MO - Megan Meier, 13, Mentally Abused, Commits Suicide

If you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to meet you for sex, certainly you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to kill herself. One would THINK.

Good point!!!

If you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to meet you for sex, certainly you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to kill herself. One would THINK.

Or, at the least to cause her emotional trauma. Cyber bullying is a real problem, and it is an offshoot of stalking. That's what they were doing, pretending to be someone else so they could gain her confidence and keep track of her. I hope they *ROT*!

Can you say "HELICOPTER PARENT"? Just one more sad attempt to "fix" the world for her child. It's one thing to monitor your child's online activity - totally insane to impersonate a child to participate in, monitor and control what others are saying about YOUR child. That Mom is NUTS and she isn't doing her child any favor either. No matter what this Mom does, one day, her child must live in a real world where Mommy can't run around and fix everything for her by manipulating others. This MOM was/is the mentally unbalanced one, NOT Megan. This Mom is not any better than the nutso Mom who decided to eliminate the competition of her cheerleader daughter. Geeze, what is WRONG with these women?? Live thru your daughters much?

IMO it takes a very immature, sick and mentally twisted person to do this to a 14 year old girl - just the IDEA is sick....but to DO IT ...AND KEEP DOING IT? I wonder --- did this woman ENJOY torturing Megan? Did she feel GOOD that day when she signed off her fake account? Did she feel she had "fixed" things for her daughter by torturing her friend online? Did she feel GOOD? I'm thinking she did - and even if Megan hadn't killed herself, that makes this woman seriously a threat to others - if she would do THIS, what ELSE would she "do" for her daughter?

I would not want to be around her and I certainly would not want MY CHILD associating with her or her child in ANY way. She single handedly made her precious daughter a COMPLETE pariah - kind of a weird justice in that, isn't there?

My Opinion

This breaks my heart. The mother who created the fake account said in the news article that she doesn't feel guilty since she found out that Megan had attempted suicide before, that lady has some serious mental issues. Prayers for the Meiers.

And people wonder today why kids are sooo mean, where do they get it. Obviously from their parents. I am constantly telling my 9 year old son how words can impact peoples lives and not to say mean things or go along with other children who are being mean. I know I can't be there all the time but I think if more parents stressed this and didn't do like these parents and get in on the bullying then there would be a lot less suicide and a lot less school shootings. There is a boy in my son's class that none of the kids like. He is antisocial and everyone says he is mean. I told my son he does not have to be his best friend but to be friendly if he is being friendly and not to take part in taunting him. This boy was soiling his pants last year in 2nd grade and I have to wonder what is going on in his home life to cause such behaviors.

And people wonder today why kids are sooo mean, where do they get it. Obviously from their parents. I am constantly telling my 9 year old son how words can impact peoples lives and not to say mean things or go along with other children who are being mean. I know I can't be there all the time but I think if more parents stressed this and didn't do like these parents and get in on the bullying then there would be a lot less suicide and a lot less school shootings. There is a boy in my son's class that none of the kids like. He is antisocial and everyone says he is mean. I told my son he does not have to be his best friend but to be friendly if he is being friendly and not to take part in taunting him. This boy was soiling his pants last year in 2nd grade and I have to wonder what is going on in his home life to cause such behaviors.

Pants soiling through higher grades can be everything from impacted bowels to irritable bowel syndrome. It doesn't always have to be homelife. Not saying it's NOT, just adding some information. :)

Pants soiling through higher grades can be everything from impacted bowels to irritable bowel syndrome. It doesn't always have to be homelife. Not saying it's NOT, just adding some information. :)

Oh I understand it could be medical but he has some serious other social issues too and the teachers seemed to think it was a control thing with him. He finally stopped but I the kids still pick on him because he doesn't dress like them and they say he doesn't bath. I told my son that if he doesn't bath it is because he doesn't have a parent that makes sure he does things like that and it isn't his fault.

Oh I understand it could be medical but he has some serious other social issues too and the teachers seemed to think it was a control thing with him. He finally stopped but I the kids still pick on him because he doesn't dress like them and they say he doesn't bath. I told my son that if he doesn't bath it is because he doesn't have a parent that makes sure he does things like that and it isn't his fault.

I had a friend whose daughter didn't bathe - single father raising a daughter. When the time came that she was fast becoming the stinky girl in school, I had to intervene. I wouldn't know how to approach a boy on the subject, but with girls you just buy lots of bath stuff, maxi pads and other "girls only" stuff. What girl doesn't like to play grown up?

I have absolutely NO idea how the parents of this young girl have not beaten the living crap out of the these malicious, vicious, horrible people! I honestly don't. How inexplicably juvenile was this MOTHER to be signing onto myspace to monitor what Megan thought of her daughter????!???! Are you kidding me? She pretended to be a cute boy, sent her messages as if she was this boy, then played all coy, then got all nasty and said cruel things to her, maybe the flipping MOM is the one with some mental issues if she has to play junior high school anctics with a 13 year old.

This is SO horrible! I really, truly think that my butt would have been down the street when I found out and I would have kicked their door in and I would have beaten this woman down. I know it sounds harsh, but I honestly think that I would have. If my daughter was dead, and this woman knew that she'd had self esteem issues and had put on this campaign to further stomp all over her esteem and THEN add insult to injury by pretending to be my friend after my daughters death...yeah, I think it would be on.

You and I think alike! :furious: It would be worth going to jail or even prison for......

Megan didn't talk about her ex-friend though. She was talking with what she thought was a "hot" guy about various topics important to tweens, like school etc. She had no clue at first what "he" meant when he said he'd heard she was mean to friends... :( It still is a form of stalking though. It was to harass her, "lead her down the garden path" then blindside her later. Much like what was done to Carrie on the stage at Prom night.

After reading this story, I don't want my kids to have a mySpace account. This is terrible! It's hard for me to fathom any adult being involved in something so juvenile. Shoot, my oldest is 12 (a boy) and I just heard someone in a neighboring school talking about the middleschoolers (girls) wearing black armbands to indicate they've had oral sex and having rainbow parties. 12 years old. Unbelievable. I happen to live in the same general area as these people too (St. Louis/St. Charles Co.)...

I really feel for Megan's parents. I completely agree with the person that said if a man can imitate a teen boy online to lure a young girl to meet and have illegal sex and get arrested for THAT act, why can't this person be prosecuted for imitating a teen boy to mentally manipulate and torture a young girl into suicide?? So what if it wasn't intent. These people knew her, knew her fears, hopes, dreams and weaknesses and exploited that for their own gain. Oops, she died? That's not good enough for me. People need to be accountable for their actions despite intent. JMO.

It is different, MonicaMouse, but I hear what you're saying. I'm really surprised that local LE has not done something. Adults going online to harass a child?

I read this today...Virtual theft' leads to arrest

Seems to me that some sort of deception for malicious purposes could get a legal something or other. The intent was certainly vile and despicable.

The difference is these parents were not maliciously trying to get this girl to kill herself. Believe me, I'm no fan of their actions, but I seriously doubt it was done with the forethought of "How can we get this person to commt suicide?"

The difference is these parents were not maliciously trying to get this girl to kill herself. Believe me, I'm no fan of their actions, but I seriously doubt it was done with the forethought of "How can we get this person to commt suicide?"

Not the forethought - if it was started to see what she'd say about the other girl - but certainly when they started in on her directly, they knew it would harm her.

I am totally at a loss as to what to say. I think that this story tops the list of "Most irresponsible parenting." Why would any parent create a false myspace to torment another child? I don't believe that this womans intent was for Megan to kill herself but, that is the consequence of her bad behavior. In reading the comments after the article there are some that have said that both of these families were good. Well, good my A--! Good parents do not do things like this. I think that this situation here shows their true colors what people saw day to day was not who they really were. According to the paper there will be no charges filed but, they will have to live with this the rest of their lives!!!! I hope that they live a good long time.
For anyone who is interested there is a great book called "Odd Girl Out" fantastic insight into the world of bullying girls.

Not the forethought - if it was started to see what she'd say about the other girl - but certainly when they started in on her directly, they knew it would harm her.

I was going to say, they meant to harm with the whole charade. Harm, and spy. :furious:

Yes - I agree they were trying to mess with her and it sounds like this mother has some serious mental/emotional problems - I just doubt they ever thought she would react the way she did.

I hope this case pushes forward some much needed laws regarding Cyber-issues. It is so sad and the parents's apparent lack of remourse is truly mind-boggling.

Yes - I agree they were trying to mess with her and it sounds like this mother has some serious mental/emotional problems - I just doubt they ever thought she would react the way she did.

I hope this case pushes forward some much needed laws regarding Cyber-issues. It is so sad and the parents's apparent lack of remourse is truly mind-boggling.

They knew she had fought depression, and was taking medicine for it. They knew their deception and the nasty things they said would have a larger impact on her than another kid. And having kids themselves, they know how hard kids tend to take the little things, much less something BIG like what they did.

I couldn't agree with you more southcitymom. The lack of remorse from the parents is shocking and scary. I can't even believe they would harrass her in the first place, that is something I would expect from a 6th grader. Any child raised by them doesn't have a prayer of turning out o.k. I also can't believe they aren't being charged with at least harrassment.

This is just horrible. Poor little Megan, may she RIP. And prayers for her family. I don't think I could hold myself back from beating the living daylights out of those other parents. I'm in shock that an adult could be this childish and not feel guilty about it. So, so sad. :(

What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". That should have been all the more reason this supposed adult,should have been more sensative to her. Its sounds like she knew this poor girl was on medication and was depressed,but she decided to go through with this anyway? I think she should have her name publicized. I'm sure everyone in the town already knows who she is just from gossip,but she deserves to be publically outed.
And after all this she files a police report because the fooseball table was destroyed!!! That takes some nerve.
All I'd like to say to her is "Karma.It will come back to you"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back