IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear to me that the children would be impacted in a positive way if this is locked away for the rest of his life.

Parenthood doesn't make you a good parent.

No they wouldn't be impacted in a positive way. This would be traumatizing to any child. This is not about their parents being good ones (they are not), it's about the stigma of being the child of a violent offender.

I live in Los Angeles...here, people drive an hour and a half to and from work every day...so that distance does not shock me at all.

I'm from Northern Ireland where an hour and a half drive takes you from one end of the country to the other so I can forget sometimes in America it's a distance people travel casually all the time.

To be fair, for somebody who was having marital problems at the time and possibly had limited access to a car, it means it was a fair distance for him to travel but it's that kind of evidence that allows for a vague argument that he might not be BG, while also suggesting at the same time that he might be.

I forgot to add that his eyes being brown instead of blue as we were warned about in the sketch, is another thing that works against DN. This wait is almost painful. All we can do is hope that tomorrow we get some news, whether it's the confirmation we've been looking for or the bad news.

I am another long, long time lurker. Found Websleuths due to my obsession with Jonbenet Ramsey. Followed other cases here and none of them ever affected me like this one. A few pages back (I am not quite caught up) someone wondered if the families of Libby and Abby were reading here. I was in a Facebook group discussion about DN and a question was asked about his whereabouts in June 2012. It was Elizabeth Collins' father. It broke my heart to imagine five years of searching for answers like Elizabeth and Lyric's families have had to do. I live in Iowa not too far from Evansdale. Sincerely praying that all these families get the answers they need.
Sal

I disagree. Certainly it would be difficult, but it also may be the only hope the children have of ever living in peace. I speak as the child of a violent father, who wasn't locked away for life but should have been. The chaos he brought was difficult enough for the few years I lived in it, and finally escaping it was unquestionably the single healthiest thing that happened. It changed the course of my life for sure, and though I hate the continued upheaval it might (would?) mean for his children, their lives with him sound torturous.

Edited to add that this is a response to papixee; for some reason my quote didn't work.

Just a thought regarding cars - did DN possibly steal one?

I'm from a small town in Wisconsin, and we never locked our car doors when we went anywhere. Do some people still leave their keys under the mat, in the glove box, etc.? Also, if DN was working on a farm or ranch, keys for a truck or car may have been left in the vehicle.

Just thinking how or where he may have gotten around when supposedly living under a bridge during this time.

What is this referring to?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe he did try to take it after he told them down the hill and Libby resisted and that totally set him off? She may have pitched it and he was unable to find it. Just my wandering thoughts. I'm sure they will wander somewhere else shortly.

Sorry - I thought I quoted in my reply.

I'm from Northern Ireland where an hour and a half drive takes you from one end of the country to the other so I can forget sometimes in America it's a distance people travel casually all the time.

To be fair, for somebody who was having marital problems at the time and possibly had limited access to a car, it means it was a fair distance for him to travel but it's that kind of evidence that allows for a vague argument that he might not be BG, while also suggesting at the same time that he might be.

I forgot to add that his eyes being brown instead of blue as we were warned about in the sketch, is another thing that works against DN. This wait is almost painful. All we can do is hope that tomorrow we get some news, whether it's the confirmation we've been looking for or the bad news.

The sketch stated that his eyes were NOT blue

But we don't even know if that car runs, do we? A lot of homeless sleep in older, inoperable cars.

You're right, we have no idea. I guess all of us are just speculating until we hear about the DNA results. If he is BG it will be interesting to know how and why he ended up in Delphi that day. If not DN still has some things to answer for in Colorado.

Checking out the available MSM full size pictures of DJN, I measured - as best as I can - the ratios of upper body to legs and compared them to BG.

BG comes up to a ratio of app.1.13. DJN compares to an app. 1.19. I'd say it's close.

-Nin

I disagree. Certainly it would be difficult, but it also may be the only hope the children have of ever living in peace. I speak as the child of a violent father, who wasn't locked away for life but should have been. The chaos he brought was difficult enough for the few years I lived in it, and finally escaping it was unquestionably the single healthiest thing that happened. It changed the course of my life for sure, and though I hate the continued upheaval it might (would?) mean for his children, their lives with him sound torturous.

Edited to add that this is a response to papixee; for some reason my quote didn't work.

I am so sorry you had to deal with a violent father. That's horrible. My children, too, had to suffer with a violent father. He was a severe alcoholic and was abusive to me, but not the children. I left him and we tried to reconcile 5 years later, but my children were skeptical. He came to our house drunk, I kicked him out and he went home and hung himself. To this very day both of my children have many issues with self confidence, depression.....etc simply from seeing his behavior. Sometimes it stays with you forever.You can change your home, the country you live in but your past can follow you anywhere.

Random thoughts;

Maybe he saw them taking pictures of him exposing himself, asked them for the phone and then got angry when they refused? It would make sense then for Libby to hide it/throw it (if that's what happened) since she knew he wanted it.

Or

Maybe he didn't want the phone to ping and that's why he didn't take it?

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Los Angeles...here, people drive an hour and a half to and from work every day...so that distance does not shock me at all.

The lady in Martinsville though Delphi was an all night drive, I think that is typical of the Indiana rural culture which is a bit wary of drives...but DN wouldn't be, he would know the real time between distances, (exposure in the Marines to driving and distances.)

<modsnip>

Although DN did skip town in Indiana, and missed for the first time his checking in as a RSO...one day after the sketch was released.

When we were first all looking so closely at the BG photo I thought he was a man in his late 20s early 30s. I didn't see him as obese although a lot of others did. He seemed of average height, and with maybe a stocky build. I never thought he would be smart or crafty. As I mentioned earlier, many times when a case goes unsolved for months or years it isn't because the murderer was an Einstein, but it has more to do with luck at the time.

At 70 my eyesight isn't the best in the world I am sure although I have never had to wear glasses, and just passed my drivers license eye test last December with flying colors. :) Anyway so many of the posters were so sure he was much older, and much heavier that they fully convinced me I wasn't seeing him clearly. I felt they were more experts at this than I am by far and I still feel that way. They still could be correct until we get an affirmation DN is the suspect.

Then we had the sketch released. It was such a good sketch it made me feel only someone who knows him well could have assisted the artist or someone who was closely watching him taking in all the details. What convinced me was when I saw DNs photo matched up with the sketch and it was like looking at another photo of DN including the eyes and even the turned down mouth.

After then I saw several of DNs mug shots from different time periods in his life, and just somehow in my gut I knew this man was BG. He looked so much like I thought he would that it was frightening honestly. Peering into the eyes of evil is never easy. The sketch is a dead ringer for him compared to his mug shot taken closest in time to the murders of the girls. IMO So what convinced me was when I saw one of DNs photos matched up with the sketch and it was like looking at another photo of DN including the eyes, and even the turned down mouth.

I have been here since 2004 and most posters know me very well. They know I do not accuse anyone of any crime when I feel there isn't any evidence. I will stand with the minority and have many times waiting for the evidence proving who the suspect/s actually were. But here in this case I am absolutely convinced DN is the suspect which is new for me since I usually wait. There are just way too many coincidences for him to not be involved. I truly believe he is the one, and the only one who did these crimes.

Could I be wrong? Of course I could be. I will be shocked if he is ruled out but the main thing no matter what happens.. DN has brought more needed attention to this case, and that is always a good thing.

So we wait ..along with the families for the answer we all want to know. Is he or isn't he the murderer of Abby and Libby? The most important thing is the two families will have that answer soon one way or the other.

I suspect we'll get a presser update tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck