2009.06.16--Brad Conway on GMA

affinity

Reaction score
Brad Conway was interviewed on GMA very briefly--but I am still very surprised at one of his answers to a direct question about Casey. The question was something along the lines of "why is law enforcement NOT looking for anyone else--does that mean Casey is responsible?" and Brad Conway answered: "I believe there is someone else involved".
WOW. So--he was indicating that there was someone else BESIDES Casey involved (?!). Otherwise wouldn't he have said "Casey is innocent"? He did NOT say that. I am a little stunned.
Did you see this--did you take the above the same way I did?

Brad Conway on Good Morning America
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7849993

I did take it that way. I do note that he said, "The question is whether involvement was minimal, or borders on conspiracy." (paraphrased)

I am waiting to see if JB responds to BC's assertions that KC will have to take the stand because of JB's strategy.

We've said all along that JB had made the decision that KC should not see her parents, and now we have confirmation.

I found Brad's interview to be of far more interest that the A's.

We've said all along that JB had made the decision that KC should not see her parents, and now we have confirmation.

Is he also making the decision she can't look/smile/wave or in any way acknowledge her parents in the courtroom?..Probably so but I have no clue why cos that's hurting her already rotten image even more! :rolleyes:

My impression was that Brad's words were carefully chosen and well aimed. He and the A's see the bus coming and are firing shots back to challenge JB. He all but came out and said that KC was somehow involved in the death of Caylee. Quite an about face for the A's. Yep, they see that big bus heading right for them! ITA that this was the most important interview of the three this morning. It was very calculated to send a message.

Timing of this specific interview is crucial, IMO. It is as if BC was saying, "Here we are a year later. Where are you going with this now, JB?"

The other point of the interview that I found to be intriguing is that when Brad listed the reasons he'd filed the motion to seal the autopsy report, he included this statement, "They also don't want to deal with speculation about what is and is not in the report."

Just me, but am I yet again wondering and speculating all the more about the report because of that statement.

I did take it that way. I do note that he said, "The question is whether involvement was minimal, or borders on conspiracy." (paraphrased)

I am waiting to see if JB responds to BC's assertions that KC will have to take the stand because of JB's strategy.

I found Brad's interview to be of far more interest that the A's.

While I think it's true that JB has forbidden the visits, I also think it's true that this is also KC's choice at this time. At this point in time she blames her parents for a lot of things, not the least of which is that they are the reason Caylee is dead and the reason that KC sits in jail with her entire life taken from her. IMHO, she does not want to see them.

Timing of this specific interview is crucial, IMO. It is as if BC was saying, "Here we are a year later. Where are you going with this now, JB?"

The other point of the interview that I found to be intriguing is that when Brad listed the reasons he'd filed the motion to seal the autopsy report, he included this statement, "They also don't want to deal with speculation about what is and is not in the report."

Just me, but am I yet again wondering and speculating all the more about the report because of that statement.

I'm speculating even MORE cos I haven't seen the report so to me that statement made NO sense at all. :waitasec:

Me too! My thought is that the report may include fingerprint results, tox results, or evidence of past abuse. There has to be some specific information. What else would bring on more speculation about how Caylee died -- we've been speculating for almost a year now. I think Brad's comments were meant to defray new speculation from new information in that report. Whatever it is, he knows the defense may try to use it against the A's.

Brad Conway was interviewed on GMA very briefly--but I am still very surprised at one of his answers to a direct question about Casey. The question was something along the lines of "why is law enforcement NOT looking for anyone else--does that mean Casey is responsible?" and Brad Conway answered: "I believe there is someone else involved".
WOW. So--he was indicating that there was someone else BESIDES Casey involved (?!). Otherwise wouldn't he have said "Casey is innocent"? He did NOT say that. I am a little stunned.
Did you see this--did you take the above the same way I did?

Brad Conway on Good Morning America
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7849993

Bumping up to show the link for the interview has been added for anyone that didn't get the opportunity to watch the segment.

I must be odd man out on the entire forum today. :)

While everyone else is interpreting Brad's statements to be all about the bus heading for the A's, based on this interview and past ones with the A's and JB, I still lean more towards the bus heading towards JG.

Recall that JB implied JG was a suspect during the last motions hearings? And on LKL, the A's again implied they had a suspect in mind?

I do think the bus might swerve to nick the A's, absolutely. But, I think in this interview BC is leaning towards the JG angle. MOO.

While everyone else is interpreting Brad's statements to be all about the bus heading for the A's, based on this interview and past ones with the A's and JB, I still lean more towards the bus heading towards JG.

Recall that JB implied JG was a suspect during the last motions hearings? And on LKL, the A's again implied they had a suspect in mind?

I do think the bus might swerve to nick the A's, absolutely. But, I think in this interview BC is leaning towards the JG angle. MOO.

him or amy...then again there is always ricardo......

I am leaning the same way you are. I think JG is going under the bus too.

I do think that BC is definately leaning towards putting the blame on JG because if you remember George Anthony mentioned JGs name when he was interviewed and during the time Caylee was missing the A's kept bringing up Grunds name. Apparently the A's have BC buffaloed into believeing JG had part in Caylees disappearance.
The only thing is all roads lead to KC as the killer.

him or amy...then again there is always ricardo......

Yes. 'The Conspiracy' and don't forget the Nanny still under watch in Puerto Rico.

Seriously, I am still somewhat shocked. I would have thought that by now, this strategy would have long since been dropped, at least by BC. I'll give him much credit that he is not envisioning a scenario that doesn't include some guilt on KC's part, but either he knows something we don't know via JB, (which would not necessarily make it true,) or BC is stating what his clients want him to state.

The thing is, he sounded convinced himself that there might be others involved.

"I think there's reason to believe that other people were involved. The question is what was their involvement? How deep was it? Was it minimal or was it actually bordering on conspiracy?" asked Conway.

Conway went on to say that he and his clients are trying to take control over the information that the public gets to see. They want to make sure Casey gets a fair trial.

I also take issue with the last. As JB does, so too is BC trying to usurp the Sunshine Law. At the beginning of the interview the editorial narrative states he is disappointed with the documents released by the State. Again, neither of these lawyers ever adds a clear statement to underline that the releases are by law. I respect that defense attorneys are just doing their jobs, but the continued omission of reference to the Sunshine Law irks me to no end.

It is such a weak attempt at a back-hand slap to the State, yet people who haven't followed the case like we have simply aren't aware of that.

I am leaning the same way you are. I think JG is going under the bus too.

IMO there is something in that report that could be used to place blame on someone else, and this someone could be the A's. But remember that Conway is the A's attorney -- It only makes sense that he would deflect that blame away from his clients and onto JG or AH. Don't know if JB will place the blame on one party. Most likely he will throw it out there and pray that a little sticks on someone besides KC.

Do any of you know off the top of your head, so I don't have to research for a long time, what the date was that JG quit the police force? I have always wondered if the reason was because he felt that he could not be a police officer after maybe, he assisted someone in disposing of a child's body? Just a theory I have often thought about.

Nope, you're not odd man out, IMO.

To me, from what I've read, BC wouldn't have answered as he did if it were CA/GA. It's someone else under suspicion. Boy, I hope it's not JG, however. How low can KC go? Oh wait....:furious:

Do any of you know off the top of your head, so I don't have to research for a long time, what the date was that JG quit the police force? I have always wondered if the reason was because he felt that he could not be a police officer after maybe, he assisted someone in disposing of a child's body? Just a theory I have often thought about.

Ohhh, I hope not...

However, IIRC, he did quit somewhere in late June, like the 22-27 range? I'm sure someone else will know this off the top of their head!

ugh, that would be bad timing, wouldn't it?

Still on the JG topic - did anyone ever figure out why he quit? didn't he start in Dec. '07? If so, was June when his 6 month probationary period was up? Maybe he wasn't doing well with his field training?

BBM

Potato you're not the odd man out, I agree with you

I do not believe that the bus is heading in the direction of the A's. Unfortunately JG is another matter...IMO the bus is heading his way.
From the moment Casey told her parents not to trust him back in July she showed us which way she was steering this bus.

I could not believe my ears.....Am I right that this is the first official acknowledgement by the A's that KC is involved in Caylee's death?

I thought BC made it clear that he thinks JB's defense is going in the wrong direction..............what reason would he have for doing this in such a public forum? Nothing they do is by accident ya know.........

help...........:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back