue of agreeing to disagree. His LinkedIn profile misrepresents his accomplishments to his benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if his companion at the vigil turns out to be LE, or a CI specifically recruited to make contact with him (possibly via FetLife?) and profess her interest in taking their fantasy to the next level by committing a real abduction.

It's not uncommon for serial killers to seek accomplices with whom to commit their crimes (e.g. the Freeway Killer and the Toolbox Killers). BC may have jumped too quickly at this chance to share details of his exploits and plan his next abduction with a companion representing herself as like-minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That's why I think he's making it up. Who knows.

I said the same thing to my mom and she said, "What's to ponder? He's one sick puppy yet he knows right from wrong." I agree but I'm still curious about his conditioning and how he slipped from reality to fantasy.

Yes it is hypnotizing. I used to watch them in Illinois east of Bloomington. Almost like a fidget spinner :)

Seems that way!

Wow, very interesting! Thank you for the pictures!

You just described me to a "T." I took one of those Meyers-Briggs tests and scored an ISTJ. I would be happy to be in some room 9-5 doing data entry. But as it is, I deal with people all day and yes, it's very exhausting. :eek:fftobed:

Can we switch jobs? I'd love not to do too much data stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire