LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a theory? What would you like to talk about? I really do want to hear other people's wild guesses. Its easier to adopt Someone else's than come up with my own. I know it sounds sarcastic but I myself am running out of theories and possible scenarios. I really would like some food for thought.

We could go aalll the way back to my Perp On Foot theory.

Someone quietly steps out of a shadow, knocks or grabs MS off of her bike, takes MS and the bike into a nearby residence, closed business or dark driveway, dumps the bike later.

If it happened at the end of that municipal parking lot it could explain why it's out of frame and why Mickey doesn't appear anywhere else.

:pullhair: What happened and where is Mickey?! :pullhair:

I'm getting so aggravated reading the same theories about DWTs and bikes underneath them and, and, and. This isn't directed at any of you, of course... we're all just trying to help. It's just infuriating that no matter how much we want her to come home and to find out what happened, we have absolutely no information to go on. :banghead: Enough already!

Nah..sorry if I sounded strident.

I just think it's unnecessary to be dismissive of a theory based on a tangible fact when we have nothing else.

Not you, specifically, sorry. Definitely not what I intended.

The dismissal is why I've been off thinking about this in a cave.

I wish I could visit Lafayette.

I'm a little tired of strolling around town with google man. He never has anything new to say.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get lost at this point.
I see your point. Even though it's not Mickey, there's something, and whether or not it relates to the case, you want an explanation. I absolutely understand.

My theory was that the truck driver is the perp and had been following her the whole time. Mickey dropped something in front of circle k that would make the truck look like it's rolling over something, he stopped to see what it was (the door looks open to me), picked it up, Mickey stopped farther down the street (where there just so happen to be no cameras)when she realized she dropped it, while turning around the truck comes up to her showing that he has what she dropped and that's how he got me Mickey to go to him...

It's probably a crazy theory but it's just what I think.

Well the light from circle k is not there in the Mickey on bike pic......moo

Well with street light shining down on her and the other light sources I don't think you can really see it around Mickey. With it being dark under the truck the light from across the street would be a more visible reflection off the road and reflective paint used for lane lines. Now thats JMO. The darker it gets the brighter the light.

I have not, but apparently ACI (or one of his informants) has. ACI is a verified (by WS) and licensed (by the state of LA) private investigator. I'm inclined to accept his information as reputable, especially in the absence of supporting evidence to the contrary.

OT- is there a new thread for Linnea? (I hope I remember that was your post)

It caught my eye because my son's middle name would have been Linnea if he'd been a girl.

The tapatalk app is great, but does have its limitations

I've also seen city-sized alien spaceships in movies, so... ;)

When a person is hit by a car, the point of impact on that person's body is propelled forward at a higher rate of speed than the rest of their body. As such, the head tends to be the slowest to move forward, creating the illusion of moving "backward". If a person walked up to you and pushed you from behind, very forcefully, in the mid-back, your head may snap back...but your body overall would move forward, in the direction of the force of the push, relative to the spot you were standing at the exact moment the hands of the person who pushed you impacted your mid-back.

But you most certainly would not wind up several feet behind the point of impact. Your head may snap in a backwards direction, but ultimately, you'd wind up forward of the point of impact.

Time to make the donuts...off to work for me.

Absolutely true! I was hit by a car as a child. The car was travelling 20 mph and I landed about 12 feet from point of impact. I was very small but still didn't end up getting mowed down and trapped under the vehicle. Maybe speed of the vehicle has to be taken into account?
I'm one of the people who sees something under the front tire of the truck but I think the only way it could be Mickey is if she was somehow, for some reason already disabled. This has all been said already so I'll just stop.

What does DWT stand for I am assuming WT is for white truck but have no clue what the D is for.

I cant say it is for sure even a truck but I thought I did read LE talking about two white trucks a few pages back or threads back , I have skipped arround on this case but What stands out to me is the statements LE has made about damage to the bike is that they seem to think it has been damaged twice. Based on the wording they are using.

I cant say there is something under the truck for sure or not either I did notice one part of what people say is under the truck looks like an uneven line in the road based on the photo of Mickey on her bike and that falls into the shadow of the truck tire making it appear to take a shape.

DWT means darn white truck

I see your point. Even though it's not Mickey, there's something, and whether or not it relates to the case, you want an explanation. I absolutely understand.

My theory was that the truck driver is the perp and had been following her the whole time. Mickey dropped something in front of circle k that would make the truck look like it's rolling over something, he stopped to see what it was (the door looks open to me), picked it up, Mickey stopped farther down the street (where there just so happen to be no cameras)when she realized she dropped it, while turning around the truck comes up to her showing that he has what she dropped and that's how he got me Mickey to go to him...

It's probably a crazy theory but it's just what I think.

That's a pretty good theory. Includes a lot of stuff.

I was thinking that could be a bag of some kind under the truck wheel.

Every time I come back in here I think if we're this frustrated, how is Mickey's family functioning? I'd be sleeping in LE's parking lot and following them around all day.

I think the one point that is being missed is that this is all relative to the point of impact.

IOW, I can see a scenario where a person would be hit low (to continue with your example), hurled upward into the air, feet and legs thrown forward, causing the torso to "lean" backward. The point of impact would be roughly akin to the fulcrum of a see-saw, only rotated 90 degrees.

The upper half of the body could indeed move "backward", relative to that fulcrum point of impact on the body.

But...relative to the point of impact, the idea that MS was hit where she was stopped and thrown backwards 8+ feet is simply an untenable position for one to defend with sound science. In other words, if I spray painted an X in the exact spot where a person was stopped on the road, and you measured that person's final resting spot resultant of that impact, their torso could, in theory, be laying on or very slightly behind the X...but not 8 feet. And the chances of that happening would further decrease, concurrent with increased speeds.

I think a deer, being more rounded in body, might have the capability to be thrown upward and slightly forward; then, as the car continues forward progress and rolls beneath the now-airborne deer, the deer would then land on the roof, roll off the roof and then continue rolling off back of the vehicle.
Why does your model have the truck traveling so fast? I've shown that LE said the truck "turned onto Saint Landry directly behind Mickey", quoted from the found bike press conference. IMO you need to slow your model truck down to about 10 MPH, maybe less, if making a right turn from University.
We should be in first gear here.

Srsly. Nothing is crazy at this point.

I think back along thread 2, 3, 4 ish, someone definitely dismissed The Rapture as a possibility, so there's that.

:beamup: I already thought about that... that's MY train home too, and I'm still here, SO, I ruled it out. :crosseyed:

You know if LE is not investigating anything or anyone seriously, this is going cold.

Even with unsolved cases like Jonbenet's we had things we could sleuth, lots of them. Here, we have a girl on a bike, a last picture-or at least the last to be released and then nothing. LE (and i'm not dogging them) has not released anything useful so basically this thread will go round and round because it has nowhere else to go.

'With comments of damn white trucks galore....seems to be no other theories to explore"..

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/white-trucks-galore-2/

WHITE TRUCKS GALORE

It was on the day of the 24th
I saw white pickup trucks heading south and north.
Now that was unusual I do say
it didn't happen again till pass the
month of May.
It happened in June -
but instead of one now there is two-
white trucks appear out of the blue.
Maybe I am suppose to buy a white truck—
maybe I will have all kinds of luck—
I know I can't play a truck in the lottery game—
but I can buy one and on the back put my name.

Written by Suzae Chevalier on June 27,2012

I think the one point that is being missed is that this is all relative to the point of impact.

IOW, I can see a scenario where a person would be hit low (to continue with your example), hurled upward into the air, feet and legs thrown forward, causing the torso to "lean" backward. The point of impact would be roughly akin to the fulcrum of a see-saw, only rotated 90 degrees.

The upper half of the body could indeed move "backward", relative to that fulcrum point of impact on the body.

But...relative to the point of impact, the idea that MS was hit where she was stopped and thrown backwards 8+ feet is simply an untenable position for one to defend with sound science. In other words, if I spray painted an X in the exact spot where a person was stopped on the road, and you measured that person's final resting spot resultant of that impact, their torso could, in theory, be laying on or very slightly behind the X...but not 8 feet. And the chances of that happening would further decrease, concurrent with increased speeds.

I think a deer, being more rounded in body, might have the capability to be thrown upward and slightly forward; then, as the car continues forward progress and rolls beneath the now-airborne deer, the deer would then land on the roof, roll off the roof and then continue rolling off back of the vehicle.

Just to be completely clear, I don't see MS under the car, or in the picture at all, really. I only see the bike. What I don't see, at least in front of the truck, which is the area that is clearest and easiest to see, is Mickey.

What I am saying is, we can see she is not on the ground in front of the truck. The areas of the picture containing the sign and the passenger side of the truck are distorted and it is hard to make anything out. So, she may be there, but I can't confidently discern anything in that area of the picture. I agree with you that I don't think she flew 8 feet behind the point of impact, but I do think it's possible that she was hit, rolled up onto the hood, then possibly off the side onto the ground.

I can confidently say that she is not on the ground in FRONT of the truck. So, if that IS her bike under the truck, and she is not on the ground in front of the truck, then WHERE is she?

OT- is there a new thread for Linnea? (I hope I remember that was your post)

It caught my eye because my son's middle name would have been Linnea if he'd been a girl.

The tapatalk app is great, but does have its limitations

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8098005#post8098005"]CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June, 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]​

Absolutely true! I was hit by a car as a child. The car was travelling 20 mph and I landed about 12 feet from point of impact. I was very small but still didn't end up getting mowed down and trapped under the vehicle. Maybe speed of the vehicle has to be taken into account?
I'm one of the people who sees something under the front tire of the truck but I think the only way it could be Mickey is if she was somehow, for some reason already disabled. This has all been said already so I'll just stop.

I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying. Are you OK?

I think we'd have to factor in the speed and weight of both objects and point of impact using an equation I would never understand.

when we don't know how many seconds apart these two frames are. Early on ppl were willing to put them 5 to 8 minutes apart. They appear to be a lot closer than that, especially with LE's description of the truck being 'turning onto St.Landry, right behind Mickey'. What I'm hearing on WS is that other municipal cameras in the vicinity of the Consolidated Government building take pictures every 1 minute, or 60 seconds. If the later is true, there is no way to calculate any physics at all. No speed, no sense of direction. We don't know if it took a right or a left to get onto Landry. Too many X factors, namely time,direction, and rate of speed. You don't have that, you got nothing. I think LE would have shared with us Mickey's progress down St.Landry if she indeed made any. They would want us to know the last time she was seen IMO. This is the last place she was positively seen.
l.gif

ps: this is an 'animated gif', the gif format is 'lossy' compared to jpg. I did not make it.

Well if the videos are just 1 second apart, then that would be one fast accelerating truck to run over her. And at more than 1 second I think she would have moved forward several more feet than where posters think she was run over, or think she appears under the truck. That would imply she was knocked backward. I can't buy the idea that she was stopped and the truck creeped up on her and ran over her. Bike would have moved forward regardless. One would have to allow for forward impact of bike and seperation of Mickey from the bike while truck is in motion. Not enough distance in pics as we know the truck didn't raise it front end like a drag car and sit down on her.

I think that Lafayette LE needs to circle their wagons and reinterview every potential witness. IMO something was missed the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie