CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I currently feel this way to. Someone young.

That would be someone she would respond to. Would also make sense with the backpack out in the open as a diversion direction, Easter egg hunt. An adult would not leave it in the open. Would do their best to destroy it or strew bits of it in dumpsters, truck stop trash cans, etc...

At first this is what I thought too. Now, I think it's probably a very sadistic sexual predator with prior experience, that is IF the body was dismembered by the perp and not wildlife. I don't remember any "younger" child killers that dismembered their victims off hand (I'm sure there has been, though, I just can't think of any right now).

I'm not sure about anyone else but for me there seems to be a sense of fear that I haven't felt before from LE. I know that child abductions are always tense but this one has a differert urgency in the faces of the Police and FBI to me. Makes me wonder what they know that the general public doesn't. IMOO

Exactly!

What this dim wit thought was that no one would identify her but she was the one everyone was looking for so duhhhhhhh no matter what he did to her body
it would be assumed it was her. If he had transportation I do think he would have driven further and put her in the woods or someplace she would not be found. Im still thinking he has no wheels of his own. Maybe parents have a car but he cant put her body in their car! Maybe he hid her body at home then had to figure out a way to get rid of her.

Or someone who shared a car, or couldn't be away too long. And maybe he did not get another chance to get out alone until Saturday night to leave the backpack.

Of course, he could have left the body and backpack on the same trip, but it seems harder to believe he had her body in his possession overnight unless he lives and alone (and put her in the freezer :() But if he did not leave the body on Friday night, then he may not live in the exact neighborhood as Jessica, as surely he would have feared a house to house search?

ETA: I never really considered the idea that maybe someone else found the backpack on Sat. and placed where it was found, but I guess it is possible. Maybe he dumped everything Friday night.

Too many possibilities.

Yeah, I believe you that you can't see the crime site from his house. I'm trying to figure out whether he did see something (like did he walk down the hill closer to the scene than he wants to admit?) or if he's just, as you say, having mixed memories, and if so how reliable what he said is.

Not that he seems to have seen much of anything of importance :p

I thought he might have meant that he could see the LE vehicles coming and going, etc., rather than that he could see the actual crime scene. JMO

My recent thought is this: with all the publicity, and the appeal to look at someone close to you who's appearance/demeanor has recently changed since the time of the abduction, I believe someone out there has a terrible suspicion of someone they know. However, I think it will be quite a jump from that terrible feeling to actually calling the authorities with a report. I think it will take alot of time, months or years even, for them to muster up the courage and fortitude to actually make that call, if they ever do. I think the case of the family murder outside Philly several years ago, where the perp was a high school classmate of the murdered son, was unusual in that the parents of the perp brought him to the attention of LE. It was a horrible situation for them to be in, and in the end, after several weeks, they did the right thing, but I believe that is rare. IMHO SOMEONE, family or friend of the perp in this case, has an inkling that he could be involved in this, but have not been able to bring themselves to disclose their suspicion yet. It will change EVERYTHING FOREVER for them, and that is a huge fear. Of course it has absolutley no comparision to the devastating tragedy that befell Jessica and her family and friends. I just imagine denial would be pretty strong for someone with knowledge that someone they know/love could very well be the perp everyone is desperately searching for. I pray that conscience wins over denial eventually and that they report their terrible suspicion to be checked out. Maybe LE needs to start appealing to that sense of right and wrong, beyond just asking for info. JMHO

Exactly!

What this dim wit thought was that no one would identify her but she was the one everyone was looking for so duhhhhhhh no matter what he did to her body
it would be assumed it was her. If he had transportation I do think he would have driven further and put her in the woods or someplace she would not be found. Im still thinking he has no wheels of his own.
Maybe parents have a car but he cant put her body in their car!
Maybe he hid her body at home then had to figure out a way to get rid of her...

Eileen, I agree 100%.
This person was in a hurry to get rid of her body and get back home /or to somewhere in that immediate area, imo....

other wise they would have driven her further away and hid the body better.

Could it be possible this person found the body too heavy to carry any futher off the road??
I suspect this monster cut her fingers off because of the DNA under her finger nails, also.

IMO it is someone in that 11 mile radius...other wise they would have driven her futher away before leaving the backpack and body so close....imo

Or someone who shared a car, or couldn't be away too long. And maybe he did not get another chance to get out alone until Saturday night to leave the backpack.

Of course, he could have left the body and backpack on the same trip, but it seems harder to believe he had her body in his possession overnight unless he lives and alone (and put her in the freezer :() But if he did not leave the body on Friday night, then he may not live in the exact neighborhood as Jessica, as surely he would have feared a house to house search?

ETA: I never really considered the idea that maybe someone else found the backpack on Sat. and placed where it was found, but I guess it is possible. Maybe he dumped everything Friday night.

Too many possibilities.

There are alot of possibilities.
I hope they are being narrowed down by LE!

Eileen, I agree 100%.
This person was in a hurry to get rid of her body and get back home /or to somewhere in that immediate area, imo....

Could it be possible this person found the body too heavy to carry any futher off the road??
I suspect this monster cut her fingers off because of the DNA under her finger nails, also.

IMO it is someone in that 11 mile radius...other wise they would have driven her futher away before leaving the backpack and body so close....imo

I think so also! He lives very close as I see it! And the only way he could transport the body was in pieces. He couldnt carry a childs body around
So he put her in a bag. He could even ride a bike with her in bags. No one would see him in the dead of night. He went to a place frequented by teens
as i see it he knew that drainage ditch was there hes been there before he knew exactly where he was going and he had to do it fast or he would risk being missed at home!

I found something and really am having a hard time with what I read. Hopefully LE has looked into it.

:waitasec: You know, if its ok to quote myself, the more I think about this, the more I think this is plausible.
The abductor could have had her Friday, left her at home (or disposed of her) .
Then he could've gone to work the next day in Superior (bringing the backpack with him to toss it away from his residence, meanwhile having an excuse to be in the area and find an opportunity when nobody was looking, especially after work.) With aaaaallll the workers, most of them illegal I'm sure, it would be virtually impossible to trace him to it.

(again, an idea based solely on local perspective)

margarita, I suspect the backpack was planted there to send LE in the wrong/opposite direction of where the perp. had/kept the child...

Was the consensus that he used the road outside the fence, or drove up one of the roads inside the Open Space?

Yes. Her family said they would use fund to pay for Jessica's memorial service, then the rest would go towards the investigation. It's mentioned on her Facebook site.

That said, it's not an "official reward fund" per se. My understanding is it goes to the family. What they do with it is within their discretion.

Has anyone heard of an actual reward being offered by anyone yet?

Eileen, I agree 100%.

It is hard to get into the mind of someone capable of doing this and think for them. The 'he would have done this if' just doesnt seem to work. Frankly I dont think it is doable to get in the mind of someone like this at least not for a layperson. Why he did what he did and where he did it and how it did it makes sense to him only.

I dont think he necessarily had to be in a rush. Some pedophiles display their victims in wide open spaces above ground. Some can pose the victims in sexual ways. Some may be proud of their 'work' and want the victim to be found.

Somehow he was able to carrying the dismembered remains 25 feet from the road. Imo, that is the place he decided to leave her........not that he wasnt able of carrying it further.

imo

New thread: move on over as this one will close shortly
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187916"]Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't think this guy was on a bicycle. Being from Colorado, I know I would look suspiciously at anyone who was riding around with a black trash bag. Especially one that looked heavy and full.

I think he's got access to a motor vehicle, it may not belong to him, but he has access to one.

The backpack...He placed it there to taunt LE and Jessica's family. No other reason, he just wanted to show how much smarter he was than LE.

As always JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I think so also! He lives very close as I see it! And the only way he could transport the body was in pieces. He couldnt carry a childs body around
So he put her in a bag.
He could even ride a bike with her in bags.
No one would see him in the dead of night. He went to a place frequented by teens
as i see it he knew that drainage ditch was there hes been there before he knew exactly where he was going and he had to do it fast or he would risk being missed at home!

Eileen, Right, so the garbage bags would look like garbage or lighten the weight of the garbage bag.

I suspect this monster is either,a small built/or weak back person, or someone unable to walk far, because of dropping the garbage bag body so close to the highway..I'm not ruling out a female, disabled person, young or old or anyone at this point.

Seems a stronger person would have carried it much futher away...unless vehicle lights was spotted in the distance and this person had to get moving fast.

My recent thought is this: with all the publicity, and the appeal to look at someone close to you who's appearance/demeanor has recently changed since the time of the abduction, I believe someone out there has a terrible suspicion of someone they know. However, I think it will be quite a jump from that terrible feeling to actually calling the authorities with a report. I think it will take alot of time, months or years even, for them to muster up the courage and fortitude to actually make that call, if they ever do. I think the case of the family murder outside Philly several years ago, where the perp was a high school classmate of the murdered son, was unusual in that the parents of the perp brought him to the attention of LE. It was a horrible situation for them to be in, and in the end, after several weeks, they did the right thing, but I believe that is rare. IMHO SOMEONE, family or friend of the perp in this case, has an inkling that he could be involved in this, but have not been able to bring themselves to disclose their suspicion yet. It will change EVERYTHING FOREVER for them, and that is a huge fear. Of course it has absolutley no comparision to the devastating tragedy that befell Jessica and her family and friends. I just imagine denial would be pretty strong for someone with knowledge that someone they know/love could very well be the perp everyone is desperately searching for. I pray that conscience wins over denial eventually and that they report their terrible suspicion to be checked out. Maybe LE needs to start appealing to that sense of right and wrong, beyond just asking for info. JMHO

I agree with you, and the person may well vacillate between denial and terror in dealing with their suspicions. Can you imagine suspecting that your husband/bf/son, etc. has committed this heinous crime? I'd be scared ****less!

how do i message someone on here? Can a moderater please message me so i can reply. After emailing your LE and also sending a message to westminster pd fb page, which they messaged me back within 5 mins to say my information has been passed on to there tipline, with info i found....i want a moderater to tell me what they think.

First post, hopefully I did this correctly. Forgive me if I am repeating other's statements.

I was thinking about Peter's comment on a construction worker option. Many of us in the Denver metro area had significant hail damage early this summer and have been hounded by roofing contractors the entire summer. Many of these roofing contractors are from out of state and many have criminal records for insurance frauds and other offenses. They typically drive company trucks and vans and have construction equipment to cut shingles, etc. Their MO is to go door to door during the day meeting homeowners, getting to know them, inspecting your roof and hanging around the neighborhood. We had several companies in our neighborhood this summer. Several of the guys I knew from sight after seeing them for three months. It could be possible that JR had roofing contractors in her neighborhood this summer and a person would become a familiar face. Given they knock on doors all day someone could have easily figured out the habits of her household and her daily school route. They would have also understood the local geography and streets.

Just a thought...

call this tip in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members