Questions for fellow websleuthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly a possibility. However, if she's anything like the college students in my classes, I find it unlikely. They usually try to avoid the library at all costs, preferring the internet's ease instead. I also hold the opinion that she's simply not bright enough to have thought ahead sufficiently to consider the possibility of things being traced, etc. Her pattern of behavior suggests a consistent lack of forethought when lying or committing any act.
ITA.
I think KC probably reads (or pretends to read) in jail to disassociate from her surroundings. Beyond that, KC appears to be a troll the net/slug a movie in to kill time type of girl. I'm fairly confident she's not wading through War and Peace.

She's never shown signs of carefully evaluating the consequences of her behavior. Seen a few of her "hangin' with my peeps" snapshots?

I was wondering if there is a way that computer forensic experts can search all know screen names that someone uses so as to pinpoint where in the world they need to go to check the computers that a suspect has used.

I just don't know. I feel I am somewhat ancient. I feel like I could access a pyramid easier than the average website.

So much of a person's life or a suspect's life can be hidden in the alone hours.

Please don't take this as a criticism of Dolphin's idea.....it's fantastic:blowkiss:

I'm just wondering how far forensics can take this to gather information of Miss Casey's whereabouts as to what computers she was using that we don't know about.

Can they get addresses??? Locations??? Specific Libraries??? :help:

Someone mentioned the library many weeks ago on NG.
I live in florida, but not in the same area.
As for books and other reading materials, no id needed to read at the library.
Checking out books, signing into a public computer requires a library card.
There are ways to check patron records for materials checked out and computer logs.
I am not familiar with Orange County Library infomation, but at my local libraries a patron needs to sign in electronically to use a computer. The library card #, name, and last 4 digits of phone number is required to sign in.
Always possible to use someone else's card and info though. Need an id to get a library card. Most library cards do not have photo id's. We know that KC has stolen money, maybe library cards as well.
Public libraries, both Orange and Seminole Counties, UCF and Valencia libraries and bookstores...could be

Does anyone know if the camera used to take the last-known pic of Caylee w/ her great-grandfather @ the nursing home belonged to Cindy or Casey?

I found it interesting that the pic was downloaded to Casey's laptop on 6/17 @ 3:31PM.

Cindy borrowed Casey's camera?
Cindy used her own camera and Casey sought it out on 6/17 to download?:waitasec:

Hmmm...

Many libraries have wireless. If a person brings in a laptop computer to use in the library, there generally wouldn't be any record of who was using it. And remember, wi-fi sometimes broadcasts outside buildings.

Many libraries have wireless. If a person brings in a laptop computer to use in the library, there generally wouldn't be any record of who was using it. And remember, wi-fi sometimes broadcasts outside buildings.

But wouldn't the computer user have to sign in using some name. I am wondering if the search can be done at one centralized forensic location.....by using the various sign in names of the computer user as a springboard to know where to go look, and which computers were used. I just don't know.:waitasec:

Not in the systems I am familiar with. I think IP addresses can be gotten off a server, but I don't think there's anything to tag it back to a specific computer.
(Not a PC expert here, but do know that libraries like to keep things anonymous and simple.)

Not in the systems I am familiar with. I think IP addresses can be gotten off a server, but I don't think there's anything to tag it back to a specific computer.
(Not a PC expert here, but do know that libraries like to keep things anonymous and simple.)

Okay thanks:)

I had been wondering if LE had forensic tools to override the anonymity by having a way to know every computer a screen name has physically used.

Too much wishful thinking, I guess...

Has there been any attention paid to page 298 +299 the emails? There is Casey, Juilett and Manny ( which is a male nanny). One email is May 2008. Got any thoughts on this?? On the Doc's released by LE.

I haven't noticed the following being mentioned:
A lot of threads to check, so here's the question.

Did anyone other than myself notice Cindy's hesitation by the shed when Greta did the interview in their yard?

She said the shed had been checked and seemed to NOT want Greta going into the shed or looking around it too closely.

Who thinks the authorities should get a search warrant and dig up that backyard and tear up the shed floor and playhouse and dig under them....

C. may be closer than we think, in her favorite place, their back yard!.....jmo

You are right. That is why criminals (more specifically, pedophiles) commonly have more than one hard drive. They routinely swap out hard drives at the end of each computer session, hiding the one that contains the evidence and putting in another that is 'clean'.

The IP can trace to a specific address or specific node but not to a specific computer and even if it could, that computer's hard drive would be clean. Wise criminals use proxy servers and anonymizers but, even so, they still take precautions because eventually there'll be a knock on the door.

I haven't noticed the following being mentioned:
A lot of threads to check, so here's the question.

Did anyone other than myself notice Cindy's hesitation by the shed when Greta did the interview in their yard?

She said the shed had been checked and seemed to NOT want Greta going into the shed or looking around it too closely.

Who thinks the authorities should get a search warrant and dig up that backyard and tear up the shed floor and playhouse and dig under them....

C. may be closer than we think, in her favorite place, their back yard!.....jmo

My son has said she is under the floor in some shed from the beginning of this. I don't know if that one has a wood floor, but he has said over and over to pull up those floor "planks" and she is there with some kind of a "deed".

Strange, now I wonder if those sheds have wooden floors.

It would be my guess that Casey got AFDC and Medicaid to cover Caylee's medical bills. She would probably qualify because of her low(no) income.

Cindy said in her on line blog that she paid for medical for Caylee. Maybe Caylee could be classified as her dependent, since she lived with them, and was on her insurance plan. Or she paid cash for Caylee's medical needs.

Casey has never received any kind of assistance, as far as I could find.

But wouldn't the dogs have gone nuts if she were still there under a shed or buried elsewhere on the property?
That's why I think that if she were there at one time she was moved.

I was wondering again about the video tape from June 15, Father's Day.
It shows Caylee reading a book, while visiting with Great Grandpa at the nursing home.
I know others have mentioned that maybe they did NOT visit that date, as all the Anthony's kept saying June 9 was the last day they saw Caylee.

I know LE said they had verified the visit as June 15, with the video and the sign in log at the nursing home.

But, did the card, laying on the table in the video, say: Happy Father's Day or Happy Birthday? Does anyone know Great Grandpa's birthday?
I know Cindy's birthday is in early June.

Maybe Cindy and Caylee went to see Great Grandpa on Cindy's birthday?
Maybe the date was changed on the video camera?

?????What do you think?

I'm not from Texas. I'm from Philadelphia. And yes, I have an accent. I now live in New Jersey (close to NYC) and get teased about my Philly accent all of the time.
I am a speech pathologist. Although I don't specialize in accent reduction, I have some knowledge of accents and dialects. Very few people speak like Casey and Cindy. Cindy may be combining her Ohio accent with some "Southern" pronunciations to form words that really jump out at the listener. Casey's syntax and symantics are "off". Best word I can think of (it's 1 am here!) Her sentence structure is atypical of speakers of English as a first language. However, it isn't typical of any other group either.
I remember a class I had in grad school called "Psycho-Linguistics" which certainly has the correct first word in the title......Maybe I should have kept that text book!
I agree that listening to them or reading their quotes is annoying. I guess that is my point.:confused:

I find this interesting. I can't put my finger on it, but it is not her pronunciation so much as the semantics of the words.

I am a true Southerner, with a lot of local colloquialism in my speech and writing, so I can tell you none of her speech is of Southern origin. Her accents for the words are all wrong.

Do anyone know if Caylee's pictures that are dated have been aligned next to one another to see if Caylee is really almost 3 yrs old in the video at the nursing home?
If not, does someone with more skill than I have want to take that on?

Some have thought she seemed too young in the video. You can hear her reading her version of the book she has.

I was wondering again about the video tape from June 15, Father's Day.
It shows Caylee reading a book, while visiting with Great Grandpa at the nursing home.
I know others have mentioned that maybe they did NOT visit that date, as all the Anthony's kept saying June 9 was the last day they saw Caylee.

I know LE said they had verified the visit as June 15, with the video and the sign in log at the nursing home.

But, did the card, laying on the table in the video, say: Happy Father's Day or Happy Birthday? Does anyone know Great Grandpa's birthday?
I know Cindy's birthday is in early June.

Maybe Cindy and Caylee went to see Great Grandpa on Cindy's birthday?
Maybe the date was changed on the video camera?

?????What do you think?

What I found interesting was the date Casey downloaded it to her computer. I can download my movies to my computer - change all the dates on the movies and re-upload them back to a tape/or CD and then it will show the date I set on the computer. I am not a computer guru by any means, so I have questioned MANY TIMES if that was the actual date on the home movie.

There MAY be another tape somewhere if she did not erase the original.

It has been reported that Casey dumped 200 pics the night of
June 15, 2008. I know police can find deleted print material on computers.
Can they find deleted pics?

What would she have deleted? Pictures from Casey's birthday in March?
Pictures of Grandma Cindy's birthday in June?
Pictures from Easter?

What could have been so important about those 200 pics to dump them?
And considering the others she did leave on there.

Hmm??

But wouldn't the dogs have gone nuts if she were still there under a shed or buried elsewhere on the property?
That's why I think that if she were there at one time she was moved.

Maybe she was "put" somewhere temporarily and then MOVED BACK after the dogs were there. How much notice did they have about the warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77